My teaching method is entirely dependent on the student's needs. I have taught a wide range of children from basic to advanced English with classes of up to 40 children. I love to make my lessons fun by utilising warm-up activities and fun games to strengthen my students English skills, promote concentration and to keep it interesting. My philosophy is to always allow my students to reach their full potential and to help them grow!
I am a recent BA Hons English Literature graduate (University of Leeds) from the UK. My aim is to be a secondary school English teacher as I love English - you can typically always find me with a book in hand, teaching and I have taught children from the ages of 3-18 years old. I'm also TEFL qualified as I have volunteered in Peru, Argentina and Thailand where I taught English to socially disadvantaged children. I've successfully taught classes as large as 40 children and I have also supported children with one-on-one lessons to supplement their learning.
September 2018 – October 2018 Soup Kitchen Volunteer
L.I.F.E Argentina, Buenos Aires, Argentina
• Volunteered in two Soup Kitchens, providing food and a happy, safe environment for the local community
• Cared for and played with children, whilst their mothers were eating or at work
• Adaptable and flexible – none of the families could speak English so I taught them the basics and taught the English-speaking staff the basics of Spanish
• Focused on creating a persistent positive atmosphere
• Managed to successfully speak in Spanish to the local families without aid
• Taught the families the basics of the English language
July 2018 – September 2018 English Teacher
SKIP (Supporting Kids in Peru), El Porvenir, Peru
• Taught English to children ranging from 3-18 years-old, of all abilities
o Provided intense lesson plans to fit around children that were struggling, intermediate or advanced
o Required determination and teamwork for large classes ranging from 40-50 children
• Provided support and one-on-one lessons
• Worked in the kindergarten and library, aiding children’s English and Spanish reading skills and helping them with their homework
• Raised over £700 for SKIP prior to my arrival in Peru – helping to fund new projects for the children such as a hanging garden we built
• As a group, we also raised over £25,000 and contributed to one-fifth of SKIP’s annual income
• Variety of projects, including revamping the aesthetics of the organisation, by painting and plastering
July 2016 – September 2016 English Teacher
Camp Thailand, Cha-Am, Thailand
• Taught English to Thai children (age 3-16), using unique and fun teaching methods to adapt to the language barrier
• Ensured all the children understood the vocabulary taught
o Using drawing techniques and photos to aid their learning
• Rewarded with the TEFL qualification
• Successfully taught children a number of key topics and basic vocabulary
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£11||£11|