I am currently in my first year at The University of Edinburgh studying (BEng) Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Management. Having achieved 12 'A' grades for GCSE Ordinary Level and 3 'A' grades ( Mathematics, Physics and Accounting) for Advanced Level I believe I am a key individual into helping any individual achieve their required grades at both GCSE and Advanced Level in Mathematics. Being young gives me a benefit into seeking the best out of my tutees. Having been in the game not so long ago, I have a profound belief that I know exactly what the exam boards are looking for and can tailor every student's aptitudes to their Mathematical needs.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I worked as an Integrated Science and Mathematics tutor at a Zimbabwean rural-based school for three months. During my tenure as a tutor, I gained transferable skills such as communication in a hierarchical system, organisational skills and time management capabilities. Furthermore, I also developed an interest in pursuing further studies in a science related field which culminated in my choosing to study Electrical Engineering with Management. All of these trait developments were a direct result of my day-to-day interaction with at least 150 students in the classroom environment.
At the end of the term, the cohort of students that I taught managed to deliver a pass rate of 67% with 40% achieving an 'A' grade or better.
These rates apply across all levels. However, if you feel like negotiating, feel free to contact me on my listed contact details.
The University of Edinburgh Edinburgh, United Kingdom
September 2016- Present
• BEng in Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Management.
• First-year results: Upper Second Class.
• Predicted overall result: First.
Saint Patrick’s High School Gweru, Zimbabwe
January 2013– November 2014
• A-Levels Grades – Mathematics A, Physics A, Accounting A
• Awarded Joshua Nkomo Scholarship for 1 year.
• Awarded MasterCard Foundation Scholarship for university studies at The University of Edinburgh.
• Most Outstanding Student Award – 2014.
Saint Patrick’s High School Gweru, Zimbabwe
January 2010– November 2012
• GCSE Grades – 12 A grades including Maths – A, English Language – A
• Best GCSE O Level Results in Midlands Province
• Best Overall Student in Shona – Form Four.
Chiwundura Secondary School Gweru, Zimbabwe
Work Experience January 2015 – April 2015
• Worked as a Science and Mathematics tutor at a rural-based school for one school term.
• Gained transferable skills such as communication in a hierarchical system, organisational skills and time management capabilities.
• Developed an interest in pursuing further studies in a science related field which culminated in my choosing to study Electrical Engineering with Management.
Beam of Hope Gweru, Zimbabwe
Co-founder of Beam of Hope April 2014 – August 2015
• Founded a small social enterprise that helps alleviate lives of orphans and disenfranchised children in the Zimbabwean community.
• Visited various children’s homes with the aim of instilling a feeling of love and a spirit of camaraderie within every one of the inhabitants of the homes that we visited.
• Developed an interest in social enterprise, philanthropy and community engagement.
Enactus Edinburgh Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Work Experience September 2016 – present
• Worked as the Acquisitions Officer within the Slurp Project of Enactus Edinburgh Society.
• Was recently promoted to Impact Officer after helping the society in securing a £5000 grant from NUS in order to expand the project’s activities within the university community and beyond.
• Further developed pre-existent personal traits such as organisational skills, teamwork synthesis and empathy.
INTERESTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
2011 Appointed Form 2 dormitory prefect/monitor.
2012 Awarded Best GCSE Ordinary Level Student Award in Midlands Province.
2013 Appointed Vice Head Boy of Saint Patrick’s High School.
2014 Selected as one of the thirty-five USAP Zimbabwe students for 2014 cohort.
Languages: Native in Shona, Fluent in English.
IT skills: Advanced Proficiency in MS Office, Basic Proficiency in C Programming Language.
Voluntary work: Worked as the Financial Director of Interact Club Saint Patrick’s High School.
Music and other: Listens to Adele, Sam Smith and Davido. A die-hard Manchester United fan.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£22||£22|
|5 hours||Not available||£100||£110|
|10 hours||Not available||£200||£220|