I'm a violin and chamber music teacher with a great deal of experience teaching all ages and abilities. I aim to provide a solid grounding in musicianship and technique while still allowing for maximum enjoyment and creativity.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Tell me about your qualifications.
MA, Violin Performance from the Royal Academy of Music (Distinction)
BMus, Violin Performance from McGill University
- How much do you charge?
These prices are based on lessons at my home.
- Where do you teach?
I prefer pupils to have lessons at my house in Chesham, but will consider traveling within a reasonable distance. (Please note there will be an additional charge for lessons outside my home.)
- When are you available?
Because I perform regularly as well as teach, my schedule is somewhat flexible. At the moment I have availability on Sunday from noon onwards and Monday after school. Please still get in contact if these particular times don't work for you, as other times are also possible.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach pupils of all ages and abilities. At the moment I have pupils that range in age from four to mid-thirties, beginners to advanced. I have a lot of experience with children, but also regularly teach adults and more advanced players.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
ABRSM exams from grade 1-8. I am also prepared to prepare pupils for any other board exam.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I can teach lesson via Skype or Facetime
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have over eight years' experience teaching pupils of all ages and abilities. I'm also an active performer, performing regularly with some of the UK's top orchestras, including the London Philharmonic Orchestra, BBC Symphony Orchestra, and the Royal Opera House.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have an up to date DBS.
- Where and with whom did you train?
Royal Academy of Music, Sophie Langdon and Diana Cummings
McGill University, Denise Lupien
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
The Musicians' Union
• MA - Violin Performance (Distinction), Royal Academy of Music
• BMus - Violin Performance (Distinction),McGill University
violin lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|