I give lessons to those studying for their GCSE's and 11/12 + exams. I also teach those attempting the first 9 ACCA exams.
As each student is different so is my methodology! I aim to tailor my lesson plans to the student's learning style.
I am an ACCA finalist (with one exam left to attempt!) who has solid experience with tutoring and coaching students in Maths, Science and Accounting. I have been tutoring for the past 8 years and have seen my students achieve more than they thought possible!
A finance professional with solid experience in developing and streamlining finance processes in order to improve the accuracy and efficiency of daily, monthly & yearly finance tasks. An ACCA finalist with one exam left to complete who has developed strong management skills and the ability to support the entire organisation with sound advice. A dedicated, hard-working individual who takes great pride in her work.
BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance (First class) Plymouth University 2013-2016
ACCA exams 12/13 completed with first time passes
2011-2013, Newstead Wood School for Girls
A level and AS grades
• A level: Chemistry (C), Maths (D), Philosophy and Ethics (B) (A Level grades were subjected to extenuating circumstances)
• AS Level: Critical Thinking (C), Biology (C)
2006-2011, Dartford Grammar School for Girls
AS and GCSE’s
• 11 GCSE’s: 8As, 2Bs, 1C, including As in English language, English Literature, Mathematics, Religious Studies, Business, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
• B’s in Music and IT and C in IT (Double award)
• AS Level: Science in Society (C)
Work Experience/Work Employment
October 2018 to Current The Eleven Enterprises, London
• Conducting daily and weekly payment runs
• Authenticating suppliers and adding them to our approved supplier database
• Weekly and monthly expense run
Accounts Receivable & Credit Control:
• Issuing monthly invoices for four companies
• Updating receivables ledger weekly
• Chasing outstanding clients
• Creating receivables ledger report and discussing with Director weekly
• Inter-company CHAPS & BACS transfers
• Daily and monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts for each company
• Managed company credit cards – setting appropriate limits and reconciling statements
• FX transfers and reconciliations
• Created and adapted internal processes to fit the changing needs of each company
• Developed bespoke software to meet the needs of a SAAS company
• Integrated ‘home’ software with Xero
• Used advanced excel skills (Vlookups, Sumifs etc) to aid business tasks for Directors and Managers.
• Paid all staff for 4 companies monthly
• Processed pension payments and monthly deductions
• Reconciled payroll
• Produced payslips, P45s and P60s
• Yearly P11d submissions
• Quarterly VAT return using Xero
• Submission of R&D Claims
• Yearly corporation tax settlement
• Managed month-end procedures for 3 companies
• Produced management reports, analysis and advice for board meeting.
• Collaborated with directors and managers to help their decision-making process
• Solid experience with Xero, Excel, Word, Google Sheets, Word Sheets & PowerPoint
• Solid experience with Pleo, Fluidly, Supermetrics, Facebook Ads Manager & Google Ads Manager
• Inbox Management
• Satisfied customer queries
September 2018 to October 2018 Capital & Regional, London
• Balance Sheet reconciliations
• Daily Bank Reconciliations – 12 bank accounts
• Inter-company account settlement, transfers and reconciliations
• Rent Account, Service Charge & Credit Card reconciliations
• Finance Processes development
• Double entry journal posting
March 2017 to December 2017 TOTAL Gas & Power, Canary Whalf, London
General Accounting Analyst
• Daily and Monthly Bank Reconciliation
• Improved the internal control procedures for pre-existing processes. This led to more accurate and punctual payment approvals.
• Creating and Managing recharge invoices across the group
• Managing accounts payable and suppliers – ensured suppliers were paid on time and settled any disputes on the company's behalf
• Processing invoices for the group – an average of 100 invoices per day
• Settling intercompany invoices/payments – creating bespoke invoices taking into account any payments due to the group
• Double entry bookkeeping
• Daily running of BACS and CHAPS payments to suppliers and our employees
• FX upload and monthly reconciliation across TOTAL Group – running revaluation of all group ledgers monthly to show a true and fair presentation of our books (taking into account FX fluctuations)
• Proficient in SUN Accounting software including testing for upgrade to SUN 6.3 – created a testing plan and ensuring the team met all aspects of this project before the upgrade date.
• Intercompany Tax settlement – calculating consumption tax between the group and paying the balance to the correct country
• Assisted with the internal and external audit of TOTAL Group.
October 2016 to March 2017 UTC Plymouth, Devonport, Devon
• Answering calls for the college and using the switchboard to divert the call to the right caller
• Reply emails on behalf of the college
• Monitor and record the students attendance
• Franking post
• My ability to multitask greatly improved whilst working here
December 2015 to February 2017 Crossroads, Plymouth, Devon
- Responsible for paying staff wages each month
- Recording all payments into the Income/Expenditure ledger
• Bank Reconciliation
- Conducting a monthly bank reconciliation
- Investigating and amending any discrepancies
- Report bank balance to Project Manager
• Tax and NI
- Assessing employer and employees payee tax based on monthly wage
- Filing quarterly tax return to HMRC
• Petty Cash
- Recording and updating the petty cash ledger
- Filling out petty cash vouchers and ensuring they are signed correctly
- Ensure all ledgers are prepared to be externally audited yearly.
• Other duties
- Creating purchase order forms when needed
- Settling invoices as they arise
2nd September 2015 to 16th September 2015 Waltham Forest Housing Association (WFHA), Walthamstow, London
• By being responsible for the reconciliation of the Supplier’s statement, my attention to detail improved greatly as I had to match the supplier’s code with WFHA’s coding system.
• Handling the rent reports with the Finance Officer improved my analytical skills as I had to learn the organisations computations for calculating the rent for each tenant.
• Bank reconciliation and Petty cash handling improved by organisational and accuracy skills for the figures recorded on the statements had to match the figures I recorded.
• My ability to work with large databases improved as I often had to extract data and perform fuctions in Excel using the extracted data.
April 2014 to October 2016
Partners Relation Officer Angel Foundation, Plymouth, Devon
• Received donations by phone and had to input the details of the person donating into a database
• My ability to work under pressure improved as very often, I would receive a large number of calls so had to work quickly and efficiently
• I became more accurate and my IT skills improved as I had to make sure I copied correctly every detail into the database
April 2014 to July 2016 University of York, Based in Plymouth
• Attending primary schools in the local area and conducting a 5-10min test for certain students.
• My communication skills were greatly heightened as I had to learn how to communicate to all ages
• Organisation and Discipline were also skills I had developed as I had to get to the school on time and finish all the testing in the allocated time slot
Software & Qualifications
• Microsoft Office including Advanced Excel, Word & PowerPoint
• Google and Outlook mail
• ACCA Finalist
Skills and Abilities
• Problem Solving
• Eye for detail
• Software Integration
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking logic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£110||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£210||£200|