start from small topics to learn basics and rules. Then apply this to scenarios. Possibly explain in words and then diagrams however this depends on the individuals. Encourage lots of practice examples. I monitor closely and always available for help.
BSc Hons in Accounting & Finance, working in the Financial Services for 8 years. I have enjoyed teaching throughout my education and career. I would like to pass on knowledge that i have gained across my journey so far. I am a british asian, born in the UK.
An Accountant & Finance of 2010 graduate currently working for Architas (AXA Wealth), having 7 years of core FS experience. In addition, 2 years of experience between a combination of customer services & sales roles. Currently seeking a more challenging role. Experienced in Sage, with intermediate MS Excel skills as well as currently an ACCA finalist.
01/2016 – Present Quality Assurance Analyst
Architas (Member of the Global AXA Group)
• Completing the Quality Assurance work programme, assessing the risks and control environment and more extensive oversight over Architas Operations’ and third-party providers, and identifying issues
• Identifying and participating in ad-hoc and thematic reviews (Complaints, TCF, Training & Competencies, Rebates, Payments, Checklists, FS, etc) that will improve the control environment within Architas
• Identifying issues & observations, monitoring until completion of errors/breaches raised within Operations
• Liaising closely with CASS, Risk, Compliance, Investor Operations, Investment and Fund Accounting teams
• Clear documentation of completed tasks and issues identified to a reperformance standard
• Keeping Quality Assurance Manager informed of progress and escalating any issues identified or delays
• Developing good working relationships with staff across Architas and within third-party providers to enable effective execution of the QA work programme
• Involvement in the design and planning of the annual work programme (planning, execution and reporting)
10/2010 – 12/2015 Senior Business Associate (SBA)
Coutts & Co. (Wealth Management)
Reconciliation, Controls (Audit) and Continuous Improvements
• Perform internal / external stock reconciliation. Providing samplings & other requests for external auditors
• Helping with First Line Of Defence (FLOD) testing to reduce risks and improve processes
• Error deals. Solving various discrepancies
• Looking at existing processes and implementing them to make them more efficient.
• Achieve daily, weekly, monthly and yearly KPI’s. Assisting in monthly CASS form preparation
• Provide coaching, offering support and guidance to ensure colleagues are fully trained on the various processes
• Exchanging settlement with counterparties and fund managers for unit trusts, Equities and foreign stocks
• Internally moving stocks between client accounts, transferring in / out from clients portfolio and into client name
• Liaise with various teams including internationally with Zurich as well as private bankers to keep clients informed
Custody & Corporate action
• An authorised signatory on behalf of the bank so sign vital documents. Also look after the custody safe keys
• Released securities held as collateral currently held in the nominee name after approval
• Investigating deceased estates. This involved to obtain valuation, register the grant of probate as executor (Coutts & Co. RBS or NatWest), then finally arrange to sell or transfer as per the beneficiary’s instructions. Updating CGCal
• Transferring in / out crest eligible certificates in order for the clients to sell holdings. Arranging re-registration of stocks that can only be held physically. Processing dividends and complying with corporate action events
Secondment at Adam & Company (over 2 years)
• Worked within the equity, crest, unit trust and overseas settlements. This involved interpreting swift messages, forex experience, instructed in the market & settled trades, cash management for all currency accounts, settled UK treasuries & equities, monitored sales, purchases & trade confirmations
• One of few staff kept on secondment, post-redundancies, to take responsibility of the client migration exits & ensure a smooth transition to closure of accounts
• Successfully carried out independent projects to increase team efficiency, speeding up sales & payment processes. This was a very lengthy process & required a clear audit trail & informing managers of any difficulties at each stage
• Worked with an external auditor to explain the processes carried out in settlements & provided work samples
• Reported to settlements manager regarding work updates, progress on failed trades with action to minimise this. This was reduced by 90% successfully clearing the backlog
• Producing MI, controlled failed trades, verified trades, making payments & conducted journal entries to transfer funds, settled trades, monitored bank accounts, trained other colleagues as well as monitored the central mailbox to solve issues. Proactive in assisting others teams such as the reconciliation or custody teams
• Constantly liaised with brokers, unit trust managers & third party clients
03/2010 – Present Treasurer (Voluntary)
• Bank reconciliation, recording income & expenditure, producing minutes and submitting annual return to HMRC
09/2009 – 12/2009 Accounts Assistant - (part time)
• Produced weekly reports on VAT & profits, & assisted to buy & sell shares from the stock markets
• Researched in-depth & essential up-to-date knowledge on economy such as on the FTSE 100, DOW JONES etc.
Graduate, ACCA Student, Part qualified, Finance & Accounting, 2:1, Honors upper second class, Trainee, Auditing, Immediate, graduate, internship, Part Qualified Accountant, trainee accountant, Trainee auditor, finance profession, cress, 2010, 2011, 2012, taxation, oasis global, auditor, junior, entry level
01/2009 – 04/2010 Sales Representative for NHS - (part time)
Don’t Panic Online LTD
• Campaign on smoking & dentistry. Obtained information from the public & advised services available for NHS
08/2007 – 08/2008 Data entry & telesales on behalf of Vauxhall & BT - (part time)
CCA Direct Dialog Limited
• Went the extra mile to provide a good customer service. Solved issues / queries & improved their expectations
Present Final stage of completing ACCA
Present Undertaking Investment Operations Certificate
Introduction to Securities & Investment (passed), FSA Financial Regulation (ongoing)
09/2007 - 06/2010 BSc (Hons) Accounting & Finance 2:1
Dissertation project was based on ‘The Association of Market Determinant & Accounting between Risk Measures’
09/2004 - 06/2007 A-Levels Ealing & West London College
A-Level Accounting (B), A-Level ICT (B), A-Level Mathematics (C)
AS-Level Business Studies (D), AS-Level Geography (D)
09/1999 – 07/2004 GCSE
North Westminster Community School
7 GCSE at grade A-C including Mathematics & English
• Thorough knowledge of UK & IFRS GAAP including knowledge on how to prepare of Financial Statements
Communication skills & Teamwork
• Dealing with queries & improving expectations in order to generate high customer service by liaising with clients, private bankers, brokers, unit trust managers & third party clients
• Multi-tasking with several roles during the day as required during shortage of staff and high volume
Analytical & IT skills
• Reconciling various bank accounts to check if funds have arrived to ensure timely settlement on a daily basis. Experience in forex, making bulk payments & preparing journals to process trades
• Sage Line 50, Fame, DataStream, E-views, Avaloq, Swift, Crest GUI, Oasys Global, CTM, Clearstream, BBH, Star & Biveroni. Proficient user of MS Office including Intermediate Excel (V-lookup, macro & pivot table)
Interests & achievements
• Raised money for charity for various projects.
• Expert in an operation role.
• ACCA finalist.
• Playing boxing, table tennis & snooker, tasting different traditional foods, watching movies & being active
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£12||£14||Not available|
|5 hours||£55||£65||Not available|
|10 hours||£100||£120||Not available|