Before our first lesson I like to have a 15 minute orientation call, this will ensure you're happy with the structure of my tutoring. During our lessons we can work on past papers or you can send me your completed work for review before our lessons. I will also include a brief parental consultation after between lessons.
I am happy to discuss all your tutoring needs and am can tailor the lessons to suit your needs.
I look forward to hearing from you!
I am relatively new to Tutoring however I have tutored family friends in Maths. I have good experience working with young people as a STEM ambassador. The role has seen me work with young people at Science Fairs, the Lego STEM challenge and other events promoting the skills and experiences that a job in these areas has to offer. I am eager to hear from any students looking to work in a STEM field.
As a Mechanical Engineer I also apply advanced Maths and Physics techniques within my everyday job. The challenging and rewarding work has driven me to help develop future engineers.
Queens University Belfast
MSc Advanced Aerospace Engineering (Commendation)
Sept 2014 – Dec 2015
• Modules Include: Aerodynamics, Finite Element Analysis, Sustainable Transport Systems, Digital Manufacturin¬g, Composite Structures
• Project: Finite element simulation of laser welding. Using Abaqus software a thermo-mechanical analysis on dissimilar metal and polymer materials was completed using the sequentially coupled simulation method.
BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering (2.1)
Sept 2010 –July 2014
• Modules include: Engineering Design, Mechanical Design, Dynamics, Strength of Materials, Manufacturing automation and Robotics,
• Project: CDIO Sustainable Transportation Design Challenge, drivetrain design for 4 wheeled, pedal-assisted electric vehicle using Solidworks
Rainey Endowed School
• 3 A’s at A-level in Mathematics, Physics and History
• 10 GCSE’s (1A*, 7A, 1B, 1C) Including Mathematics and English
TECHNICAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Defence Equipment and Support
Feb 2017 – Present
• CAD and structural design of marine equipment
• Obsolescence Management of state of the art NATO Submarine Rescue System (Submersible Vehicle)
• Project Engineer managing installation of equipment on board
Caterpillar NI Ltd.
Aug 2012 – Sept 2013
• Prepared and supported the completion of procedures and technical documentation for the testing of power generation equipment at the state-of-the art Engineering Centre of Excellence test facility
• Liaised with customers and suppliers in procurement and purchasing of new equipment and services
• CAD of high priority components for test critical exhaust extraction system
• Preparation of Safety FMEA’s and conducted OEE evaluations of test facilities
Aug 2008 – Sept 2010
• Completion of Risk assessments and Method Statements for on-site contract work
• Experience in operation of CNC Machinery including Hydraulic Press brake and Mandrel Tube bender
Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
June 2012 – Aug 2012
• Assisted analysis of cooling fractals for offshore wind turbines
• CAD of electrical cabinets for offshore wind turbines
IAESTE NI Local Committee President
Sept 2014 – Sept 2015
• Provided support and advice to IAESTE trainees both leaving and coming to NI for their IAESTE placements, to promote a positive picture of NI to incoming IAESTE trainees through co-ordinating cultural, educational and social events during their time in the country
• International engagement with the wider IAESTE community in promotion of IAESTE NI as a desirable location for work traineeships
• Coordinated employment workshops and presentations for university students
IAESTE NI Local Committee Treasurer
Sept 2013- Sept 2014
• Control and Monitoring of the societies’ yearly 3K budget
• Financial planning and expenditure of Committee numerous events
Dec 2012 – June 2013
• Active promotion of STEM through presentation of STEM and engineering careers to a multiple schools presenting to 100+ pupils and staff
• Mentoring and support of pupils in Lego STEM Design Challenge
SKILLS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• Proficient in use of Solidworks, ProEngineer, Abaqus, Matlab, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Autodesk Inventor
• Awarded Caterpillar, FG Wilson scholarship for first year of my studies
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking physics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£60||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£120||£150|