I approach teaching by thoroughly explaining a concept and then applying it to lots of different areas. This is mainly done through practice questions and past papers. I aim to pinpoint areas that the student finds difficult and spend lots of time consolidating knowledge.
I am in my 2nd year doing Chemical Engineering at the University of Manchester and have experience tutoring younger students both whilst at school (Maths Clinic) and at University (Peer Mentoring). I have lots of experience with these subjects and achieved A grades at A-level in all three. I enjoy helping others to understand concepts that they find difficult as it brings a sense of achievement to both parties.
I would like to teach up to GCSE level. I am more than happy to travel up to 20 mins.
I am a 2nd year Chemical Engineering undergraduate looking for a summer placement or internship to gain more experience in industry and I am excited to challenge myself to use the knowledge I have gained to date in my degree to solve real problems in an industrial/commercial environment. My skills include:
• Good communicator and listener
• Time management and punctuality
• Problem solving and critical thinking (course taken in sixth form)
• Conversational French
• Highly motivated
• Full UK driving licence
University of Manchester – MEng in Chemical Engineering 2016-2020
• Achieving a 2:1 overall.
• Relevant modules include Safety & Reliability Engineering, Chemical Reaction Engineering, and Engineering Computation (includes Excel and basic MATLAB competency).
• First year design project run over 2 weeks required team work and compromise over a prolonged period, and laboratory projects throughout the year have enhanced my practical skills greatly.
• Contributed to & presented at the Sustainability Challenge and was a UCAS Ambassador throughout first year.
St. Helen and St. Katharine’s School – A Levels & GCSEs 2012-2016
• A Levels in Mathematics (A), Chemistry (A), Physics (A), AS Level in French (A).
• 11 GCSEs at A* including Maths, English, French, and Spanish.
• Ran a Maths Clinic throughout Year 13 for years 5-12.
• Achieved numerous Silver awards in both the Senior Maths and Chemistry Challenges from 2014-2016 and Bronze level CREST award in 2013.
PASS Leader – University of Manchester 2017-Present
• Peer Assisted Study Scheme; this role involves supporting first years in settling into university and creating sessions to help them with tutorial problems, coursework, and revision, and debriefing the PASS leadership team weekly.
Marketing Assistant – HollaMe 2017-Present
• Hands-on marketing (leafletting, engaging with the public, taking feedback from users) experience for a student-run start-up app, as well as learning about the intricacies of starting your own business.
Volunteering – Abingdon Health and Wellbeing Centre 2014-2015
• Weekly volunteering with dementia and respite patients including tidying, helping with displays, and keeping the patients company.
Work Experience – Curridge Primary School 2014
• Spending a week in a school allowed me to better understand a professional environment and helped me to develop my people skills.
Hobbies & Interests
Netball – University of Manchester 2016-Present
• Regular member of the Chemical Engineering Netball team.
Horse Riding – West Berks 2010-Present
• Cared for horses at home stables and regularly competed in showjumping, including at both winter and summer National Championships.
• Exercised horses and did manual jobs on a casual basis for neighbours and local stables.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|