I believe that everyone learns through a method that is right for them and that it can be different based on the student. My preferred method of teaching is determining what works best for the student and building on those learning skills to improve.
I am a chemistry graduate who has worked as a tutor for a number of years, including laboratory teaching assistant work. Recently, I was teaching English as a second language to a range of age groups in China for a year.
Proficient chemistry lab assistant with 2 years of expertise in setting up and executing a wide range of experiments. Detail-oriented when following instructions and safety procedures, as well as organizing lab space, cleaning and calibrating equipment, preparing solutions, performing experiments and disposing of hazardous chemicals.
October 2018 - Current
Online ESL English Teacher, BLING ABC
• Adapting to a more dynamic teaching style.
• Correcting grammar and pronunciation of up to 10 students per class, with emphasis on fluency improvement.
• Assigned lessons and marking homework.
October 2017 – November 2018
ESL English Teacher, WORLD EDUCATION
• Responsible for creating new lesson plans based on course objectives.
• Teaching up to 10 students and giving one-on-one focus during class time.
• Improved instruction methods by using a variety of assessment tools and strategies.
• Demonstration classes to potential students.
September 2016 – August 2017
Teaching Assistant, UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA OKANAGAN (CHEMISTRY DEPARTMENT)
• Oversaw classes of 20 students in 1st-year chemistry, presenting chemical concepts in simplified and understandable ways.
• Responsible for the safety, basic laboratory practices and evaluation of students.
• Mentored students through office hours and one-on-one communication.
• Checked assignments, proctored tests, and provided grades according to university standards.
July 2015 – July 2016
Math Content Generator, EDUCATION PERFECT – DUNEDIN, NEW ZEALAND
• Generating year 7-10 Australian math content online using Education Perfect software.
• Coding relevant questions and appropriate answer possibilities for various math concepts.
• Consulting with supervisors and editors to make improvements as well as monitor work output.
January 2015 – May 2015
Work Study Student, University of British Columbia Okanagan (Dr. Mina Hoorfar)
• Review paper on biosensors for chemical/biological weapons.
• Lab work with specific assays and analytical instruments.
• Restocked supplies and chemical reagents in a neat and easily-accessible fashion.
December 2012 – July 2017
Gymnastics coach, VARIOUS GYMNASTICS CLUBS IN MULTIPLE COUNTRIES (DGA– NEW ZEALAND, OGC & NVGC – CANADA)
• Coaching groups of up to 10, ages 3 to 15, in both recreational and competitive gymnastics skills.
• Evaluating potential athletes for advancement and competitive stream.
• Set up and organization of equipment and maintaining functionality.
• Supervising Drop-in classes and introducing all-level beginners to basic movements.
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA OKANAGAN
• Held the Highland Valley Copper Class 2 Award between 2012-2017.
• Member of the Chemistry Course Union and Women in Science & Engineering group.
• Coursework focus in chemistry, math and biochemistry.
• Directed Studies Project (DR. ISAAC LI)
o Completed a year-long research project in biophysical chemistry (thesis: Effects of glucose shocks on neutrophil rolling).
o Growing of cell line cultures and differentiation to neutrophil
o Following laboratory safety protocols in an unsupervised laboratory.
o Collaborating with Health and Science Faculty.
June 2015 – June 2016
Go Global Academic Exchange (Marine Biology), UNIVERSITY OF OTAGO, NEW ZEALAND
High School Diploma, VERNON SECONDARY SCHOOL
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher, Outlook)
• Laboratory familiarity
• Project management training and experience
• Detail oriented & hard working
• Analytical and critical thinking
• Level 2 Certified Artistic Gymnastics Coach
• TESOL (TEFL) Certified Teacher
• Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
• Basic biosafety certification
• Class 5 driver’s license
trigonometry lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest geometry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, other sciences lessons for all!
Taking biochemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£11||£11|