My experience in debating for 8 years has greatly influenced the way I learn, and hence the way I teach. The easiest way for a person to understand a topic and to remember it for a longer period is via good examples. For instance, when I am teaching Economics, I will always try my best to link a certain concept to the current affairs around the world, which, in my opinion, is a good way for the students to see how the concept can be applied in a real situation. After having a clear understanding of the concept, everything ranges from the complex formula, logic behind any market's reaction will fall in place.
I did my A-Levels back in my hometown (Malaysia) and scored 3A* 1A. I am awarded a scholarship from the Central Bank of Malaysia to continue my studies in the UK. I would say I enjoy teaching a lot and it is my second passion after traveling! I had given 48 private classes during my first year in London, and I also took up a job as a substitute teacher for 6 months in Malaysia.
1. University College London (UCL), September 2018 - Present
• BSc Economics
• Grade: Predicted First Class (First Year Grade: 67)
2. Kolej Tuanku Ja’afar (KTJ), Malaysia, June 2016 – June 2018
• GCE A-Levels
• Grades: Economics (A*), Physics (A*), Maths (A*), Further Maths (A)
• Award: AS Excellence Award, UNSW Global Mathematics Principal’s Award
3. Alor Akar High School, Malaysia, January 2011 – September 2015
• SPM Malaysia (GCSE equivalent)
• Grade: 11 A+
• Award: Overall Academic Excellence Award
WORK & INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE
1. Amplify Trading, London, August 2019 – September 2019
• Summer Intern
• Actively traded using Global Macro Asset Class strategies
• Generated a 16.7% return in the hedge fund simulation trading
2. Central Bank of Malaysia, July 2019 – August 2019
• Summer Intern, International Department
• Scrutinized the possible implications of China’s new conditionality framework on Chiang Mai Initiative Multilateralization (CMIM)
• Contributed to three new arguments in favor of Malaysia’s stance against the framework by analyzing the portfolio investment liabilities coverage ratio, timeliness and default rates.
3. State Assemblyman’s Office, Malaysia, June 2017 – August 2017
• Summer Intern, People’s Justice Party
• Appraised government development projects and spent two months in the rural area to ascertain the actual cause of poverty
• Helped to devise a more effective government aid scheme that could reduce 15% of the administrative costs once implemented
LEADERSHIP & COMMERCIAL EXPERIENCE
1. Generation Corporate (GC), London, September 2019 – Present
• Co-Director, International Initiatives Office
• Liaised with sponsors and partners
• Organized summer flagship events in the UK
• Spearheaded and oversaw the expansion of GC to Malaysia this summer
2. Kong Min Chinese Primary School, Malaysia, June 2018 – June 2018
• Substitute Teacher
• Taught Year 8 and 9 Mathematics, Science and Mandarin
• Awarded twice the “Best Teacher of the Month” in just three months
3. Pahang State Mandarin Debate Team, Malaysia, June 2014 – June 2018
• Coach & President
• Led and raised a team from unranked to top ten placing in Malaysia
• Pioneered the first-ever state-level debate competition, which has now become an annual event
• Central Bank of Malaysia Scholarship
• Best Speaker in Asia Award from Ji Nan University Debate Open
• Overall Best Speaker in HELP University Asia Debate Open
SKILLS, ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
Languages: English (Fluent), Mandarin (Native), Malay (Fluent), Cantonese (Proficient)
Certifications: Advanced Level 6 Diploma in Trading & Financial Market Analysis
Activities: Volunteer of Poplar HARCA, an active member of UCL Badminton Squad
Interests: Badminton, Travelling and Teaching
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest trigonometry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£25|
|5 hours||Not available||£120||£125|
|10 hours||Not available||£200||£250|