My teaching method is to clarify and break down what the topics and contents of the subject are so that the student understands clearly what he/she is supposed to learn. I want to make learning fun and something that students can look forward to because only then can a student truly excel in his/her studies. If it is mundane work for him/her then he/she will be studying because s/he has to not because s/he wants to.
I have a degree in Economics and Mathematics and am currently doing a masters in law. I enjoy studying and teaching Mathematics and would love to help out anyone who is struggling. Mathematics is about practice and the more a student practices the better s/he is.
Umair Nabi- Curriculum vitae
University of Law (Graduate Diploma in Law) 2017-2018 (Current)
Modules: Criminal Law, Public Law, Ethics and Professional Legal Practice, EU law, Contract Law, Land Law, Equity and Trusts, Tort Law and Law of Organisations
University of Bristol (BSc Economics and Mathematics) 2014-2017
Final Classifications (2:2)
A-Level Mathematics [A*] Economics [A*] English General [A] Sociology [B]
O-Level (2 A* s, 4 A s, 2 B s, 1 C) including English Language (A) and Mathematics (A*)
Mini Pupil at Park Square Barristers for a period of 1 week
Legal Intern (Corporate & Commercial) at SSP Group Plc for a period of 1 week
Legal Intern at Farani Taylor Solicitors for a period of 1 week
Brand Ambassador for MMedia Group Ltd for a period of 11 months
Intern at Habibsons Bank Limited for a period of 3 weeks
Intern (marketing department of lubricants) at Pakistan State Oil for a period of 6 weeks
Intern (finance and marketing department of oil) at Chevron, Karachi for a period of 6 weeks
Intern (head of operations department) at BankIslami Pakistan Ltd for a period of 4 weeks
- IT skills- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, presentation and poster designing (Prezi and postermywall.com).
- Fluency in English, Urdu, Hindi and Sindhi
- Qualified first aider and an expert masseur.
- Professional tennis player.
- Started a new platform called ‘Aspiring Barristers’ with a couple of friends to help prospective Barristers. (2017-2018)
- Best Islamic Society President of 2017 awarded by the regional Islamic Society committee (UK).
- Raised nearly £8,000 during Charity Week, winning the inter-varsity Charity Week shield (2017).
- Encouraged and inspired prospective University of Bristol students as an open day steward. (2017)
- Quadrupled society membership as the Social Secretary of Bristol University Pakistan Society (2015-2016)
- Provincial level tennis player in Pakistan.
- Secured sponsorships worth £500 & £200 from notable brands (Red Bull and Mint Room) for local events at University.
- The Qamar Bano Hussain Award for good conduct (The Lyceum School, Karachi, 2014).
- Served as a student patron of the Honours Society and supervised a team of 50 student tutors who aimed at tutoring 1000 students in their relevant A-level subjects. (2013-2014)
- Head boy at my O-Level school. (2009-2012)
- Captain of my team at NBP Cricket Academy where our team participated in a tournament and won the trophy. (2010-2011)
- Passionate about Economics and Mathematics, enjoy reading economics-related books, news and very cautious about health.
- Engaging with companies and chambers to learn the work and get more practical experience.
- Wanting to do my best to help people.
- Member of the Pakistan Tennis Federation and British Lawn Tennis Association through which I compete in regional tournaments.
References: Available on request
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£12||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£10||£150|