I teach with patience and try to find out what is the best teaching method for each individual student. First, I try to find ut in whar areas the student is having problems in order to have a better sense of which teaching approach is more suitable.
I am an economist with a math minor that is currently doing a master's degree at the London School of Economics (LSE). I have been trusted for several years as a tutor in math courses that range from primary school to college level.
London School of Economics | MSc Local Economic Development Sept 2019- Sept 2020
• Establishes the analytical skills required to connect local and regional needs to foster institutions as developmental agents.
• Highlights the ways in which governments, regional and/or national, as well as local economic actors may influence mobilization, management, and coordination with private economic actors in order to spur economic activity.
• Teaches techniques for network building, fostering investment, project development, and local capacity.
• Emphasis is given to the rational of local and regional policies for development and the importance of the institutions.
• Modules complement each other giving the right tools to create effective developmental policies that aim to increase economic activities and resolve problems in topics such as: network building, capacity building, human resources.
Mercyhurst University | B.A. Business Economics with Mathematical Economics minor Jan 2015- May 2018
• Graduated with Honors and Summa Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.94/4.0
• Program comprehended a solid groundwork in economic fundamentals (macroeconomic and microeconomic indexes), training and understanding of functional areas such as: finance, accounting, marketing, and management.
• Relevant modules: International Economics, Managerial Economics, Economics of Poverty.
• The mathematical economics minor offered the opportunity for economic data analysis and future econometrics work. It included classes ranging from Calculus I, II & III, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations to a module in programming using Python language.
• Policy & Strategy Plan: Analysis on Henkel A&G Company (Capstone Course)
Developed a Policy and Strategic Plan for Henkel A&G after careful research and analysis of the company’s Financial/Accounting, Management and Marketing segments as well as its industry and main competitors.
• Achieved the only A+ (Distinction) grade in the Capstone Course class.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Central Bank of Honduras, Economist Assistant | Honduras Sept 2018–Sept. 2019
• Implemented and tested new worksheets for the calculation of annual economic activities for the new “2016=100 Base Year” implementation.
• Calculation and analysis of high and low frequency economic indicators:
-Monthly Index of Economic Activity (IMAE)
-Quarterly National Accounts (CNT)
- Annual National Accounts (CNA)
• Analyzed tables with monthly, inter-annual and cumulative variations to study economic trends and cycles in national accounts.
• Technical collaboration in the "WORLD LA-KLEMS Project: Productivity and economic growth in Latin America” by the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB).
• Extracurricular: Budgeted the department’s activities and was actively involved in organizing volunteering action plans.
Central American Bank for Economic Integration, Evaluation’s Office intern |Honduras May-Aug 2017
• Collaborated in the creation and analysis of Mid-term and Ex-post Evaluation Reports that thoroughly assessed the bank's environmental and social-economic projects and their impact.
• Analyzed and collaborated in the creation of the Macro-economic report for the year’s first semester.
• Elaboration of country’s statistics sheets for the Bank's partner countries.
• Calculated the Central American Bank for Economic Integration (CABEI) Index of Impact on Development in mid-term and ex-post projects of the bank.
• Elaborated the Office’s official magazine that highlighted the significant role of an Evaluation Office at an international institution.
Economics Research Assistant and Economics Tutor | PA, USA Sept. 2016- May 2018
Walker College of Business, Mercyhurst University
• Merit Scholarship by HONDUFUTURO for Graduate Studies 2019-2020
• Full Scholarship by the Central Bank of Honduras for Academic Excellence 2015-2018
• Graduated as Summa Cum Laude (GPA: 3.94/4.0) 2018
• Business Economics Major Award for Excellence 2018
• Ranked 92nd percentile on the National Major Field Test 2017
• Part of the Dean’s List Awards 2015-2018
• Salutatorian of Class 2014 (HS) 2014
Vice-President of Mercyhurst’s Business Club 2016-2018
• Managed and Co-ordinated business club activities such as: Conferences, Field Trips,
on-campus networking events and workshops.
Leadership Development Program (LDP) 2016-2018
• The LDP was a multi-level program whose objective was to spur student’s leadership potentials
through conferences, workshops, training sessions, live speakers, and a variety of leadership activities.
• Developed specific leadership skills, interests, and styles according to each leader’s personality.
Class President and Class Vice-President 2012-2014
• Represented the class’ voice and opinions and acted as a role model for other students.
• Worked towards possible solutions when disagreements arised.
• Communicated possible solutions, suggestions, and opinions with supervisors.
NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETIES
• Phi Eta Sigma
• Delta Mu Delta
• Service Honor Societies
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and basic Python Language.
Spanish: Native Language
English: Fluent / Professional
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£10||Not available||£10|