Throughout my time at university, I came to understand that I retained the subject matter more efficiently when my lecturers took in to consideration the needs of their students. They encouraged my classmates and me to ask questions. This is how we learn. I would like my students to do the same. Ask as many questions as you like.
I graduated with a master's degree in aerospace engineering in 2016 and I have worked in industry since then. I tutored occasionally throughout my time at university and I enjoyed it very much. I would like to continue this with some great new students.
Graduate of Queen’s University, Belfast and achieved a master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering (MEng). Gained position of manufacturing engineer and assistant manager through previous employment and for two years leading up to May 2016 acted as a tutor of Mathematics and English for young adults. In my spare time, I write for a film review website and I have also completed an original TV pilot screenplay.
Sept 2012 – June 2016, Queen’s University, Belfast: MEng Aerospace Engineering
• Successful completion of all assignments and group projects cemented my ability to meld well within a team
• Held the position of team captain twice in order to develop my ability to lead and more importantly, set an example of leadership.
• During my third year of study, my team and I designed (using Solidworks software) and constructed a small aircraft containing over 100 parts while adhering to several design constraints, carrying out trade studies and compiling a Bill of Materials.
• A high competency in the use of Microsoft Office and obtained passing grades in Matlab, VBA, CFD software, “Ansys”, the 3D CAD Design software, “Solidworks” and finite element software, “Abaqus”.
• During my fourth and final year, I worked on an individual project, which determined the benefits of using Virtual Reality to complete an aerospace assembly task. This project required the management and organisation of ten volunteers to take part in an experiment using a Virtual Reality headset. Python coding script was used to develop a virtual environment in which these volunteers could ‘enter’ and learn a task. Results from this project were used as part of a presentation at the 33rd International Manufacturing Conference at Limerick University, Ireland and this presentation achieved first place.
• Achieved a passing grade in the ‘Employability Program’ and two Professional studies modules. These modules described in detail how the finances and accounting of a company are managed.
Sept 2011 – June 2012, Belfast Metropolitan College: Access Certificate in Foundation Studies: Mathematics and Engineering
Sept 2007 – June 2009 Queen’s University, Belfast: BEng Physics with Astrophysics
• This was my introduction to the world of Quantum Mechanics and the behaviour and interactions of celestial bodies and thermodynamics. Through much deliberation, I moved away from the field of Physics to pursue a career in the Aerospace industry.
Sept 1999 – June 2006, Rathmore Grammar School, Belfast, N. Ireland
• 3 A-levels (Mathematics, Physics and Biology) and 11 GCSEs (including additional mathematics, English language and literature and double award science)
October 2017 – Present, Trespass: Supervisor
January 2017 – September 2017, TerumoBCT: Manufacturing Engineer
• Oversaw the running of 5 assembly lines, ensuring they run smoothly and efficiently with the use of lean manufacturing techniques.
• Ensured that all activities within the assembly department adhered to the current Good Manufacturing Practices and up to date standard operating procedures.
• Maintained a high level of communication with all departments within the company to identify and resolve quality issues while working in a busy office environment.
May 2013 – Sept 2013, June 2014 – Sept 2014, June 2015 – Sept 2015 and June 2016 – Sept 2016, Bartlett’s Ocean View Farm, Nantucket, USA: Retail Supervisor (Morning Shift) and Barman/Waiter (Evening Shift)
• Opening and closing the shop and verifying cash registers.
• Set examples in the work place by delegating tasks to six members of staff.
• Maintained an excellent rapport with all customers, showing patience, humility and providing exceptional customer service.
• Regular communication with my managers to maximise the store’s efficiency.
• Served dinner parties of over 100 guests. Involved with the set-up of tables and cleaning up after the shift finished. Communicated with kitchen to make sure customers were served.
• As barman, served drinks and maintained a high level of cleanliness around bar area.
July 2009 – April 2013, Eason and Son Booksellers: Assistant Manager and Sales Assistant
• Along with other colleagues, I was the ‘face’ of Eason. Customer relations and service were of high standard and were always maintained.
• These four years led me through all the departments Eason has to offer. My knowledge and understanding of each department was excellent and I achieved this through determination and diligence.
• Held the position of assistant manager within a single department for eighteen months. This included using and maintaining photocopiers, a daily use of Photoshop, raising invoices and the running of the department in the Manager’s absence.
Michael is a supportive and encouraging tutor. I always felt comfortable asking lots of questions and would definitely recommend him to anyone needing help with maths.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking physics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|