Each topic is approached differently and adjusted to your specific needs. In general, I start by introducing the subject in an attempt to depict its utility. Afterward follows a review of the theory step-by-step with logic coherence - here is where most of the questions will come up. Continuing, I proceed with getting our hands on some exercises. Last but not least, homework will include a couple of basic and a couple of more advanced exercises.
I am an engineering student eager to help you understand and love the subjects I can tutor you in! After tutoring for 3 years, I can help you simplify and genuinely understand the material while simultaneously teaching you ways of getting rid of the stress. Together we will have a great time while getting you into university!
Fees are amendable for groups.
EDUCATION / ACADEMIC
Nea Genia Ziridi School (09/2003 – 06/2014)
Christoupoli, Spata, Greece, 190 04
Moraitis School (09/2014 – 06/2018)
Papanastasiou & AG Dimitriou, Paleo Psychico, Athens, Greece, 154 52
Rank: 3rd (Class size:78) High School Diploma Grade: 19.5/20
University of Bristol (09/2018 – Present)
BEng in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
SENIOR YEAR COURSES
Accelerated (Stream Courses):
Mathematics: Full Year
Physics: Full Year
Chemistry: Full Year
Biology: Full Year
Applications Devel. In Program. Environment: Full Year
Modern Greek: Full Year
Modern Greek Literature: Full Year
History: Full Year
Mathematics & Statistics: Full Year
Biology: Full Year
History of Social Sciences: Full Year
English: Full Year
Physical Education: Full Year
Linear Design (Elective): Full Year
- ACT with essay: 32/36
English: 35, Mathematics: 35, Reading: 31, Science: 28, Writing: 9/12 (STEM: 32 ELA: 31)
- SAT Subjects: Mathematics Level 2: 800/800, Physics: 800/800
- TOEFL iBT: Total:111/120
Reading: 28, Listening: 30, Speaking: 28, Writing: 25
HONORS, AWARDS & SPECIAL RECOGNITION
- Academic Excellence Tuition Award by a third-party sponsorship (12th grade)
- Academic Excellence Scholarship by the School Board (7th and 8th grade)
- Academic Excellence Award by the Ministry of Education: (all school years besides 9th grade)
- Academic Excellence Award by the School Board (all school years besides 9th grade)
- Honorary Distinction by the School Board for contribution to the Annual School Fair (11th and 12th grade)
EMPLOYMENT / CAREER ORIENTED
- August 2017 (one week): Internship at INTRASOFT International S.A.
Worked at the Software Testing I.T. Department on testing software codes and upgraded an international commercial transactions app with computer engineers as I enhanced my knowledge in coding.
- April 2016: Attended “UNIque Days” Seminar by the National Technical University of Athens
Participated in interactive seminar where I conducted experiments with engineering students.
VOLUNTEER & COMMUNITY OUTREACH
- 2016-1017: Volunteer at the PROLEPSIS Institute
Helped in the DIATROFI program on Food Aid and Promotion of Healthy Nutrition to schoolchildren
- 2017: Youth Recreation Center Proposal
Self initiated project to help schoolchildren pass their afterschool time productively and safely: worked on turning an abandoned building into a center, and encouraged the city council to implement it.
(written report: (concealed information)
Video proposal: (concealed information)
OTHER EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- 2015-2018: Drama Club (profits donated to charity)
o Co-wrote and starred in play: “In her mind” (2015-2016)
o Starred in play: “Midsummer Night’s Dream” (2016-2017)
o Production Support in school Christmas play (2017-2018)
- 2017: Free Cookie Stand in Athens
Built a free cookie stand downtown Athens with the motto “Give a smile, grab a cookie” to inspire passerby with its message on giving
- 2017: Literature, Writing
Published online short story called “The Piggies” ((concealed information)
- 2016: CERN’S Beamline For School Competition
Were given lectures on experimental particle physics and designed an experiment for the T9 accelerator. Tutoring on younger classmates was part of the process.
- 2011-2017: National Mathematics Competitions
- 2017-Present: Founder of (concealed information)
Designed and built a music website that sends a daily song to its subscribers in order to inspire them
- 2017: Erasmus+ for Schools
Hosted an Italian boy, immersed him in the Greek culture through visits to sites, and he reciprocated by offering me his hospitality
- 2016-Present: TEDx Caption Translator
Officially translated Tedx videos in Greek through the Amara website.
- Languages: Greek (Native), English (Fluent – CPE), French (Very Good – Sorbonne C1)
- IT skills: Basic knowledge on Bluehost, can deftly use Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Music: Piano
Reading, cooking, filming, photography, bike rides, scuba diving
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|