I am willing to teach students of all ages. I've previously taught children with learning disabilities and aided in their basic reading, articulation and comprehension skills. I've voluntarily mentored young adults studying for their 11+ exams and have also helped students with GCSE's and A Levels. I believe learning is very individual, each student has different needs and different learning mechanisms that allow them to progress and develop in any given subject which is why tutoring can be so beneficial. I also understand through experience that given curriculums can be vital to passing exams and that the exam spec. is constantly changing.
I am an English Literature graduate from Queen Mary's University of London. I have previously taught classes of 15+ students and have been involved in one to one voluntary teaching for over 3 years. I myself have during the course of my academic progression completed 11+, GCSE and A Level exams and fully understand the requirements and skilled needed to excel.
I am a driven, enthusiastic and capable graduate student seeking demanding full time work to utilise the analytical, linguistic and organisational skills developed throughout my undergraduate degree. I have consistently established myself as a capable, committed and persistent individual and possess strong administrative and communicative skills along with the ability to work productively both independently and with others. I believe that my meticulous written and verbal abilities alongside my essay based degree has prepared me for work in a dynamic and creative space.
September/2015 – July/2018 BA Hons/English Literature/ 2:1
Queen Mary’s: University of London
• Reading, Theory and Interpretation:
• Revolutions: Turbulent times in the Middle East:
• Text, Art and Performance in London:
• Postcolonial and Global Literature:
• Writing Now: Contemporarily Published:
• Time, Narrative and Culture
• Poetry; Romantic and Modern
• Greek Mythology to Christian Literature
• Political Controversy: French Revolution and Political Contexts
• Medieval Literature: Texts and Contexts from 8th-16th century
• Victorian Fiction and Early Film
• Literature and Psychology
• Queer Texts
Dissertation/ The Dark Age of Neo-Noir: A study of contemporary Middle Eastern Noir Fiction
• Noir is generally associated with classical film noir, produced and debuted in America existing in a “closed” cycle of films from the 1940s to the 1960s. My dissertation carefully considered the definitions surrounding noir and evaluates how Middle Eastern narratives engage intimately in noir narratives and participate in it’s inherent conventions on a fundamental level, rather than simply supplying a location or a backdrop for these narratives to operate within.
August/2016 – January 2017 Semester of BA Course at The University of Miami, FL
September/2013 – June/2015 at Holland Park Sixth Form
A Level/English Literature, History, Geography and Persian
• English Literature: A
• Persian: A
• History: B
• Geography: B
September/2008 – July/2013 at Holland Park Secondary School
GCSE/ 10 A*-C including English, Mathematics, Science and Spanish
Planning and Organisation: Through my undergraduate experience and various jobs I am able to manage my time organise events efficiently. I have organised and assisted in preparing numerous functions and fundraisers and peaceful protests and managed them productively.
Proficient in Writing and Editing: I have just completed a BA Hons in English Literature and possess meticulous reading, writing and comprehension skills. Throughout my degree I have developed formatting, presentational and publishing skills.
Teamwork and Communication: Through my volleyball commitments (as both captain and secretary) I am capable of handling team/group situations. I am also a confident and competent speaker. Through participating in seminars and discussing and debating both at university and otherwise I am able to communicate clearly and concisely. My involvement in debating societies at university has also exercised my persuading and negotiating skills. My communicative skills have also been developed through my participation in theatre productions and showcases in which I have demonstrated confidence and poise.
• Age UK: I participated in voluntary aid towards the elderly in my community on a bi-weekly basis. Teaching them computer skills, catering meals and accompanying them on library sessions.
• Duke of Edinburgh: Bronze and Silver Level:
• Within the Duke of Edinburgh programme me and five other team members navigated ourselves through various rural locations on camping excursions. This qualification also requires voluntary work which I completed through working at Islington’s Autistic Play-centre on weekends.
• Performed at the Royal Albert Hall and Saddlers Wells and SOAS: Through extracurricular activities during my secondary education I was granted the chance to perform in choir in the Royal Albert Hall on two separate occasions.
• Additionally through a separate organisation a group of 20 musicians and I performed at Saddlers Wells in 2014. Through this organisation I also participated in Nourouz performances on numerous occasions at SOAS.
• English/ History/ Geography Tutoring: Throughout my sixth form years I also participated in mentoring and tutoring a number of students after school in preparation for GCSE and end of year exams.
• Volleyball Captain: I was my YA teams Volleyball Captain for 3 years, ensuring team involvement and objective discretion.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking 11+ school exam preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£80||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£175||£150|