I take a very structured approach in my teaching. I have access to a huge raneg of resource materials that help children to practice and succeed. I provide regular homework t ensure that Children get practice. I take a calm approach and encourage children to ask questions and ensure that they understand the topics.
Experienced tutor in teaching Maths, English, IT and science subjects both in groups and 1 to 1. I can cater your needs based on my structured approach in teaching and helping you to get excellent grades. I have a proven track record of supporting children up to A levels.
I am a Chartered Engineer with over 16 years of experience in Manufacturing capability development, NPI, Product and Project Planning, Process improvement background (Rolls-Royce Green Belt Accredited). A well organised, quick learner and energetic individual with excellent analytical, and communication skills with a comprehensive and strategic understanding of Manufacturing of Aero Engine and Transportation (Railway) components. Extensive experience of managing change control of critical Aero Engine components, business issues and organisational change. Enjoys problem solving and learning new skills. An effective and supportive team player able to use own initiative when required. Take’s pride in achieving high quality standards.
• Planning – Product to project planning (Scheduling and Resource planning) using Primavera P6 toolset. Skilled in professional software/tools including Primavera P6, MS Office.
• Improvement lead – Leading lean improvements projects across Capability Acquisition process and Operational tasks.
Record delivery of efficiency savings significantly exceeding BPD targets.
• Program management – Effective project management to cost, quality and lead time requirements. APMP qualified. MAPM.
• Operations management – Management of Funding, Load and capacity and people development (PDR, Recruitment)
• Supply chain development – Benchmarking capability in external supply chain and delivering capability development projects
• Team building (Leadership) – Plans own work and influences team activities to achieve company or department objectives
• Technical expertise – Manufacturing of Critical and Sensitive components e.g. Turbine blades, NGV’s, Shafts, Fan Blades
• Managing change – Flexible and adaptable to changing work situations; learns quickly and keen to adopt new skills
• Communication skills – Communicate clearly and effectively across all levels within the organisation
Bombardier Transportation – Planning July 2017 to present
Role: Head of Product Engine Planners
• Leading the global team of 28 Product development planners based across USA, Canada, UK, Europe and India. Resource management including personal development for the entire team.
• Responsible for effective deployment and sustainment of planning standards across the entire Product development through to project execution phase.
• Team currently managing 9 Product families e.g. from intercity commuter trains to High Speed trains.
• Currently managing in excess of 80 projects and opportunities (bids) and Research and development with estimated value over $10 Bn CAD.
Rolls-Royce Plc (UK) – Engineering and Technology May 2016 to July 2017
Role: Programme Manager (Strategic Resource Management)
• Providing overall functional programme management accountability for the Global Strategic Workforce Planning
programme (Engineering and other functions).
• Driving the resourcing, cost, risk and delivery management of all programme major and minor milestones to a high
level of adherence across all work streams; including integration with line areas.
• Subject matter expert for PM and holding responsibility for leading the PM processes within the transformation team
and driving process standardisation across all sectors (CLE, CSME, Defence, RR Corp, Nuclear, Marine, Supply Chain).
• Providing leadership to motivate and ensure the successful performance of the workstream and business teams.
• Supporting the stakeholder engagement activity to maintain programme visibility at all levels within the company.
Rolls-Royce Plc (UK) - Structures and Transmissions business unit Oct 2013 to May 2016
Role: Technical Program Manager (Manufacturing Capability Acquisition)
• Directly reporting to the Chief of Capability Acquisition, I was responsible for development and exploitation of manufacturing techniques required for the structural and transmission products across the External supply chain network.
• Worked with AMRC, MTC and key external global supply chain partners in developing manufacturing capability in Casting, Composites, Additive Layer Manufacturing and Machining.
• Leading the operations management aspect of the role including management of load and capacity, funding requirements (current value of projects exceeding £10M (for Capability Acquisition team and Manufacturing Engineering Commodity Leadership team). Point of contact for the Chief of CA and operations for all the CA external Supply chain projects.
• Key interface between the Engine projects, Business unit and external supply chain. I utilised my technical and project management experience in managing delivery of capability development projects, funding of existing and future projects and managed resources (including recruitment) to meet the Business and project requirements.
Rolls-Royce Plc (UK) - Aero Repair and Overhaul (MRO) April’12 to Oct 2013
Role: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
• Directly reporting to the Head of Engineering, I supported the Rolls-Royce repair and overhaul facility by managing entire Manufacturing Engineering team of 18 people.
• Provided technical leadership to manage Civil and Defence Aircraft Engine Inductions, Engine and module Strip, Build and Test processes. Provided technical governance by authorising delivery of Technical instructions, non-conformance resolution (approved 7 step investigations) and authorised change control (FAIR’s, FPA and Engine Manual Changes).
• Developed and sustained the professional standards for the Manufacturing Engineering team by coaching, mentoring and supporting individual development reviews and career progression.
Rolls-Royce Plc (UK) – Rotatives business unit Mar’09 to Mar’12
Roles: Team Leader (Continuous Improvement and New Product Introduction)
• Utilised my team leadership skills and lead team size of 12 Manufacturing Engineers.
• Utilised my NPI knowledge and developed and shared standardised NPI landscape across the Business. This helped in training team members and provided visibility of NPI tasks from Design definition to delivery of defect free products.
• Using my process improvement skills I delivered a 40% lead-time reduction for shafts via Rapid Prototype models.
• Demonstrated effective communication at all levels within and outside the Business unit. Successfully secured buy in for Manufacturing Launch plans across all the New Product Introductions. Managed introduction of over 80 NPI products (shafts) from 2009 to 2011 across 5 Civil and Defence engine projects.
• Influenced design decisions by utilising my manufacturing processes and measurement capability awareness. Delivered a 5% unit cost of a Stub Shaft by 5% benefit on a NPI.
• Utilised my interviewing and commercial skills in recruiting sub-contract resources (both local and offshore) to deliver the work load within the available budget. This included low cost resource sourcing which helped me meet cost challenge.
• Utilised my methodical and structured approach in managing team budget. Defined, managed & communicated KPI’s.
Rolls-Royce Plc (UK) – Civil Aerospace Aug’07 to Mar’09
Role: Advanced Technologist
• Worked as an Advanced Technologist and performed the role of an Analyst in assessing the Life cycle cost of key components for the New Engine projects (Airbus and Boeing aircraft engines).
• Provided recommendations to the Integrated Project Teams (IPT’s) for different Design options by creating Life Cycle cost models (with inputs from Service Engineering, Safety and Reliability, Repair Engineering teams) for a number of key components. Influenced Design decisions on Fan Blades, Turbine NGV’s, Annulus fillers. Successful in reducing the Unit cost, in service and Overhaul maintenance burden for our new civil engine.
• Acted as a specialist and recognised point of contact for assessing component life cycle costs. Identified and mitigated in-service operational cost burden risks for a number of key components (across the Gas Turbine Engine) by providing service knowledge to Design for Services community for New Engine project (XWB).
Rolls-Royce Plc (UK) – Turbine Systems Business Unit Mar’05 to Aug’07
Role: Manufacturing Engineer
• Worked as a Manufacturing Engineer for the Helicopter Turbine blades manufacturing cell.
• Delivered 2 improvement projects for the Manufacturing Plant. Projects delivered significant reduction in scrap rates and improved lead time on LPT Blade. Projects nominated for Turbine Systems Managing Director’s Quality award Jul’06.
• Wide exposure to Design and Manufacture of Turbine blades involving Marine, Defence and civil application.
• Product Quality awareness and control through First/Last Article Inspection Requirement (FAIR/LAIR) on Helicopter Blades (HP and IP) and IP and LP Turbine Blades on Marine Engines.
• Managed EDM process transfer from old to new factory. This supporting the factory transfer.
• Support internal and external Quality audits for the Helicopter blades manufacturing cell.
• Prime point of contact with suppliers (e.g. Coating specialists) and provided Technical leadership in non-conformance management (e.g. Design Alternation Requests, scrap reduction).
• Demonstrated leadership and Project management skills through Process champion role, Helicopter Cell Engineer role, and Integrated Project Team (IPT) leadership for acquisition of Engraving capability. Acquired improved capability for Dot peen and 2D Matrix engraving across 2 Turbine systems manufacturing facilities.
Rolls-Royce Plc (UK) Sep’03 to Mar’05
Role: Graduate Training (Operations)
• Wide exposure to Compressor, Combustion, and Turbine Supply Chain Units. Worked as a Graduate Trainee at numerous manufacturing and design facilities within Rolls-Royce Plc e.g. Precision Casting Facility (Turbine Systems - Derby), Compressor and thermal systems (Derby), Factory transformation projects and Combustion systems (Hucknall).
• Won ‘Midland regional award’ for successful completion of TP400 negative-g Design and Make project in Dec’ 2004.
• Won Rolls-Royce ‘Chairman’s award’ for innovative design solution (involving 2 Patents) for ‘Design and make project’ in June’05. Project aimed at delivering a solution to avoid oil starvation in bearings during –ve g flight operation.
July 2004 • MSc (Full Time) in Manufacturing Systems Engineering with First Division from Warwick Manufacturing
Group at University of Warwick, (U.K)
Project: Investigation & analysis of manufacturing tool & technique in manufacturing process & materials selection for SME.
May 2002 • Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering with First division from Nagpur University, India.
Project: Operations management in industries: Case study at Apollo Tyres Ltd. (India).
1. Communication and team work:
• Effectively managed resource and projects with Technical teams based both within and outside UK (RROIPL, Bangalore).
• Team leader for 2 successful Green belt projects completed within 2 Rolls-Royce Turbine systems manufacturing facilities. Achieved process capability, reduced manufacturing costs and non-conformance. Project recognised at Turbine System Managing Director Quality award. Achieved savings exceeding £50K.
• Effective team working demonstrated by organising social events e.g. ‘Physics at work’, at University of Cambridge to educate young children on application of Physics in everyday life.
• Technical reports submitted on various projects worked during industrial trainings, Graduate training scheme, and ME role. Maximum credit points awarded for project dissertation in May 2002. Technical reports added in Compression systems library in 2004.
2. Commercial awareness:
• Multinational exposure to Design, Manufacturing, Programme management and Logistics side of organisation during industrial placements, Graduate training programme and Permanent role at Rolls-Royce plc. Successfully completed Customer and cultural awareness course organised at Airbus (Toulouse, France).
• Successful completion of cost reduction program in India’s largest tyre manufacturing organisation (Apollo Tyres Ltd.). Worked as part of team and achieved annual savings of more than £10K.
3. IT Skills:
• Over 15 years of use of Microsoft package (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and MS project), SAP. Effective utilisation in projects, seminars, and reports.
• Over 5 years’ experience in use of Primavera P6 for planning.
• Hands on experience on simulation packages including Witness (Factory simulation).
Achievements and academic interests:
• Chartered Engineer and Member of IMechE (Membership Number (concealed information)).
• APMP qualified and Member of Association for Project Management (APM).
• An active team player in basketball and cricket at university level. Team player in Rolls-Royce Cricket club.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|