Hi! I am a young and enthusiastic tutor with a masters degree in Physics. As well as interests in physics and other sciences I have keen interests in music and the arts. My teaching Style is responsive, with time normally set aside each session for ad-hoc coverage of topics students are struggling with alongside more structured activities. As a recent graduate, I have relatively recent experience of all the qualifications I teach, and feel this helps to relate to students and help them reach for an understanding of the subject suitable to their level, but with the opportunity to reach to more advanced concepts if the student is capable and shows interest.
So far, my tutoring experience has been limited, but has involved working with struggling students, for which I am able to work well expressing and working with basic concepts in accessible ways. However, having achieved to a high academic level in physics and maths, I am also capable working with and transferring more complex skills.
Undergraduate rates are +£10, general adult rates +£5
I am a creative and enthusiastic problem solver, with a masters degree in physics.
• Capable C programmer.
• Excellent problem solving and logical skills developed through my education in
• Experience of producing high quality work in collaborative university courses and of paid work interacting with the public and clients has left me with strong skills for collaborative work and an ability to work well with colleagues and clients.
Bristol University (2012-2016)
Physics MSci (2:1, grade: 68)
Theoretical masters research project supervised by Prof. John Hannay (grade: 82)
• Elective units in group working and laboratory environments developed strong and adaptive team-working and technical skills.
Haberdashers’ Aske’s Hatcham College (2005-2012)
• Physics (A)
• Maths (A)
• Chemistry (B)
• Theatre Studies (B)
• Physics (A)
• Chemistry (A)
• Biology (A)
• Maths (A)
• Drama (A)
• French (A)
• English Language (B)
• Art double Award (B/C)
• English Literature (C)
• 8 years of drama and musical theatre to grade 5, incl. Multiple productions
• ROI Team Research Consultancy - 10/2016-present
◦ Projects Executive - Analysis of research data, directing research outcomes, presenting data analysis outcomes and findings graphically for clients.
• Dransfield Owens Design Ltd. Architectural Practice – 06/2015-09/2015
◦ Administrator - Production of financial documents, organisation of bookkeeping
software, meeting clients, filing.
• SusTrans Cycling Charity – 11/2013-03/2014
◦ Cycle Fundraiser – Raising awareness of SusTrans infrastructure projects and political work, signing up donors.
• Scottish Green Party Glasgow City Council 07/2010 (work experience)
◦ Shadow to councilor – Canvassing constituents, attending meetings on local
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£90||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£170||£150|