My teaching method always includes paper and a pen. I believe drawing something can save much more time rather than trying to explain it with words.
During my sessions for each topic, sample exercises are solved by the student with my help. After the sample exercises, the student will be given an amount of work to be done by himself (the workload depends on the topic).
From my experience with Mathematics and Physics solving problems is the keypoint for mark guarantee. During my sessions, I am also trying to raise questions that probably the student hasn't figured out, to raise awareness about the importance of some points.
Finally, I try explaining not only a mathematical/physics concept but something more interesting... an application of the concept. I believe this way student's focus is boosted and there is a potential of inspiring the student to focus on the subject later on with his/her life.
My name is Spyros, from Greece and I am 22 years old. I have a bachelor's degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Queen Mary University of London and I am into my Master's degree at Imperial College London.
During my school and university studies, I have helped many of my colleagues by explaining to them the concepts needed to keep up with a course. I have also worked as a demonstrator/TA during my bachelor degree, so I can explain relative complex subject matters.
• (MSc) Communication and Signal Processing (2019-2020)
Imperial College London (London, UK)
• (BEng) Electrical and Electronic Engineering (2016-2019)
Queen Mary University of London (London, UK)
o Overall mark results: 88%
Secondary Education: 4th Lyceum Galatsi “Constantine Caratheodory” (Athens, Greece) (2015)
o 18.9/20 Overall degree (Apolytirion)
o Core modules: Mathematics (18.8/20), Physics (18.4/20), Chemistry (19.8/20), Biology (18.2/20)
• Assistant Facilities Manager (Part-Time), Olympios Zeus Hotel, Kato Zachlorou, Kalavrita
• Web Developer (Fixed-Term), Athens, Greece
• University Demonstrator (Part-Time), Queen Mary University of London
• Digital Tech Developer (Summer Internship), Vodafone, Athens, Greece
• Wirelessly controlled vertical plotter project awarded by Rapid electronics
• Second Year Prize for OUTSTANDING ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT from Queen Mary University of London
• Principal's Prize for OUTSTANDING ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT IN THE 2018/2019 YEAR from Queen Mary University of London
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, algebra lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£80||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£150||£200|