My teaching method is simple and effective - exposure. In maths, there are often small steps in problems that are designed to throw students off. These may not be difficult, however they are often counterintuitive. Having a high exposure to problems means students are familiar with the method for solving specific questions that require obscure steps.
I am an mechanical engineering student at Imperial College London who attained an A* in both maths and further maths at A Level after self-teaching myself both subjects. I have taught 3 students who have achieved top grades (A*/9) in their maths A Levels/GCSEs exams.
Imperial College London | MEng Mechanical Engineering: 2017-2021
• Predicted grade: 2:1
• Main projects: ‘Drive Transmission Project’ using SolidWorks and Cantilever Design, Sudoku Solver in Python
• Extra Modules & Societies: Corporate Finance, Level 1 Arabic; ACS, Investment Banking Society
St. Anselm’s College: 2010-2017
• A Levels: Mathematics (A*); Further mathematics (A*); Physics (A); Chemistry (A)
• Odgen Trust Physicist of the Year
• GCSEs: 8A*s including Electronics and Maths; 3As including English; Distinction (ICT)
• Main Projects include the complete design and manufacture of an electronic safe including PCB design, coding and casing making with the use of Pro/Desktop, 2D Design and AutoCad; Technology Rotary Tournament
Technology Spring Intern | Morgan Stanley APR 2019
• Worked as a team to design and present an automated trade idea generator to a panel of MDs
• Networked with high-profile individuals within the firm as well as conducting various work-shadowing roles
• Undertook numeral problem-solving and coding sessions and gained exposure to various operational software's
ESCP London Campus | EVERCORE 2-Day Energy Trading Challenge MAR 2019
• Analysed market news and stock data to perform trades concerning four energy commodities
• Applied time, geographic and crack spreads while adhering to exposure limits as a team
• Generated highest team profit of £44milion in the third quarter, £22million of which was an individual profit
CAMP TUTOR | FIRETECH
• Delivered 1-week long courses that explored various technological areas from robotics to VR/AR for 9-13yr olds
• Adapted curriculum to better tailor it for the children in the class
• Solely control classes of 6-8 children constantly throughout a 9:00-16:00 day
University of Liverpool Institute of Global Health and Infection| Grade 3 Lab Technician SEPT 2018
• Ensured academics equipment was fully sterilised and all waste was correctly disposed of using a BMM Weston
Autoclave sterilizer whilst adhering to rigorous safety regulations
• Guarantied sufficient levels of liquid nitrogen to prevent uncontrolled bacteria growth within nitrogen tanks
• Prepared of various media; from the production of agar from TSA, to safely culturing microbes
• Deputy Head Boy – St. Anselm’s College
• Treasurer of Friday Club – a student-ran after school club for adults in the community with learning disabilities
• President of SVP society – a global Christian society that worked on several charitable projects in the community
• Coding languages: MatLab (as required by university); Python (intermediate)
• Intermediate Spanish
• Basketball, Boxing, Athletics (3x school national finalist)
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||£30|
|5 hours||Not available||£125||£150|
|10 hours||Not available||£200||£300|