I use a lot of visual aid and trying to help students develop unique understanding of concepts and I base it on the Feynman method by breaking hard topics down into simple relatable things. I also rely on practice problem solving and offer help outside the classroom.
I am a Bioengineering student at Imperial College London. I am a Qualified Tutor with abundant experience working in 2 different countries and with many institutes. I have tutored students in the UK and have covered many lessons for many schools. I have worked for as an Academic counselor in one of the G20 schools (Aitchison College) in Pakistan from 2018-2020. I am Founder of Bionoise which is my method of approaching learning biology.
If the lesson is scheduled and the student does not show up and the student has not informed a day prior to scheduled class then it will be deemed cancelled but charged at 75 % of the hourly rate
GCSE Grades: 12 A stars and 3 As with 1 Distinction
A-Level Grades: 4 A stars and 1 A
Teacher’s Assistant | National STEM School, Lahore
• Assessed student assignments to check quality and completeness before submission for grading.
• Partnered with National STEM School Professors and Program-in-charge to plan and implement lessons goals, objectives and philosophies.
• Supported instructor with test administration, curriculum development and assignment grading.
• Planned with teachers and fellow Teacher Assistants to ensure a hands-on science experience remotely
Academic Counsel | Aitchison College (AC) , Lahore
• Collaborated with students to complete homework assignments, identify lagging skills and correct weaknesses.
• Worked with students in classrooms and afterschool to provide educational support.
• Developed student confidence though attentive instruction in Biology, Physics and Maths, applying positive reinforcement strategies.
• Spearheaded group tutoring sessions to help students struggling in similar areas.
• Educated students on study tips and exam strategies.
Well-being Representative | Imperial College London,
• Elected as the Well-being representative in Imperial College London for all Year Ones in the Department of Bioengineering.
• Built strong relationships with fellow students to promote mental and physical well-being.
• Ensure that their concerns are voiced in the Student Staff Committee Meetings.
• Occasional meetings with Well-being advisor regarding ways to promote overall wellbeing in these unprecedented times
Boarding Student Guidance and Academic Counselor | AC Lahore
• Maintained positive relationships with students, faculty, alumni and administration.
• Assessed student's abilities and recommended degree programs to highlight strengths.
• Identified problematic cases and encouraged students or parents to seek additional assistance from mental health professionals.
• Counseled students regarding educational issues such as course and program selection, class scheduling and registration and career planning.
• Spearheaded group tutoring sessions to help students struggling in similar areas.
• Met with students and discussed educational goals and expectations
Co-Founder Tamanna Project | NGO, Karachi
• Helped establish an NGO with fellow co-founders with the aim to help children born in prisons more aware of their rights
• Helped set up interviews with prominent figures in Sindh Police and other important NGOs
• Designed the Tamanna Project logo
Head of Internal Affairs | COVID Visualization Team, Boston
• Used Tableau to create images and layouts for over numerous countries and the spread of COVID-19 and its relationship with Human Developmental Index
• Coordinated and scheduled tasks and responsibilities to different groups
• Ensured that deadlines were met and tasks were completed.
Program Participant | National STEM School, Lahore
• One of 32 selected from applications throughout the country
• Enrolled in the Physics Track and completed and planned 4 different mini-projects in 4 days
• Won Award for Overall Best Performance
Educational Startup Founder | Bionoise
• Worked on creating awareness about Synthetic Biology and Molecular Biology
• Created easy to understand Illustrations highlighting important concepts
• Organizing and planning multiple new projects and initiatives
• Please check @bio.noise on Instagram for more detail
High School Research Intern | Precision Medicine Lab, Peshawar
• Research and worked on developing a salivary biomarker panel for Early Detection of Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma (OSCC)
• Researched various subjects that were related to project and presented information to PI, mentors and PML Team.
• Supported research and development efforts to create new products, equipment and processes.
• Gathered, arranged and corrected research data to create representative graphs and charts highlighting results for presentations.
• Presented findings and won "Best Presentation Award" at PML Cancer Symposium
• Wrote reports and summaries regarding Salivary Biomarkers and OSCC
Research Intern | Khyber Medical University, Peshawar
• Planned in vitro experiments on malignant U-87 cell lines to test for the effect of certain locally available drugs on cancer cell survival rate
• Researched various subjects that were related to project and presented information to PI.
• Performed research into study topics to increase knowledge and ability to provide valuable contributions.
• Performed analysis on data generated and helped produce reports outlining results and ability to provide valuable contributions.
• Performed analysis on data generated and helped produce reports outlining results.
Dawood is an incredible teacher and is very friendly. He has a unique methodology to teach biology which keeps the students engaged and ensures that they remember concepts over a long period of time. He adapts his approach to teaching concepts based on the student's requirements and ability.
I've known Dawood to be the peer tutor in our boarding school and he has always done his job with the utmost passion in terms of connecting to the students and inculcating in them an interest with lively interactions. He was also extremely professional when it came to being on time and fulfilling commitments. I have never known Dawood to be late for a session or not follow up on his commitments.
He is an excellent STEM tutor, and in that regard his results speak louder than anything else. Since becoming a peer tutor at the boarding house, the grades of science students went consistently up, making him to be a major reason for the success of the boarding house in the academic rankings from the year 2019-2020, in which the house reached the highest rank since 2015.
After his high school, Dawood has been actively working on making biology related knowledge easier to understand for a younger and unacquainted audience on the internet, using excellent graphics coupled with easy to digest yet scientifically sound explanations.
I recommend Dawood as a fine tutor for biology considering not only his knowledge of biology as both a researcher and a bioengineering undergrad, but also because of his experience and effectiveness in teaching his peers.
I highly recommend Dawood as a teacher because he's driven and organised. He was attentive to my needs and tailored the lessons accordingly. He also made the sessions interactive which helped me delve deeper into biology as a niche and enjoy learning the subject. The advanced topics were made simpler through methods such as graphs and bullet points to summarise topics. I appreciated how he tried to build a rapport and always displayed a positive attitude. I truly found his reliability and his dedication as well as his passion for Biology invaluable in helping me accomplish my target; an A* in Biology in my exam.
I have known Muhammad Dawood Khan for the past 4 years now, having spent 2 years as batchmates in the same boarding school in Lahore, Pakistan. Dawood is a pro-active tutor who goes out of the conventional tutoring methods to teach students. Dawood's role as the Head of the Academic Counsel; a group of senior students who helped children combat academic issues in their GCSEs and AS Levels. I can recall multiple occassions when i witnessed Dawood being the only senior student helping out younger students one night before their exams whilst others might have been busy watching a Champions League match in the TV room. I am confident that Dawood will definitely be a superb addition to the Superprof community due to his personal inclination and ambitious spirit to not only succeed himself, but to also help the community move along with him. His patient and kind additude makes him an ideal candidate for helping others in times of strenous, stressful examination periods,
He is an amazing biology teacher because he made me become passionate about biology. Moreover , course work aside , Sir gives great ideas regarding new research and general knowledge which I think is great!! Thank you so much sir!
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking academic tutoring lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£250|