I have recently completed a BA (hons) in English Language and Creative Writing and give lessons from primary to A level in creative writing, and because I have a passion for this, it inspires prospective students to success - if they have the raw talent, then I will teach them how to apply it.
I specialise in tutoring for the 11+ for both Grammar and Independent schools based around Hillingdon, Harrow, SW Hertfordshire and Barnet as well as for 13+ entrance exams. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Maths, English, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning, Creative Writing and interview practice targeted to both GL and CEM style assessments for 11+ and 13+ exams.
Hello, my name is Karim. I'm an enthusiastic, friendly, well qualified and experienced teacher of Maths, Verbal Reasoning, non Verbal Reasoning, Mental Arithmetic, Revision Strategy and Exam Techniques.
My approach respects the student`s personality and capabilities while challenging their thinking and perceptions. - I am sympathetic, experienced and understanding of the process and knowledge required therefore I am fully committed to teach until my students are content and satisfied with their work.
I approach these subjects very enthusiastically as I very much enjoyed my 11+ and GCSE stages myself. I apply different fun and memorable ways of learning topics that can be applied into further learning and love the feeling of being able to share my learning techniques with other young optimistic learners.
I begin my tutoring programme with a small assessment to find out where the child is and what they need to know. From there I will plan fun and engaging lessons, which the children will look forward to. I believe in giving children the support in which they need so they develop the skills and confidence to work independently.
I am a fully qualified, practicing and experienced primary teacher working with children across all primary ages. I take a particular interest in building confidence and self esteem in pupils and I hold an enhanced and current DBS certificate.
- Classes Preparing students for 11 Plus and GCSE exams - Ages and Levels Covered 11 Plus: Maths and English GCSE: Maths and English - Opening Times Monday to Friday: 2pm to 8pm Saturday: 10am to 5pm - Tuition Fees Please contact our manager on 020 8866 9088 - Special Offers Limited offer - 20% discount for the students registering for 2 subjects.
- Classes Children are taught in small groups but each child in the group works on an individual work plan designed to address any areas of weakness. Most children attend once a week for 80 minutes and homework is provided to reinforce the topics they have learnt in class. Teachers always provide feedback at the end of a session so that parents are kept up to date with their child's progress.
- Classes Small group sessions (4-6), created ability/age wise. Individualised plans for each child. All sessions include a useful variety of activities to help engage all learners. All sessions include REAL teaching. Small group sessions are proven to help develop independence, confidence, subject knowledge, teamwork and key skills and is better value for money than all other tuition types.
- Classes We teach English and maths to children as young as 3 years old up until those at GCSE level. We also run a separate class for adults who require assistance in Maths and English. - Ages and Levels Covered Classes are available for children of all ages as well as adults. - Opening Times Classes run on Mondays from 2.30pm until 6.30pm and on weekends.
My teaching method will be one-to-one or group lessons to 11-19 year olds where we can go over writing techniques and do practice essays based on your spec to boost your grade. I will give homework and practice questions which I will mark and give feedback on, so that you can improve your marks.
I provide top quality lessons to students preparing for 11+ examinations. Currently, I am working with four children who are preparing for their exams in September 2017 or 2018. My lessons are versatile, meaning I can act as a supplement to any tuition your child may be receiving now or work with them to prepare them on a 1:1 basis.
I can give lessons to those preparing for entrance exams (4+, 7+, 11+) and also at primary level in general. I'd also be able to give lessons to students looking to prepare for GCSE examinations. I take time to consider the pupil's ability, and their most preferable way of learning, and structure lessons around this.
My teaching method changes depending on how the student best learns. I found visual aids extremely useful in my own revision, and believe exam technique to be the key to success.
I am currently a Student at a leading grammar school in the country, i'm willing to help those who want to apply for selective schools as well as private school. I am a calm, patient individual. I will set homework tasks depending on the individuals needs and constraints and will provide constructive feedback to the parents if required.
Tests and examinations are, of course, important but good preparation does not lie simply in working test papers. Such an approach will not uncover the cause of a pupil's difficulties. My approach is to try to identify what the child has not grasped, teach it and provide practise before requiring the pupil to finally work through test papers.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Chemistry and Biology for A level and Maths and science for GCSE and secondary level. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have Chemical Engineering, MSc in Biochemistry and PhD in Biochemistry - How much do you charge? I charge £ 24/hour for A-level and £ 22/hour GCSE. - Where do you teach? I prefer teach in student's home.
11+ exam preparation can be tedious for grammar school entrance exams. Having the experience of going through it, I would offer a bespoke, one-to-one, 2 hour class once a week, with constant weekly liaison with student and parent, with a progress sheet.
Students respond to interactive ways of learning and I have seen success when I employ such methods. For English, my lessons are full of discussion which encourages students to think creatively and I then help them develop coherence when expressing their ideas on paper. We go through each step of how to answer a certain type of question and consider every aspect of what makes a model answer.
Please feel free to give me a call or send me an e-mail any time if you are interested in lessons. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Piano, Violin, Music Theory & 11+ Aptitude test - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Classes Courses based on UK national school curriculum Improves confidence and encourages enjoyment in learning Continuous reinforcement of knowledge Suitable for all ages and abilities Helps with school assessments and exams Flexible approach to suit individual needs - Ages and Levels Covered Suitable for all ages and abilities - Opening Times Thursday 3:30 to 5:30 pm - Tuition Fees £50
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Maths, Physics, Chemistry & Biology up to GCSE level and Maths and Physics up to A-level as indicated above.
I aim to achieve high results for my students while instigating good learning practice and independence. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Maths, English and Science subjects. - Tell me about your qualifications. I am a Science postgraduate with my major in Biotechnology and Environmental Sciences.
I offer a personalised, creative and enthusiastic approach to tutoring. Each child/adult has different needs and attitudes to learning, it is my job to find out what works for you and deliver it in the most enjoyable and productive way. I take great pride in the results my pupils have achieved in all the fields that i teach.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach all core curriculum subjects up until A level. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have a First Class (Hons) in Economics from the London School of Economics. I have been teaching in a local secondary school focussing on raising achievements in Key Stage 3 SATs and GCSE Maths by working intensively in small groups.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English, English language and French. - Tell me about your qualifications. MA in Professional Writing; TEFL qualification; English BA; A Levels in English, French and History; 10 GCSEs including A in English and Maths. - How much do you charge? I charge roughly £15 per hour for one-to-one lessons but it is negotiable.
- Classes Before your child commences study with us at the Watford centre, they will be assessed in order to determine their specific needs and ensure a suitable starting point in the course. Once your child enrolls, they will attend the study centre on a regular basis. Whilst there they will complete a short piece of work which will be marked and returned.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Mathematics, Accounting and Business Studies. - Tell me about your qualifications. Degree in Mathemtics and Accountancy (CIMA) qualification. Currently studing for my teaching qualification. - How much do you charge? £20 - £25 per hour. - Where do you teach? I teach mainly at home but may be willing to travel.
- Classes Individual tuition within a class of up to 5 pupils. We use on-line tuition software in class and students can log in at home for homework assignments and additional practice of times tables and educational games. We also give paper homework, as written methods are also important. All of our teachers are fully trained and qualified, with up to date DBS checks.
Thousands of tutors can teach you 11+ School Exam Preparation,
find private lessons close to Northwood.
Pick your own coach to help you learn 11+ school exam preparation. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in 11+ school exam preparation in Northwood and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Northwood by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.