I provide English tutoring primarily to GCSE, A Level and IB students, but am flexible about working with a range of age groups. As a tutor, I try to be as helpful and constructive as possible, so most of my lessons are structured around working through activities, commentaries or essay plans together.
My teaching method is highly adaptable from student to student, depending on their areas of weakness. I aim to get students thinking more deeply about the texts, while also using practice questions to improve exam technique. The combination of deeper analytical thinking and exam technique makes As and A*s easier to achieve.
I have recently completed a BA (hons) in English Language and Creative Writing and give lessons from primary to A level in creative writing, and because I have a passion for this, it inspires prospective students to success - if they have the raw talent, then I will teach them how to apply it.
I specialise in tutoring for the 11+ for both Grammar and Independent schools based around Hillingdon, Harrow, SW Hertfordshire and Barnet as well as for 13+ entrance exams. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Maths, English, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning, Creative Writing and interview practice targeted to both GL and CEM style assessments for 11+ and 13+ exams.
I am a friendly, patient and encouraging English teacher. I have 20 years of experience teaching across all key stages in Hillingdon secondary schools, both state and independent. I am a keen promoter of private reading - see attached file.
- Classes Using a combination of carefully structured worksheets and textbooks, we will devise a programme specifically for your child, to take him or her from the basics of Maths and/or English through to the more demanding aspects of school work.
My approach respects the student`s personality and capabilities while challenging their thinking and perceptions. - I am sympathetic, experienced and understanding of the process and knowledge required therefore I am fully committed to teach until my students are content and satisfied with their work.
I approach these subjects very enthusiastically as I very much enjoyed my 11+ and GCSE stages myself. I apply different fun and memorable ways of learning topics that can be applied into further learning and love the feeling of being able to share my learning techniques with other young optimistic learners.
- Classes Kumon provide individualised Maths and English programmes. Attendance at class is on a "drop-in" basis during class times as each child works on their own individual development plan. Children take approximately 20-30 minutes per subject and attend class once or twice a week.
I am a fully qualified, practicing and experienced primary teacher working with children across all primary ages. I take a particular interest in building confidence and self esteem in pupils and I hold an enhanced and current DBS certificate.
- Classes Preparing students for 11 Plus and GCSE exams - Ages and Levels Covered 11 Plus: Maths and English GCSE: Maths and English - Opening Times Monday to Friday: 2pm to 8pm Saturday: 10am to 5pm - Tuition Fees Please contact our manager on 020 8866 9088 - Special Offers Limited offer - 20% discount for the students registering for 2 subjects.
- Classes First Class Learning is a weekly study programme in line with the UK curriculum. Children follow a programme, the starting point being determined by an initial assessment carried out in your own home. The basic programme is pure maths - from number recognition to GCSE algebra. It includes topics such as shape, time, measurement, area/perimeter, series, etc.
- Classes Children are taught in small groups but each child in the group works on an individual work plan designed to address any areas of weakness. Most children attend once a week for 80 minutes and homework is provided to reinforce the topics they have learnt in class. Teachers always provide feedback at the end of a session so that parents are kept up to date with their child's progress.
- Classes On the maths programme, children develop their numeracy skills as well as mental agility,concentration,accuracy and fluency. The English programme focuses on reading,comprehension skills but also builds skills in grammar, punctuation and vocabulary. - Ages and Levels Covered Students of all ages and abilities Attend the centre.
- Classes Small group sessions (4-6), created ability/age wise. Individualised plans for each child. All sessions include a useful variety of activities to help engage all learners. All sessions include REAL teaching. Small group sessions are proven to help develop independence, confidence, subject knowledge, teamwork and key skills and is better value for money than all other tuition types.
I start by giving the student an informal test to pinpoint key areas of development. I utilise text books, past papers, handwritten resources and interactive content to make learning fun for the student and monitor their progress.
I'm an English and Music teacher with experience teaching classes in secondary school, night school and university and tutoring one-to-one and in small groups.
- Classes We teach English and maths to children as young as 3 years old up until those at GCSE level. We also run a separate class for adults who require assistance in Maths and English. - Ages and Levels Covered Classes are available for children of all ages as well as adults. - Opening Times Classes run on Mondays from 2.30pm until 6.30pm and on weekends.
I will ask the student what specific topics need covering the most and will do my research into the structure of their course in order to discover which areas have the highest weighting of marks and therefore need looking into the most.
My teaching method will be one-to-one or group lessons to 11-19 year olds where we can go over writing techniques and do practice essays based on your spec to boost your grade. I will give homework and practice questions which I will mark and give feedback on, so that you can improve your marks.
My teaching method is very clear. I deliverd my lesson in very understanding way which help student to learn easily.
Hi there. My name is Juliet. I am a fully qualified Biology teacher. As a a Natural Sciences (bio,chem,phy) graduate from Bath I can help your child with maths and science. From living in Spain for several years - I am fluent in Spanish. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Biology and Spanish to A level. I teach science and maths to GCSE and English to KS3.
I provide top quality lessons to students preparing for 11+ examinations. Currently, I am working with four children who are preparing for their exams in September 2017 or 2018. My lessons are versatile, meaning I can act as a supplement to any tuition your child may be receiving now or work with them to prepare them on a 1:1 basis.
I am an English teacher who can teach one-to-one or in small groups. I prefer to teach in my own home, but I am willing to travel a short distance. - Which subject(s) do you teach? English Literature and English Language - Tell me about your qualifications.
My teaching method is to use an assessment-focussed approach. This does NOT mean having students write frequent long monotonous essays but rather allowing for constant opportunities for students to demonstrate knowledge through AFL (assessment for learning) tasks. Essays are used only to measure progress at three-week intervals. I base my classes on breaking topics down into digestable chunks.
My name is Hina Ali and I am an A-Level student who is willing to give my knowledge of reading in English and Classics to those who would benefit from it. My techniques would be having the student read to me and also tell me what they can gather from the text. I will help by inputting my own knowledge of English and Classics within this and hopefully help them improve.
I am a patient and open-minded tutor who is able to be flexible and open to suggestions in terms of what works best for individual students. I understand every child is different and therefore different approaches are needed in order to help them succeed.
I am a qualified primary school teacher with over six years' experience within the education field. I have been tutoring English and mathematics for over two years and have supported children to pass their entrance exams. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Primary curriculum and children with special needs. - Tell me about your qualifications.
I being by asking students to analyse new pieces of literature at the start of tutoring sessions. Looking at language, structure, form and context, this is a good way for students to warm up before looking at set texts within their course. I use various forms of learning, including drawing, speech writing and will advise YouTube videos to watch as a follow up to our lessons.
I start my lessons with a quick test to see the student's level of English. I can teach grammar perfectly but it's not my focus. Only if the student struggles in some topic I would like to plan for next few lesson to cover the topic. I always pay attention reading comprehensions and I do reading schedule for my students.
Thousands of tutors can teach you English,
find private lessons close to Northwood.
Pick your own coach to help you learn english. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in english in Northwood and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Northwood by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.