My approach to tutoring is different to the conventional style. I help students with any difficulties they may have in their homework, but in the alternative, I also teach students full topics from scratch. This is to ensure that they are not missing anything vital. With younger students, I make sure I go at their pace, so that they do not lose confidence.
11+ exam preparation can be tedious for grammar school entrance exams. Having the experience of going through it, I would offer a bespoke, one-to-one, 2 hour class once a week, with constant weekly liaison with student and parent, with a progress sheet.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Maths, Physics, Chemistry & Biology up to GCSE level and Maths and Physics up to A-level as indicated above.
I aim to achieve high results for my students while instigating good learning practice and independence. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Maths, English and Science subjects. - Tell me about your qualifications. I am a Science postgraduate with my major in Biotechnology and Environmental Sciences.
I offer a personalised, creative and enthusiastic approach to tutoring. Each child/adult has different needs and attitudes to learning, it is my job to find out what works for you and deliver it in the most enjoyable and productive way. I take great pride in the results my pupils have achieved in all the fields that i teach.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach all core curriculum subjects up until A level. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have a First Class (Hons) in Economics from the London School of Economics. I have been teaching in a local secondary school focussing on raising achievements in Key Stage 3 SATs and GCSE Maths by working intensively in small groups.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English, English language and French. - Tell me about your qualifications. MA in Professional Writing; TEFL qualification; English BA; A Levels in English, French and History; 10 GCSEs including A in English and Maths. - How much do you charge? I charge roughly £15 per hour for one-to-one lessons but it is negotiable.
- Classes Before your child commences study with us at the Watford centre, they will be assessed in order to determine their specific needs and ensure a suitable starting point in the course. Once your child enrolls, they will attend the study centre on a regular basis. Whilst there they will complete a short piece of work which will be marked and returned.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Mathematics, Accounting and Business Studies. - Tell me about your qualifications. Degree in Mathemtics and Accountancy (CIMA) qualification. Currently studing for my teaching qualification. - How much do you charge? £20 - £25 per hour. - Where do you teach? I teach mainly at home but may be willing to travel.
- Classes Individual tuition within a class of up to 5 pupils. We use on-line tuition software in class and students can log in at home for homework assignments and additional practice of times tables and educational games. We also give paper homework, as written methods are also important. All of our teachers are fully trained and qualified, with up to date DBS checks.
I begin my tutoring programme with a small assessment to find out where the child is and what they need to know. From there I will plan fun and engaging lessons, which the children will look forward to. I believe in giving children the support in which they need so they develop the skills and confidence to work independently.
Tests and examinations are, of course, important but good preparation does not lie simply in working test papers. Such an approach will not uncover the cause of a pupil's difficulties. My approach is to try to identify what the child has not grasped, teach it and provide practise before requiring the pupil to finally work through test papers.
I adopt a personal, tailored approach to tutoring as not one size fits all! I will isolate areas of development and construct a plan to highlight and strengthen these.
I'm extremely friendly and personable, and have a lot of experience especially with quiet or shy kids.
I try and work on the weaknesses of each student. I will help with homework and possibly exams as well. It will be useful if they have a textbook/questions to work on. NB: I will be more available during the summer.
I am a dedicated, passionate and motivated English teacher who genuinely seeks to ensure every pupil becomes confident in their own ability to study English. My goal is to engage pupils, support and challenge them in their English studies so they achieve their potential and goals.
My approach respects the student`s personality and capabilities while challenging their thinking and perceptions. - I am sympathetic, experienced and understanding of the process and knowledge required therefore I am fully committed to teach until my students are content and satisfied with their work.
I approach these subjects very enthusiastically as I very much enjoyed my 11+ and GCSE stages myself. I apply different fun and memorable ways of learning topics that can be applied into further learning and love the feeling of being able to share my learning techniques with other young optimistic learners.
Everyone has a different way of learning, it's about finding that method and using it to reach that individual eureka moment. 1:1 tuition is the way forward, going through the topics step by step with numerous tips and tricks to help progress.
My aim is to unlock every child's full potential and promote lifelong learning in English and Maths. To develop their confidence and ensure progress is being made, through a engaging way to ensure their young mind is inspired.
I am a well qualified and experienced Teacher of English and Geography. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English Language and Literature, and Geography (Key Stage 3 and 4) - Tell me about your qualifications. I possess the following: - Teaching Diploma specialising in English, Geography and Guidance Counselling - B.
I try to provide a high standard of teaching that is not only engaging for the student, but is enriching and thorough.
I have recently completed a BA (hons) in English Language and Creative Writing and give lessons from primary to A level in creative writing, and because I have a passion for this, it inspires prospective students to success - if they have the raw talent, then I will teach them how to apply it.
The thing that parents and students must realise when approaching studies for GCSEs, is that the most important thing is the exam. I have seen very clever and talented students who love the subject do very poorly on the exam because they did not keep the exam in mind when studying. Therefore my approach in these lessons will always be centered around the exam.
I specialise in tutoring for the 11+ for both Grammar and Independent schools based around Hillingdon, Harrow, SW Hertfordshire and Barnet as well as for 13+ entrance exams. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Maths, English, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning, Creative Writing and interview practice targeted to both GL and CEM style assessments for 11+ and 13+ exams.
I can give lessons to those preparing for entrance exams (4+, 7+, 11+) and also at primary level in general. I'd also be able to give lessons to students looking to prepare for GCSE examinations. I take time to consider the pupil's ability, and their most preferable way of learning, and structure lessons around this.
I am a fully qualified, practicing and experienced primary teacher working with children across all primary ages. I take a particular interest in building confidence and self esteem in pupils and I hold an enhanced and current DBS certificate.
- Classes Preparing students for 11 Plus and GCSE exams - Ages and Levels Covered 11 Plus: Maths and English GCSE: Maths and English - Opening Times Monday to Friday: 2pm to 8pm Saturday: 10am to 5pm - Tuition Fees Please contact our manager on 020 8866 9088 - Special Offers Limited offer - 20% discount for the students registering for 2 subjects.
- Classes Children are taught in small groups but each child in the group works on an individual work plan designed to address any areas of weakness. Most children attend once a week for 80 minutes and homework is provided to reinforce the topics they have learnt in class. Teachers always provide feedback at the end of a session so that parents are kept up to date with their child's progress.
- Classes Small group sessions (4-6), created ability/age wise. Individualised plans for each child. All sessions include a useful variety of activities to help engage all learners. All sessions include REAL teaching. Small group sessions are proven to help develop independence, confidence, subject knowledge, teamwork and key skills and is better value for money than all other tuition types.
Thousands of tutors can teach you 11+ School Exam Preparation,
find private lessons close to Bushey.
Pick your own coach to help you learn 11+ school exam preparation. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in 11+ school exam preparation in Bushey and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Bushey by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.