Lessons will focus on covering critical areas required for the exam from the syllabus, as well as exam techniques. I also wish to impart on my students the value of treating academic study as an opportunity for personal development so that they can become confident, employable and well-rounded individuals.
I prefer for tutees to pose the questions as a form of active learning, rather than listening or being lectured at on a topic, active engagement with considered and effective prompting allows tutees to realize their own potential and to engage with the material in a far better way
Hi! I'm a straight A's A-Level student, who previously achieved 6 A's at GCSE myself and I specialise in tutoring students of all ages up to GCSE-Level in English and Science, located in Doncaster.
Learn English not for school but for life! I mostly teaching primary school aged students but I am open to older students!. I try and make my lessons as fun as possible to engage my students more. Drop me a message and I will get back to you ASAP.
I have 30 years experience teaching in a school and as a home tutor. I taught Language and Literature preparing students for their final exams in June and for school half-yearly exams. I specialize in essay practice and comprehension work as well as revision for Novels, Plays and Poetry.
Experienced Teacher and Tutor with 13 years experience. - Which subject(s) do you teach? English - Key Stage 1 and 2 Maths - Key Stage 1 and 2 Science - Key Stage 2 - Tell me about your qualifications. I have a BA degree in English and Psychology (1995) I also have a post-graduate Teaching Diploma (1996) I obtained my Qualified Teacher Status from Brunel University in Surrey (2003).
- Classes A class visit would typically take 20-30 minutes per single subject and 30-40 minutes for a 'dual subject'. The class routine is as follows: Students swap their completed homework for new work. See the instructor/assistant to do oral reading/oral maths. Complete their class work and submit for marking. Whilst waiting for work to be marked, have a go at the practical activities.
As mentioned in the title I am an English tutor with a BA in Education Studies and English and I can do all levels. I tend to be interactive as well as reflective in my practice and can work well with SEN. I have a great passion for my subject as well.
My teaching methods are tailored to the individual student and the subject itself. Generally, it is important to engage the students and making sure the lesson is fun... otherwise they do not tend to learn. As well, ensuring that while students who need help get the help, also ensuring that students at the top get the extra push.
I am a student teacher based in Doncaster, South Yorkshire. I offer English language, literacy and Functional Skills lessons at Level 2 (GCSE equivalent). I have a BA Honours degree in English Language & Literature. I am currently studying for my PGCE teaching qualification. I offer one on one tuition, focusing on the areas that individual students finds challenging.
I don't currently have a teaching style as I would prefer to tailor it to each student, finding a way that works best for you, but if you have a preferred style I will try my best to teach in that particular way. I found that this worked best with previous students.
I am a current supply teacher in a school near my hometown, I teach secondary school children aged 11-16. My main subjects to teach are Muisc, Art, English and Literacy. I have a Degree and i'm studying for my HLTA.
Easy going teaching style. Try to make it fun without taking away any content. Neutral accent so easily understood.
I am very flexible in my approaches to teaching. I am able to adapt any lesson to meet students’ needs.
I have over 20 years of teaching English/Eng. Lit. in secondary schools around Sheffield and Rotherham, and a very good pass rate for my students throughout my career. I am also an experienced one to one tutor with proven success.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach History and Geography up to A Level, English and Maths up to GCSE Level, and most subjects, except languages, up to Key stage 3. I teach basic literacy and numeracy at all levels. - Tell me about your qualifications. BA (Hons) Humanities 2:1; PGCE. - How much do you charge? Standard fees are £17 per hour.
I am a 17 year old, first year A-level student who is studying English Language and Literature. I am not a professional tutor but I know how the current GCSE English exams work and can therefore aid revision and give exam tips to anyone approaching their GCSEs.
Lingua Genesis Ltd You can learn a language with the help of a tutor who will simplify the whole process of language learning in working with you and encourage you to learn by means of adopting varied approaches - regardless of your age. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Welcome to Lingua Genesis Ltd.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? KS1 - 4 English KS1 - 5 History KS1 - 5 Religious Studies and Philosophy KS1 - 5 Citizenship and Political Studies TEFL, ESOL, Handwriting for Dyspraxic and other special educational needs pupils, Common Entrance Exam practice, University Entrance Exam practice, KS2 Sats practice and catch up. - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Classes Kumon provides individualized maths and English study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Although the programmes do not directly follow the National Curriculum, they work in a logical, sequential way to develop mathematical and language skills to a level equivalent to A Level.
I like to break down texts by chapter and provide deep analysis.
- Classes We offer tuition in English, mathematics for early years, KS1 to KS3 , GCSE and GCE, SATs preparation and 11+ examination preparation. We also offer adult tuition in literacy. - Ages and Levels Covered We offer tuition for ages 5 to 18 and also for adults. - Opening Times Closed on Monday Tuesday to Thursday 4.00pm to 5.20pm 5.30 pm to 6.50pm 7.00pm to 8.20pm Friday 4.
- Classes Kumon provide individualised maths and English programmes. Attendance at class is on a 'drop-in' basis during class times. Students at the centre study for approximately 30-40 minutes per subject and attend class once or twice a week. The Kumon programmes work in a logical and sequential way to develop mathematics and English skills to a level equivalent to A-level topics.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach History and Geography to A-level, as well as English and Maths at GCSE. I am currently completing a TEFL too to teach English as a Foreign Language. - Tell me about your qualifications. I graduated with a single Hons degree in History (2.1) from the University of Exeter after gaining Maths, History and Geography full A-levels, and Chemistry A2.
My teaching methodology is to provide a relaxed but structured online learning environment. My target market is anyone, of any age, wising to write, speak or read using the English language. I will use my skills as a native speaker and English graduate coupled with the skills learned from undertaking a postgraduate CPD in TEFL (Teaching of English as a Foreign Language.
I am a 26-year-old tutor based in Barnsley, specialising in Key Stage 1 and 2 maths tuition and English tuition up to degree level. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach maths for children of primary school age, and can also coach entrants for the 11+ exam. I also tutor children in English. This is my specialist subject, and one that I offer up to degree level.
I am a recently retired teacher with lots of 1 to 1 teaching experience. I still have a lot to give and am excited about the opportunity to work as a tutor. I have taught both basic Literacy and GCSE English and Maths for many years with excellent results.
I have a friendly and flexible approach to tutoring. I work to meet the needs of the tutee. My aim is to help my tutees to enjoy learning and achieve success. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English and Maths up to GCSE. I offer 11plus tuition for tutees in counties which still use this. For tutees wanting to prepare for examinations to join an independent school; I help with these.
Mixed styles for all abilities.
Ahh, Jollies been and gone! Edinburgh, cricket and beaches will soon be a distant memory. Polished shoes, sharp uniforms, bright, shiny students straining in the slips await. Fun with poetry, prose, IELTS, history and politics will see us through the golden autumnal months. Wednesday win on the bounce - is this an omen? I can but wish.
Thousands of tutors can teach you English,
find private lessons close to Doncaster.
Pick your own coach to help you learn english. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in english in Doncaster and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Doncaster by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.