I gave lesson to KS1 children whose attainment is low in small Maths groups. I also have a small group of RWI (Read Write Inc) children every day to raise their reading and writing standard. My intervention group and Boosters of Maths and English take place every morning and afternoon for 20 minutes.
I base my teaching around primary school students and use techniques that involve games and various activities rather than just copying and doing worksheets.
I aim to make my lessons stimulating, building on the strengths and interests of my students. Oral rehearsal and review is a very important aspect of my personal practice, as students have to play and manipulate language before they can use it effectively in their independent writing . I have taught students from the age of 4 years old to over 64 over in my tutoring career.
My approach is dependant on what is best for your child. Although every student will be equally taught the same skills. I adapt my approach to how your child learns best.
Depends on the student and how best they feel they learn. The first thing I do is a VARK questionnaire with the learner/s then I base the way I teach the subject on that. A mix of different types of activities also included.
I focus on the true understanding of English, once the writing is understood we can then approach the text from any way preferred.
I try to make my lessons as interactive as possible. I welcome all questions, however big or small, and I am non-judgemental in my responses. Ultimately, I see it my goal to help get students the grades that I know they can achieve, and unlock all potential. I think a great way of doing this is by seeking out a students' strengths and weaknesses, and building up methodically where necessary.
My name is Luzel, I obtained my PGCE in South Africa while training Improv Comedy. I love performing but I also love teaching. So I have decided to use my comedic skills in making English and History more fun to learn.
I provide academic lessons (in accordance to the national curriculum) to students aged 5 - 11 years old. I also provide piano lessons to students aged 6 - 12 years old. Each session is tailor made to the student. I am familiar with differentiation. No student is the same and therefore I take a flexible approach to my teaching.
I am an enthusiastic and friendly classroom teacher who is passionate about both my subject and teaching. My goal is to make my subject enjoyable, accessible and rewarding for students and tutor them to achieve their maximum potential. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach both English Literature and Language from KS3 to GCSE. - Tell me about your qualifications.
Each class is tailored the the students needs (e.g.
I ensure I know what you require from the lessons, I will prepare materials in advance and will help you to make progress.
Each lesson is tailored to the needs of the individual student. With some students it will be listening skills and with others it will be speech that they need help with. I have taught children as young as three through to older adults who were complete beginners. I have also improved the skills of more advanced students.
I am a friendly secondary school teacher, I have been qualified for 10 years as a Drama and English teacher, and have held the post of Head of Performing Arts for the past 5 years. I'm passionate about my subject both practical and theory elements. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I specialise in English, Drama, Performing Arts and A level Theatre Studies.
- Classes Kumon offers maths and English programmes. Students attend class once or twice a week for approximately 30 minutes per subject. They work at 'just the right' level, and progress at their own pace, with approximately 15 minutes of homework to complete, per subject, per day. Their easy start point allows them to build good study habits, skills and confidence.
- Classes Clever Tutors have professional and experienced tutors that specialise in one to one tuition geared to preparing students for the 11 plus and common entrance exams to ensure they are admitted to their school of choice. We have specialist maths tutors that can help you or your child gain confidence in maths and bring about an improvement in grades.
My teaching method is more about understanding the individual needs. I am able to adapt my style to fit who ever I may be teaching.
My name is Annabel Matthews and I am a student from Hertfordshire currently studying for a BA in English from the University of Exeter. I know that everybody learns differently, so will take the time to get to know my students and tailor my lesson plans to suit what individuals need to know and how they will best be able to process the information we cover.
I like to make sure that my lessons are interesting while still educating students to the ability that they need to achieve high grades. Working through the structure of exams and what the best way to answer a question isn’t is how I do this.
My teaching method, in a nutshell, is to personalise where possible; where that is not necessary, I try to explain things as simply as possible while ensuring that this theoretical understanding is tested through practical activities and praxis. It really all revolves around the individual, how they learn and what they wish to achieve.
I am happy accommodate students’ needs or if you would prefer structured sessions then this is also available
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I am studying for a Cambridge University degree in Philosophy and English. I teach English, Philosophy and History at A-Level, and Maths, Science and Latin at a lower level. I was a scholar at Haileybury College when I was a child, and teach 11 plus, thirteen plus and scholarship candidates. - Tell me about your qualifications.
For cheaper rate group lessons contact me for as i run group tutoring Mondays 4:15-6:15. I am currently a teacher of Design and Technology at an outstanding secondary school. I hold a degree in Human Nutrition and A levels of biology, business, history and accounting. Two of these A levels were self taught.
Initially, lessons focus on identifying weakness and areas for growth. This allows me to create a lesson plan for the coming sessions, which I then discuss with the student and their guardians to ensure their approval of the plan. I have found that confidence is often at the root of students difficulties.
I will assess and teach each student individually depending on their needs and interests. I am a creative person with an arts background and so will use many different approaches to teach English language and literature at all levels.
I'm the Subject Leader for KS3 Geography at an outstanding secondary school. I've also got experience teaching English, History and tutoring for the 11+ exam. I hold an archaeology degree from Bristol University and a Masters from Oxford University. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I currently teach KS3, KS4, and KS5 Geography.
My name is Giselle, I have a 2:1 Degree in English & Social Science. I have been teaching for 20 + years in a home schooling environment and provide tuition for pupils 5 + years and above, this includes adults. I have taught and do teach all academic abilities and disabilities including young people and adults who have English as a second language.
- Classes We provide classes in Maths, English and Science across all key stages. Our programmes are totally original and were designed by VAKS to embrace the Visual, Auditory and Kinesthetic Learning Styles to ensure our students are totally immersed in their learning. Each class consists of no more than six children at a time with a tutor and teaching assistant in attendance.
The outcome of our first meeting will be to have planned our time together. I will probably suggest a few lessons to begin with, to work on certain skills, and build a learning plan to work towards key improvements.
- Classes The Centre itself provides a personalised Maths and English learning programme. Our students come from virtually all the schools in our surrounding area; primary, secondary, state and private. Progress does not depend upon age, so, if younger students have the ability, they can move through the work swiftly and ahead of their school level, thus avoiding boredom and frustration.
Thousands of tutors can teach you English,
find private lessons close to Harlow.
Pick your own coach to help you learn english. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in english in Harlow and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Harlow by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.