I have recently taken early retirement from my position as Head of English in a local prep school and have over 35 years experience. - Which subject(s) do you teach? English /Literacy/11+preparation/Keystage 2and 3/Common Entrance/GCSE Language/ and Literature /Adult literacy and English as a Foreign language. - Tell me about your qualifications. B,Ed (Hons) Cert Ed.
I have many years' experience as a tutor, an examiner and also a teacher and enjoy helping teenagers and adults to reach their potential. - Which subject(s) do you teach? English Language and English Literature - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Classes Children follow a programme, the starting point being determined by an initial assessment carried out in your own home. The basic programme is pure maths - from number recognition to GCSE algebra. It includes topics such as shape, time, measurement, area/perimeter, series, etc. We will also help with applied topics as required.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I have just qualified to teach English at KS3 and KS4 and I can also teach Saxophone, Flute and Vocals. - How much do you charge? I am happy to take groups of 2 at the same price or more at a price negotiable. I will charge extra if having to travel far but this would be discussed at the appropriate time.
- Classes We tutor English, maths and 11+ skills to children in 80 minute lessons and in that time students cover several activities. Some are computer based, but most use our unique Kip McGrath written curriculum resources. Each student follows their own personal lesson plan, developed by a qualified teacher, to address the concerns identified in their FREE assessment.
This summer, I am moving from Salisbury to Southampton. I am afraid that long term tuition in the Salisbury area in the new academic year will not be possible. However, I would like to welcome onboard new tutees from Southampton.
- I develop and implement comprehensive lesson plans that accommodate to the specific level of the learner while offering support to make certain the student is able to grasp materials. - I work to identify the needs of the learner, adapting course content and delivery style. - I develop action plan based on the student's academic goals.
My teaching method is very informal and relaxed and I prefer to help students' learning by discovering and stimulating their thought processes, so lessons often take a more conversational and note-taking tone rather than simply encouraging transcription of information. As I am an A-level student, I am able to provide help for students from year 8 up to GCSE.
When I tutor students 1 to 1, I like to prepare a number of activities that I hope will spark interest and uncover areas for improvement. The benefit of a tutor is being able to structure lessons to the individual.
Through my knowledge and experience students are able to progress rapidly and achieve a high standard of proficiency in their chosen disciplines. - Which subject(s) do you teach? English Language English Literature Biology Chemistry Physics , Maths and French.
My lessons are from primary to dissertations/extended projects - improving English at all levels (including leisure). My lesson structure is quite simple: first establishing what the student wants to achieve through these classes - age, experience, leisure or academic. After, looking at what skills are needed (if academic) to achieve the highest grade possible and meeting the syllabus.
I am a dedicated and enthusiastic teacher of Classics, Ancient History and English. I have two years of teaching experience and am now branching out to offer my services as a private tutor alongside my part-time teaching job. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach GCSE and A-level Classical Civilisation and Ancient History, as well as GCSE English.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Maths, English and Science at Primary (KS1 and KS2) level, as well as foundation subjects such as History and Geography. - Tell me about your qualifications. I am completing my PGCE (teacher training) at Southampton University, and will start a full time teaching job in September 2008.
My teaching method is picking apart the key aspects of a mark scheme/essay structure and identifying what the strengths and weaknesses of the student are. The key to my method is not just writing to a mark scheme, but also developing skills and a vocabulary suitable to make a great writer of any student.
Hello! I am a fully qualified teacher providing tutoring services for a range of subjects and ages. I am a patient, dedicated and ambitious practitioner that loves helping people surprise themselves with their abilities! - Which subject(s) do you teach? Having trained as a Primary Teacher working mainly in Junior schools, I tutor in KS2 Literacy and Numeracy.
- Classes We offer specialist small group tuition in Maths, English and exam coaching for SATS, 11+ and GCSE. Our class sizes are maximum 5 in any session with all children being individually planned for each week. English and Maths tuition is available from age 5 upwards.
- Classes We tutor English and maths to children in 80 minute lessons and in that time students do several activities. Some are computer based activities, but most use our unique Kip McGrath written curriculum resources. Each student follows their own personal lesson plan, developed by a qualified teacher, to address the concerns identified in the assessment.
- Classes HOW KUMON WORKS AT THE EASTLEIGH STUDY CENTRE I offer both Kumon English and Kumon maths at Eastleigh. The vast majority of children at Eastleigh study both programmes given that maths and English impact every other subject at school.
I approach English Literature teaching with an emphasis on close analysis. I believe the students excel when reading from the text outwards and developing strong skills of detailed reading always stands a student in good stead throughout their course. I compliment my lessons with contextual (historical, sociological) teaching and allow myself to be lead, in part, by a student's curiosity.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach all subjects at KS1 and KS2 and English and History at KS3 and KS4. - Tell me about your qualifications. I am a qualified teacher. I have been a primary teacher all my working life. From 1996 - 2007 I was a headteacher and I have been a successful home-tutor since then. - How much do you charge? My basic hourly charge is £20.
I believe the key to success in English is confidence. I have experience in quickly identifying learning styles and where the challenges lie. I then focus on developing confidence and ability in these specific areas. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I am experienced tutor in English & History from 11+ to A level. I also tutor Verbal Reasoning. - Tell me about your qualifications.
I enjoy helping young people to find that 'penny dropping' moment. Learning isn't easy for everyone, and my approach is to make learning enjoyable and really delve into where difficulties may lie. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach all primary subjects, but particularly enjoy teaching all aspects of English, including creative writing, spelling and handwriting.
I am a retired independent secondary school Head of English with 35 years' experience of teaching students from ages nine to nineteen. - Which subject(s) do you teach? English (Language and Literature) - Tell me about your qualifications. M.A.(Oxon) English Language and Literature Diploma in Specific Learning Difficulties - How much do you charge? £70 per hour, at my house or online.
Thousands of tutors can teach you School English,
find private lessons close to Salisbury.
Pick your own coach to help you learn school english. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in school english in Salisbury and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Salisbury by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.