I approach each topic by making mind maps, PowerPoints and flashcards to produce the basic points and then to create more detail over time. Lesson will last an hour, throughout that hour we will go through basic points of each topic then go into more depth via powerpoints and mindmaps.
I am a qualified primary school teacher (aged 4-11 years) with 18 years of teaching and senior management experience in school. I love teaching and believe that it should be fun and interesting. I offer tutoring for any age in all primary school subjects and English and History for KS 3 and 4 and adults.
Private language tutor for ESOL, Portuguese, English, French and Spanish to GCSE Level. Based in South Shields in Tyne & Wear, United Kingdom. I tutor children from 7 years old up to GCSE Level. I also tutor adults. Lessons are on a one-to-one or in a small group.
- Classes Standard Membership - - Up to 2 tuition sessions per week. - Mapped to the National Curriculum. - A maths and English course created for your child's individual needs. - Parent feedback at the end of every session. - Regular in-depth Parent Meetings to discuss your child's progress. - No booking required - attend at any time during our opening hours.
- Classes Children follow a programme, the starting point being determined by an initial assessment. The maths programme is pure maths - from number recognition to GCSE algebra. It includes topics such as shape, time, measurement, area/perimeter, series, etc. We will also help with applied topics as required. We can provide practice papers for school exams (KS1, KS2, GCSE).
- FREE half hour assessment - Work with a fully qualified teacher, (Ofsted registered). - Set your own specific, achievable targets. - Progress at your own pace. - Select session times to suits you. - See real, measurable progress. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Public speaking Voice and accent Interview and audition coaching Confidence building - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Classes Kumon offers after-school classes which run on a drop-in basis. Each child stays for about 30 minutes per subject. Learners have the option to attend the centre once or twice a week. Daily homework is set for the other days of the week. All work is set for each individual and there is no group teaching.
I can tailor your lessons to your learning style and help you meet your school targets, while making your lessons fun. We can work on basic skills to achieve small goals that will help you reach your potential. Learn, laugh, live your life.
My teaching level is from GCSE to A-Level standards. I teach lessons in blocks and focus on what the individual needs more support with as well as regular recaps on covered topics. I make lessons fun and useful and aim to achieve the indivdual's goal.
I am happy to teach ages 4- 16, I always take into consideration any areas that a student may be struggling with, and offer any support and guidance that I can. I try to make my lessons fun, engaging and approachable for the students.
- Classes Kumon students come to the Kumon centre up to twice per week for as long as it is required to complete their work for the day, this is usually about 30 minutes per subject. This will depend on their current needs, the difficulty of the work, and centre flow. On each programme, students start at their own, individually set, starting point and move through the levels at their own pace.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I currently teach both English Language and Literature. - Tell me about your qualifications. English Secondary PGCE from Durham University BA Hons English Literature and Linguistics (2:1) Durham University A Levels: English Language (A), English Literature (B), Textiles (B), General Studies (B); 9 GCSEs A*-B.
I have experience working in primary schools for twenty years. I look for the positives in learning and challenge my students with help, support and fairness. I am able to support creative writing as I am an aspiring writer in spare time. I can support, help with your work, teach the fundamentals that will make your work stand out.
I am very flexible as to what you would like to get out of the lessons and my teaching style can be based around the way that you learn the best. This can be through written or oral exercises, practice essays, going over grammar, etc. I am open to giving lessons via the internet.
Lessons are structured to be fun and interactive and Q&A used to assess understanding along the way. I’ve over ten years experience working with students in both schools and colleges from primary to A Level and supported students in their academic studies. Lessons are tailored to meet the needs of the individual and their learning style.
To help you accomplish and achieve. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English Literature (KS3, KS4, KS5 and University level) and Psychology (KS4, KS5 and University level). Alongside my tutoring commitments I also offer a writing, editing and proofreading service. Therefore, I can provide guidance and constructive criticism on your essay, dissertation or thesis.
I am a keen creative writer with a passion for English. I am looking to give lessons to anyone between primary and secondary school age in how to better structure their creative pieces, including stories, articles, reviews and more! The lessons will go over the most effective creative writing techniques and involve lots of practical work to get in the necessary practice.
I specialise in tailoring all of my classes around each student's individual needs - everyone requires something different! Before we work together I like to discuss exactly what it is you're hoping to get out of our sessions together, so no time is wasted in identifying a pupils needs.
I can teach English from primary through to Junior and anywhere up to Professional level. My English writing, reading and speaking is excellent having completed 2 Degrees in the UK from 1990-95. I am keen to learn students to write. speak and read English to Graduate Level.
One to one teaching and discussions using everyday, relatable topics that allow for social yet professional results that are evident within the first lesson
My teaching method is quite simple, both demonstration and discussion based. I text to focus mostly on subject areas my students aren't confident with to boost their knowledge and comfort on the subject, my teaching style can be based around the way that you learn the best.
My teaching method is both discussion and demonstration based. The lesson structure will be based on my students needs, starting with that they're weakest at.
I am a postgraduate of English Literature and History, graduating with a 2:1 in 2015, keen to provide personalised and enthusiastic teaching through a range of methods incorporating passion and fun. I have previous experience of a 6 week placement in a special needs school, plus tutoring struggling students through their GCSE's and A-Levels to achieve the results they want and deserve.
I base my classes around what the student needs to focus on and their referred learning style. All my classes are adapted to get the most from my students.
I assess each student individually, depending on ability. I teach through encouragement, patience and a willingness to further students' understanding.
The best approach to teaching is establishing clear communication between myself and the student in a relaxed atmosphere where there is no such thing as a stupid question. Repetition is the key to learning what I offer and I will be here to guide you every step of the way until you've mastered the skills you need.
My aim is always to work with students strengths and so when I begin working with an individual or a group I spend the first session (or couple of sessions, if necessary) looking at previous work or carrying out a few games and simple exercises to establish an understanding of what the student CAN do and their individual style of learning.
I explore each individual students strengths and weaknesses in my field of study and learn which method best supports their learning needs. I frequently do tests to see how far the student is coming along and focus on areas where they need improvement.
I tailor each lesson I give to each individual. I recognise that everyone learns differently and would spend at least one lesson getting to know how you learn. That being said I like to encourage discussion and questions within my lessons.
My teaching method is to make you relax and see that you are doing well! I am incredibly positive and know that it's difficult to learn something new and you are amazing for pushing what you know and getting a little extra boost. I am great at adapting lessons to your needs as well as responding to what you would like to do and creating resources to suit (which I always email!).
Thousands of tutors can teach you English,
find private lessons close to South Shields.
Pick your own coach to help you learn english. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in english in South Shields and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in South Shields by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.