Myself a PhD student at ISEM, Innovation Campus Uni Wollongong. Basically I am a chemical engineer with Nanotechnology and materials related background .I am currently doing my research in Lithium ion batteries bit more focused on material science. But I can handle all subjects related to physical and chemical sciences even with basic mathematics.
Had over 4 years of industrial experience in a chemical industry and 2 years of University teaching experience in tutoring Engineering and chemical science related topics. Also I previously did some part-time teaching in basic science subjects too during my bachelor degree. Also guided several bachelor projects and won several awards.
Master Degree in Operations Management
Master Degree in Nanotechnology & Material Science
Bachelors in Chemical Engineering
1. Ph.D Student( Enrolled on 11-07-2017)
Institute for Superconducting and Electronic Materials (ISEM)
School of School of Mechanical, Materials, Mechatronic and Biomedical Engineering
Innovation Campus, University of Wollongong
Thesis title: High-Energy-Density Positive Electrodes for Lithium-ion Batteries(Australian Research Council (ARC) Funded Project)
2. Assistant Professor
Dept. Of Chemical Engineering & Nanotechnology (July
Amal Jyothi College of Engineering, Kanjirappally
Kottayam, Kerala, India
Courses Handled: -
Chemical Reaction Engineering
Chemical Process Calculations
Nano Technology for Energy Conversion and Storage
Introduction to Nanotechnology
Laboratory sessions Handled: -
Fluid Flow Operations Lab
Chemical Technology Lab
Reaction Engineering and Process Control Lab
Nanomaterials for energy storage, Electrochemistry and Corrosion
Lead removal Using Hydroxyapatite from Egg Shell –Funded by College
Staff Coordinator of Entrepreneurship Development Cell- Staff Initiative (EDCSI)
Placement Cell (Department in Charge)
Departmental Website and Blog updates
3. Project Consultant (While working as Assistant Professor) (July 2015-June 2017)
(i) Consultant with English Indian Clays Limited Trivandrum (Sep 2015 to Dec 2015)
Worked as consultant for the project “Feasibility of converting sand from clay industry to foundry sand” and successfully conducted a Feasibility study at Amal Jyothi College of Engineering in collaboration with the Metallurgy department and handed over the results to the industry with in four months.
(ii) Consultant with Oushadhi (Pharmaceutical Corporation Kerala Ltd) (Dec 2016 to Feb 2017)
The objective of the study is to find out the reason behind the formation of suspensions one batch of their product ‘Dhanwantharam Thailam’ (a type of medicated oil). After a series of analysis, I was able to submit the results by February 2017. I had completed this work along with my colleague Dr.JoseVarghese Parambil.
(iii) Collaborative research program with Sewage Treatment Plant Muttathara, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala maintained by Govt. of Kerala (Jul 2016 to Oct 2016)
Conducted a Study of settling characteristics of activated sludge and its correlation to rheological behavior and submitted my suggestions within four months.
(iv) Consultant for Erumeli Gramapanchayath Kudumbasree Unit and Entrepreneurship Development Cell of Amal Jyothi College of Engineering for the manufacture of various detergent chemicals (Jul 2016 to June 2017)
4. Engineer-Production (Dec 2011- July 2015)
Binani Zinc Limited, Binanipuram, Kochi, India
• Process monitoring and control of extraction process in leaching plant
• Improving the yield of cathodic deposition of Zinc in electrolytic plant.
• Analyze the performance of different ore types by conducting mineralogy studies.
• Ensure manufacture of products as per schedule with effective shop floor supervision.
• Worked in shift wise ensuring the continuous operation of the casting section with minimal downtime
• Supervising and controlling smelter operations
• Conduct technical orientation to new employees and technical support to the entire workforce in the working plant.
• To observe trends of process parameters using SPC and SQC tools & to take corrective actions for the deviations to maintain quality & production targets.
• Conduct die-casted metal quality analysis using Optical Emission Spectrometer.
• Managing production documentation in Oracle software module by creating Daily, weekly, monthly production report, ware house requisitions.
• Conduct or supervise tests on raw materials or finished products to ensure their quality.
• Investigate and modify properties of metal alloys, using thermal and mechanical treatments.
• Analyzing all process related problems using tools like RCA, PDCA etc.
• Internal Auditor for ISO 9001,14001, OHSAS, IMS and SA8000.
5. Graduate Engineer Trainee
Kerala State Pollution Control Board (Aug-2011 to Dec-2011)
• Examining and Validating the waste treatment methods adopted by the units and ETP Design
• Checking the adequacy of biomedical waste handling methods in hospitals and pollution control methods adopted in Industries
• Air sampling monitoring and controlling
• Checking adequacy of EIA reports of Industries
• Noise Measurement and analyzing in various zones
• Stack Monitoring and checking the emission rate of industries
• Design of effluent treatment plant and biogas plant for hotels, hospitals. etc.
• Analysis of water samples
• Anoop Somanathan Pillai, Ranjusha Rajagopalan, Amruthalakshmi V, Jickson Joseph, Amrutha Ajay, Imran Shakir, Shantikumar V Nair, Avinash Balakrishnan Mesoscopic architectures of Co(OH)2 spheres with an extended array of microporous threads as pseudocapacitor electrode materials (Colloids and Surfaces A: Physiochemical and
Engineering Aspects, 2015, 470, 280-289) *
• Amruthalakshmi V, Ranjusha R, Anoop S S, Jickson J, Amrutha A, Shantikumar V Nair, Deepak M. S, Avinash Balakrishnan Synergetic influence of ex-situ camphoric carbon nano-grafting on lithium titanates for lithium ion capacitors (Journal of Energy Chemistry, 2015, 24, 337-345)
• Jickson Joseph, Ranjusha Rajagopalan, S S Anoop, V Amruthalakshmi, Amrutha Ajay, Shantikumar V Nair, Avinash Balakrishnan Shape tailored Ni3(NO3)2(OH)4 nano-flakes simulating 3-D bouquet-like structures for supercapacitors: exploring the effect of electrolytes on stability and performance. (RSC Advances, 2014, 4, (concealed information))
• Amrutha Ajay, Anjali Paravannoor, Jickson Joseph, Amruthalakshmi V, Anoop S S, Shantikumar V Nair, Avinash Balakrishnan 2 D amorphous frameworks of NiMoO4 for supercapacitors: Defining the role of surface and bulk controlled diffusion processes (Applied Surface Science, 2015, 326, 39-47)
• “Revamping of Aluminium furnace in Alloy plant” (Binani Zinc Limited - January 2014 – June 2014)
The main objective of this project to improve the efficiency of Aluminium furnace in the Alloy plant which is used to melt the Aluminium ingots for Alloy production. Through this project, I could able to replace the existing furnace in the Alloy making process with a new one that showed very high efficiency and significantly reduced the operating cost.
• “Zinc recovery from the electrolyte sludge” (Binani Zinc Limited) (November 2012 – April 2013)
This project was aimed to recover the Zinc from the disposed electrolytic sludge. By this work I could able to propose and implement a cost effective recovery method and recovered Zinc worth 16 lakh rupees.
• "Study of settling characteristics of activated sludge and its correlation to rheological behavior” (Amal Jyothi College of Engineering) (July 2016 – October 2016)
This project is done as a part of a collaborative research program with Sewage Treatment Plant Muttathara, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala maintained by Govt. of Kerala. The main objective was to study about the settling characteristics and rheological behavior of activated sludge and to propose different methods to enhance the sewage treatment plant efficiency.
• “Conversion of waste plastic to transport grade fuel” (Amal Jyothi College of Engineering) (Jan 2016 – present)
I had guided a team of four students to successfully develop a complete working model that converts the waste plastic directly into transport grade fuel. Further modifications and developments are under process. This project had won several prize as various competitions held at IIT Madras, IIT Guwahati, IIT Bombay and first prize of Manorama-Online Big Business idea contest organized by Malayala Manorama and South Indian Bank.
• “Mesoscopic architectures of Co(OH)2 spheres with an extended array of microporous threads as pseudo capacitor electrode materials” (Amrita Centre for Nanosciences and Molecular medicine) (Jul–2014 - Sep 2014)
Through this work I had synthesized α-cobalt hydroxide comprising of randomly arrayed nano strands in a three dimensional plane and shown high capacitance, surface area, cycling stability, low self-discharge, high rate capability which make them as a promising supercapacitor electrode material. This project work was done during my Master’s degree program and this work was published in an international journal.
• “Design of Heptane Column in Anone Plant” (Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore –Udyogamandal Division) (Nov 2010 -Jan 2011)
This project was done as a part of my Bachelor degree program where I had suggested a new design for the heptane column which maximize the removal of heavier fractions from the cyclohexane which is the product of Anone plant and raw material for the production of Caprolactum.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND SKILLS
• Lean manufacturing; Six Sigma, Kaizen, PDCA, Root Cause Analysis, 5S, Total Productive Maintenance(TPM), Control charts, Total Quality Management (TQM).
• Shop floor management.
• Selected as the best performer in the Quality Circle competition in Binani Zinc Limited.
• Expertise in Using MS Office tools, C++ and Java, basic knowledge and experience in PLC and SCADA operations.
• Coordinator of Entrepreneurship development cell- Staff initiative of department of Chemical Engineering where successfully formulated and manufactured new cleaning chemicals, products such as toilet cleaner, floor cleaner, fabric whitener, detergents etc. and successfully marketed to the entire college and its subsidiaries.
• ” Introduction to Refining Process” at Bharat Petroleum Corporation Kochi Refinery Oct- 2009 to Mar-2010
• “Behavior Based Safety” two-day certification programme at Binani Zinc Ltd from 10/12/2012 to 11/12/2012.
• ‘IOSH Managing Safely’ November 2012 –at Universal Safety Services Pvt limited
• Two week ‘Advanced Fire Fighting Training associated with the six-month training course at Bharath Petroleum Corporation Kochi Refinery.
• Certificate course in Oil and Gas Safety Management by Scientific & Technical Education Development Council of India from 05/09/2012 to 06/10/2012.
• Internal Safety Auditor IS 14489:1998 training at Binani Zinc Ltd 21/01/13to 22/01/2013
• HAZOP & Risk assessment Conducted by BPCL Kochi Refinery Training Centre associated with the six-month training course at Bharat Petroleum Corporation Kochi Refinery.
• 3 weeks Statutory Certificate Course in "Safety & Health for Supervisory personnel working in Hazardous Process Industries" Conducted by (DGFASLI) Under Ministry of Labour-Govt of India at Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore, Kochi from 07/05/2013 to 28/05/2013.
• NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety from 08/10/2012 to 09/11/2012
• One-week Short Term Training Programme on “Nanotechnology” at Government Engineering College Idukki from 14/12/2015 to 18/12/2015
• National Level 3 Day Staff Development Programme on Research Opportunities and Challenges in Advanced Materials and Manufacturing from 8 to 10 June 2016.
• National Programme on Technology. Enhanced learning at Amal Jyothi College of Engineering sponsored by IIT Madras, 1 day on 21-11- 2015.
• Learning Environments with Apple for education by Apple tech. on 09-12- 2015.
• Organized a demonstration program on waste treatment systems sponsored by Kerala State Council for Science Technology and Environment as part of National Technology Day celebration at Amal Jyothi college of Engineering on 11/05/2016.
• Organized an Entrepreneurship Development Programme for Kudumbasree unit of Erumeli Gramma Panchayat on 15/03/2016.
• Two day workshop on ‘Research Methodology, writing practices, language and soft skills’ hosted by Centre for Continuing Education(CCE) Amal Jyothi College of Engineering in coordination with Women Scientists Division(WSD) of The Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE) and Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) Kerala Section from 03/04/2017 to 04/04/2017.
MEMBERSHIP, AWARDS & CERTIFICATIONS
• Certified for National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) (United Kingdom).
• Life Associate Member of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers(IIChE) Membership No: LAM-60078
• Associate Member of The Institution of Engineers of India (IEI),Membership No: AM1718811.
• Certified for Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) (USA).
• Recipient of Scientific & Technical Education Development Council (STED Council). award of Oil and Gas Safety Management.
• Internal Safety Auditor IS 14489:1998
chemistry lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest thermodynamics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, electrochemistry lessons for all!
Taking chemical engineering lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|