My teaching methods are fun and informative. Allowing students to ask questions on areas they struggle with then focussing these around our sessions. Ensuring students are comfortable with the topic and can progress in regular tests at home ready for school
I am a student with many years of tutoring private from Primary levels to A levels. I have completed all academics up to date whilst in my final year studying at King's College London. I have been DBS checked and have a number of success rates with students gaining their grades from universities such as LSE. I ensure students progress well and monitor regularly.
My rates will vary depending on level of tuition required.
I am looking for the opportunity to broaden my skills, increase my knowledge and gain more advanced experience of working within a new environment. I am willing to learn new tasks; as part of a team or independently, I can also be taken out of my comfort zone to learn new responsibilities and challenge myself. I know myself to be able to adapt to different situations and learn new objectives. I am currently an undergraduate student at King’s College London.
o The ability to work as part of a team or use my own initiative
o To use ICT skills competently, i.e. Microsoft, Spreadsheet
o Manage my time-keeping efficiently
o Complete given tasks to a set deadline
o The ability to follow tasks precisely and successfully
o Gained a Level 2 youth work accreditation
o Gained ASDAN award in volunteering
o DBS Checked
o NCS Graduate
• Bright Network Consultancy Internship- With the current climate obtaining the existing work experience was impossible however, with the support of Bright Network I was able to participate within a virtual experience to gain new skills and even deliver work towards a project from the speakers invited. The internship provided further information, an insight to the consultancy sector and the opportunity to work with existing employees within the department. I was able to engage with key discussions and be apart of lectures that would help educate me in the working environment.
• World Youth Conference- As a fully funded invite from President Abdel Fattah El-SiSi. I was fortunate enough to travel to Egypt to be a part of various global conferences with ministers from all over the world. I was able to partake within conferences such as International Peace and Security with the President himself, alongside with ministers from Switzerland, EU and Saudi Arabia. I was also able to engage within an Artificial Intelligence conference that provided me with an insight to alternate reality and what the future could look like for us in the working world. This provided be a unique experience within the world of Social Science and more prominently Policy making. I hope to use what I learnt and discussed within my future career in that sector.
• London Eye- As a part of the Ride and Show team I was involved with visitors on a daily basis. Such a popular attraction meant remaining alert at all times and managing a large crowd of people. I was involved with helping people on and off the ride, answering questions, guiding tourists, scanning tickets and various other roles to enable full safety of visitors. I worked within a team and individually when told to do so by senior members of staff. I also took part in completing the manual and physical training to ensure complete safety was carried out throughout my time working for the attraction.
• Gateway KSA- Invited on behalf of His Royal Highness Prince Turki bin Faisal to Saudi Arabia, I was a part of a small group of students to seek experiences within the business quarter. Upon visiting headquarters of ARAMCO,KAPSARC and the KAUST, I was fortunate to experience a variety of job opportunities and engage within conferences with a number of leaders. This provided me with a clear insight of Saudi’s 2030 vision, their economic, social and political changes and how we are visitors can seek opportunities for job roles out there. I was able to participate in conversations that provided a great deal of information to develop my understanding and knowledge of opportunities that are out there.
• King’s College London- As a student ambassador I work with peers to attend higher education fairs to share information about the university, admissions, courses etc. I also work on open days to show parents and young people the university campus and answer any further questions they may have. This has allowed me to become more confident within speaking to new people and also adapt to situations accordingly. The role requires a friendly face yet someone who is confident in what they are talking about in order to maintain a trusting relationship.
Tiffany & Co- As a sales advisor, I gained key skills in working with a high end brand and delivering an unforgettable experience. I learnt many things from a brand where the customer’s experience is the pivotal point in ensuring the value for the product and brand is maintained. I was able to receive training that taught me how delivering a memorable service concludes to a repeating customer allowing them to grow love for the brand. I gathered numerous skills, teaching me that being passionate about what you work for reflects a positive image. I was able to adapt quickly when having to work in a flagship store during the busy Christmas period.
• National Service Centre- As Senior Mentor I was looking after a large group of 15-17 Year old’s over the course of their experience. This involved a variety of different responsibilities. Ensuring the wellbeing and safety was maintained alongside the nature of delivering a curriculum to help them outside their academic studies which was a substantial aspect of the job role. I worked closely with a variety of different partners throughout the programme allowing me to adapt my working styles where appropriate. I gained a large number of skills throughout this programme which will enable me to work effectively within new environments with different challenges that arise each day.
• New Look- Within New Look I worked in various different zones of the shop. The store is extremely busy meaning I had to ensure that I was able to work quickly, adapt to any given role to ensure the customer had the best experience. This included serving customers, taking payments, completing returns/exchanges, making orders or checking the stock room for the customer. On top of this I would often maintain the standards within the store ensuring it is presentable and kept tidy. The role required persistence, initiative and admiration.
• Primark- Sales advisor within Primark including the busiest period over Christmas. I was able to adapt to a new environment quickly whilst maintaining a good rapport with colleagues and customers. I was able to use my initiative in difficult situations and often praised for my customer service. My role varied from stocking shelves, completing returns, fitting room along with my main role which was on tills. Front facing new customer each day and handling money within an intense, extremely busy period. The role required persistence, dedication and positivity. I was able to maintain various different responsibilities along what I was assigned to do. An enjoyable retail experience.
• Dudley Youth Service- over the years I have been involved in various activities that have helped the local community. I have been given amazing opportunities which have included being on interview panels for Safe-guarding protection offices being the only young person on the panel it was an intimidating and nerve-wracking job however I did my best for this up-most important role for the young people of Dudley. I have also been involved in funding panels where projects would apply and then attended an interview to sell their project to us and we decided whether or not their project would benefit the community and then whether to fund it or not. I have also been involved in national projects and conventions with British Youth Council which has involved meeting and working with different people from different backgrounds and those of a higher profession. The voluntary experience has helped me develop confidence and made me the hardworking individual I am today.
• Barclays Operation Centre- I was given the opportunity to work with Barclays within their Processing Centre at One Snow Hill. Here I was shown a range of programs online which they used to process data and valid information regarding the processes of funding. I worked closely with the postal team who would manage any valuable data by carrying out all the necessary checks before dispatching the postal orders to the relevant services. I was also given the opportunity to work alongside the call desk where people would contact to enquire about queries they had regarding the service the business request they and sent in. This allowed me to gain new skills regarding how to approach dissatisfied customers or general public who had questions they required assistance with. I was able to become more confident speaking to people on the phone and directing them to the correct service for guidance.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, test prep lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£70||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£140||£150|