I am looking to teach maths to students from primary school up to GCSE level. I am very friendly and supportive to my students and aim to provide lessons that lay down a basis knowledge and leave room for my students to challenge themselves within their capabilities. I use checklists to gauge which topics my students have covered and which topics they feel less confident in. To monitor progress, I use resources such as warm up exercises and recap exercises, though I do believe in taking a flexible approach to my teaching style and adapting my lessons to fit the needs of my tutees. I aim to cover more than one topic during a session, as research suggests that this is a more effective way to learn. My approach is very much practice-based and I provide both worked examples we go through together, and independent practice questions (but of course I can help with these too).
I am a psychology student at Newcastle university. I have an A* in GCSE maths and further maths and an A in A Level mathematics. I have completed previous work experience in both primary and secondary schools (where I helped a year 9 maths class) and have volunteered with Action Tutoring where I led sessions with 3 year 11 students covering both basic and advanced topics. I’ve done 8 lessons with a regular student and also work on another tutoring website giving one-off lessons.
Lessons must be cancelled 24 hours before the lesson BEGINS else there will be a cancellation fee of £5
I am in my first year studying psychology at Newcastle University, hoping to eventually pursue a career in research and lecturing
● I have a respectful and friendly nature and an enthusiasm for helping others
● I am very dedicated and hard-working and will give every task I am given my full effort.
● I have an approachable and cooperative personality that makes me easy to work with and allows students to feel as if they can be honest about what they want from me as a tutor
● I am very organised, reliable and professional.
● I am observant, perceptive and very empathetic.
● I write to an excellent standard.
● I work well with children and young people.
Sixth form education (2016 –2018):
I studied at Cockermouth Sixth Form where I achieved the following A Levels
● Health & Social Care - A
● Mathematics – A
● Psychology - A
Secondary school education (2011-2016):
I studied at St. Joseph’s Catholic High School and achieved the following GCSE results:
● Business Studies – A
● Child Development – A*
● English Language – A
● English Literature – A
● Geography – A
● Mathematics – A*
● Further Mathematics – A*
● Music – A
● Religious Studies – A*
● Triple Science – AAB
Relevant employment history:
From April to September 2018, I worked as a recreation assistant in an indoor climbing and caving arena where I developed communication skills, learned how to lead groups and individuals, and gained experience in safeguarding and working with children and young people.
● I have done work experience tutoring GCSE mathematics in a year 9 class.
● I was Deputy Head Boy and a Prefect in Year 11 (Academic year 2015-2016). As part of this, I helped to organise the prom (listening to student requests) and the school leavers’ assembly.
● I was the Teaching and Learning Representative in my Sixth Form Management Group where I worked with senior staff to design research into how to improve communication between teachers and students.
● I took part in an Accelerated Reader course between 2016 to 2017, where I helped a child to develop his reading skills.
● I have volunteered with Action Tutoring where I tutor GCSE maths. I plan to do this again in future
● I hold an enhanced DBS certificate from my time as a recreation assistant.
Perfect! I’m extremely impressed with progress my daughter has made in her maths with Daniel. Prior to Daniel, she though she was no good at maths, lost her confidence and was disappointed with the results of her last test. Now, her confidence has returned with a 100% pass rate on her most recent maths test (highest class score) She's now back in the mind set that she can achieve anything. I initially arranged a block set of lessons with Daniel; however, it’s worked out so well for my daughter that we have kept on going with the maths lessons and will continue to do so. He really is an excellent maths tutor.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||£70||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||£140||£100|