I can teach English to all ages and I adapt my lessons to my students depending on their strengths and weaknesses. My students are given resources to help them succeed and I am able to push my students to fulfil their full potential.
I am a qualified teacher in Primary Education and I specialise in teaching English as a foreign language. I have taught abroad English to a variety of ages and I am able to adapt my lessons to each student.
A self-motivated and organised law graduate with a drive to succeed. Extensive exposure to customer service roles and teaching/mentoring. Solid understanding of customer relations and establishing good relationships. Passion for creative writing, able to develop rich and engaging content. First class communication skills with the ability to express ideas in a concise manner. Able to use own initiative and work as part of a team under pressure to meet challenging deadlines/objectives.
Observing Teaching Practices, The Brooklyn New School, March 2018
• This placement was part of my PGCE course which required me to travel to, and stay in, New York City, experiencing a new type of school which would allow us to compare our current school system. The school demonstrated a variety of different practices that are not present in the UK, such as no form of assessment, a heavy emphasis on the child freedom in regards to work completion, and no standardised behaviour policy.
Teaching Assistant, Sparrow Farm Infant School, February 2017 – July 2017
• My job here was to assist in Reception and help the class teacher. My duties included helping set up the classroom, conducting intervention groups, behaviour management of the class and supporting the class teacher with collecting evidence for the children’s files. Having this experience in early years has enabled me to understand how children develop in school right at the beginning, and it was a good insight into teaching and managing early years.
Teaching Assistant, The New North Academy, September 2016 – February 2017
• At this school I was the 1:1 for a Year 3 child who had behavioural difficulties and my role was to support her in the classroom and to ensure that she was making the right choices. I did friendship and social skills classes with her and other children three times a week, which I planned to help her integrate into school and aid her with making appropriate interactions. The last two months at the school I was with a child in Year 5 who had EAL and global delay. I planned phonics lessons with her along with basic maths, using tools to assess her needs and giving her appropriate separate lessons due to her normal class being too challenging for her.
My other duties included teaching small intervention groups outside the class, aiding the teacher with marking and providing additional support to the low attainers in the class.
Teacher, Rooz Language Academy, 2010 – Present
•On summer family holidays I teach English in Iran to young children. When at the school I teach a variety of ages ranging from 4 – 18 different levels of English. I evaluate their level of knowledge and create content based on their current ability. The majority of the time I lead the class and occasionally I participate in private tutoring.
Sales Adviser, WorldStores, February 2016 – July 2016
• This was an office-based role where I answered product queries and took orders. I managed large quotes from companies and dealt with a wide-range of customers.
Nanny, Private Home, 2012 – 2016
• I worked part-time (weekends) as a nanny to a four-year-old girl. I aided the child with her education and daily needs. This job required patience, stability and structure.
O2 Insurance Adviser, The Listening Company, January – August 2010
• Working at this company also increased my administration and computer handling skills.
Charity Fundraiser, Pell & Bales, December 2008 – January 2009
• I learned to communicate with the customers in a friendly, approachable manner so they would feel comfortable with giving personal information over the phone. I also had to deal with negative people and I was taught to deal with them in a calm, appropriate way.
Conservationist Volunteer, Elephant Nature Park (Bot Saa Chang) Koh Chang, Thailand, January 2015
• A relatively recent non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the living conditions of elephants.
• On my year abroad I volunteered at an elephant sanctuary dedicated to the rehabilitation of abused and mistreated elephants. We were tasked with caring for them, nurturing their playfulness through games and mental exercises to keep them busy.
Volunteer, Dogs’ Refuge Home, Perth, Australia, April – June 2015
• A not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the rescue, care and re-homing of dogs.
• While I carried out full-time employment on my travels I volunteered on the side to help with the day-to-day care of the rescue dogs. My duties included walking the dogs, feeding, cleaning and keeping them entertained and happy.
UCL, Institute of Education, 2017-2018
PGCE Primary (currently completing)
Nottingham Law School, 2011-2014
LLB Law with Criminology, (High 2:1)
Studied a broad range of courses within the Nottingham Law School, alongside criminology subjects. Developed an ability to undertake self-managed studies, planning and organising time effectively to meet deadlines. Graduating in Law has enabled me to develop my communication skills, problem solving ability, personal initiative in tasks and teamwork.
Richmond upon Thames College, London, 2008-2011
• A Levels: 3 A
Lampton School, London, 2007-2008
• GCSEs: 8 A*
• Exercise and Nutrition
• Personal Development and Education
• Social Media
• Blogging (I created and managed my own blog on Wordpress while I was travelling for 18 months)
• Creative Writing
Proficient in the areas of Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Linux and Mac OS.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
I worked with Rose at the school she worked at and she is a professional with a good work ethic. Her knowledge is excellent, and she provides effective, well structured lessons.
She is friendly and approachable, and a lovely person to work with!
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|