Using evidenced based interventions and data to track student progress and identify student need. I intend to provide lessons for students of all ages. Lesson usually revolved around completing reading, writing and math activities, and then administering short assessments towards the end of the lesson to double check progress.
I am a school psychologist with a Master's degree, and Education Specialist Degree. I have worked in schools internationally for 8 years. Teaching students of all ages, of all abilities and of all backgrounds. Students that I have worked with have seen significant gains in reading, writing, and math.
Education Specialist in School Psychology: Loyola University Chicago, GPA 4.0 2017
Master of Education in Educational Psychology: Loyola University Chicago, GPA 4.0 2015
Bachelor of Science in Psychology: University of Birmingham, 2.1 (Hons) 2010
School Psychologist: Community Consolidated School District 59, Illinois 2017- 2018
• Wrote psychological reports as part of special education eligibility
• Collected and aggregated data to evaluate student progress in middle school special education programs
• Provided crisis counseling for school youth with suicidal ideation
• Provided individual and group counseling services
• Collaborated with teachers and social workers to provide behavioral, academic, and social emotional classroom interventions
• Administered, scored and interpreted cognitive assessments
• Scored and interpreted Autism, executive functioning, adaptive, and social emotional rating scales
• Consulted with teachers, parents and outside service providers to coordinate supports for students
• Researched and collaborated with school staff on implementing a vocational life skills curriculum
• Provided evidence based academic interventions for students with specific learning disabilities and traumatic brain injuries.
• Assessed student eligibility for special education services in compliance with special education legislation
• Wrote IEP paperwork
• Facilitated and acted as the Local Education Authority for IEP meetings.
• Conducted classroom observations
• Conducted parent, student and teacher interviews
• Maintained accurate records for special education students
• Completed evaluations for 504 plans
• Monitored student and program academic progress using FastBridge
• Collaborated with social workers, special education teachers, speech pathologists and administration during team meetings
School Psychology Intern: River Forest School District 90, Illinois 2016-2017
• Facilitated and participated in domain, IEP, 504, problem solving, and IEP annual review team meetings
• Administered, scored, and interpreted academic and cognitive testing
• Analyzed student data and generated reports using Q-global, and PARiConnect
• Scored and interpreted behavior rating scales
• Completed initial evaluations and revaluations for middle school students
• Wrote psychological reports and sections of IEP paperwork using the FileMaker system
• Administered and scored M-CAP, M-COMP, R-CBM, and MAZE probes for academic benchmarking using AIMSweb
• Collaborated and consulted with teachers and school staff to implement behavior plans and push-in academic supports
• Developed and led group counseling sessions for students while monitoring student progress
• Created and presented presentations for parents at Special Education Advisory meetings
• 20 day rotation with Lyons Township High school
• Wrote record reviews and completed eligibility paperwork using Infinite Campus and PowerIEP.
School Psychology Practicum Student: Chicago Public Schools, Chicago 2015- 2016
• Assessed students’ math and reading progress using curriculum-based measurement
• Planned and conducted math and reading interventions using data-based decision making
• Implemented and interpreted achievement, aptitude, and rating scale measures
• Reported out at IEP meetings to school staff and parents
• Co-facilitated group and individual counseling sessions for students
• Collaborated with school staff on academic interventions and student behavior
• Completed record reviews and clinical interviews
• Conducted BOSS, functional, and narrative classroom observations
Volunteer MTSS Implementation Team Member: Brighton Park Elementary, Chicago 2014-2015
English/ Reading Tutor: Hello England, London, England. 2014
English Teacher: ECC, Tokyo, Japan. 2013
Kindergarten Teacher: CLI, Tokyo, Japan. 2010-2013
Intern Media Data Analyst: Adjust Your Set, London, England. 2014
Volunteer Mental Health Support Worker: Mind, Northampton, England. 2008-2010
AFFILIATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• Membership (NASP/ISPA)
• Anger Coping Counseling
• Complying with FOID Act reporting: Ethics and Law
• Psychological Report Writing
• Crisis Prevention Institute
• Mindfulness Counseling
• Tough Kids Cool Counseling
• Mental Health First Aider
• Conducting FBA’s/ BIP’s.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£23|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£115|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£230|