I teach from Primary to GCSE level. I am willing and able to give tuition for those seeking in Maths or Economics. I will dedicate my time to ensure that your child gets the grade they deserve by keeping a track record and pinpointing their strengths and weaknesses through exams. I will teach them further than they are taught at school so during school time the lessons will become easier for them. If they need particular help on a subject, then I will provide the resources, offering them a series of activities to improve on their chosen topic. The first section of the lesson will be a reflection on what they have previously learnt. I will keep a track of their personal progress and highlight any areas that is needed for improvement. This will maximise their potential for success.
I have been giving lessons for three years. I myself have been tutored from a young age and have found the weakness in the way people tutor. Through this, I incorporate their areas of improvement into the way I teach so lessons can become engaging, memorable and proactive.
PRIMARY LEVEL KS1 - £15 P/H
PRIMARY LEVEL KS2 - £17.50
SECONDARY LEVEL KS3 - £20
SECONDARY LEVEL KS4 - £23
FOR 5 HOURS - 4% OFF PRICES
FOR 10 HOURS - 8% OFF PRICES
A highly determined and hard-working individual, who has recently completed their GCSEs, predicted to receive excellent grades, having done the English Baccalaureate. Willing and able to seek a profession in teaching, marketing or the financial industry to build upon a keen mathematical and economic interest and begin a career as an employee around any of these fields.
Financially minded, with a methodical approach to working and an eagerness to learn and develop personal skills in a practical setting. Eventual career goal is to become a fully qualified and experienced, with the longer-term aspiration of obtaining a profession that focuses on the breadth of these subjects.
• Advanced problem solving and numeracy skills
• Accomplished communication skills, both written and verbal, developed through numerous essays and presentations given during my time at school
• Ability to take the initiative and work well under pressure, ensuring strict deadlines are met, as successfully demonstrated during work experience placement project
• Flexibility, whilst maintaining enthusiasm and commitment to each project
• Proficiency in most areas of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint, upon completion of BCS Level 2 ECDL (Distinction*)
• Ability to transfer the same skills when faced in different settings
• Ability to work co-operatively with optimism and creativity
• Having the adaptability and tenacity when faced with problems and opted to find solutions
• A loyal and trustworthy candidate; a person that is reliable and can depend on
The City Academy Hackney
(2015 – 2017)
• 9 GCSEs, predicted grades A*-A, including Further Mathematics, Triple Award Science, Economics and Computer Science
• 3 GCSEs, predicted grades 7 to 9, including Mathematics
Skills and Achievements
• Student Council – Year 7 and Year 11
• Behaviour Mentor – Year 10
• Prefect – Year 10
• Academic Peer Mentor – Year 11
• John Muir Award
Teaching Assistant, Rise Academy, Homerton Row, Hackney, London E9 6EA
(February 2016 – Present)
• Assisting and accompanying a class of 20 in Qur’an and Islamic Studies
• Making sure student are well behaved, following the rules of the institution
• Attending meetings for appraisals and identifying problems or areas of improvement to ensure the well being of the students and the teachers
• Managing efficiently and keeping track of students’ progress through provision in classwork and homework
Private Tutor, Independent
(September 2016 – Present)
• Helped establish key areas of weakness and devised a plan to counter the problems
• Demonstrated resilience and ability to meet the child’s need, maintaining responsibility
• Significantly improved child’s ability to learn and comprehend, as they now have a better understanding initially on topics they were previously weak at
Student, KPMG, 15 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5GL (Unpaid Work Experience)
- Business Project
• Awareness of business opportunities by researching the marketplace
• Improvement on presentation skills by making an impact, by presenting ideas to a group of senior KPMG officials
• Demonstrating innovation and curiosity by looking at creative solutions
- Business Pitch Challenge
• Exercising professional judgement by ensuring that points are backed up with evidence
• Driving collaboration and inclusion by working in teams
• Resilience was present by responding well to questions from the panel which signifies reaction under pressure
• Being able to deliver quality by observing the kind of work that you would need to produce in a professional environment
• Career motivation by seeing the different areas of business, strengthening my future decisions
- Gained knowledge in the areas of Tax and Pensions, Audit and Advisory
Hobbies & Interests
Over the past six years, I have had an interest in playing table tennis and managed to display my interest by going to extracurricular activities like playing in the school table tennis team. During this time, I have improved my techniques in table tennis. My teachers recognised this and I played in inter-school competitions. In my spare time, I like to play chess with my friends to help me think strategically.
During this time I also like to research and explore the things around me. For example, I like taking things apart and see how each piece is significant and this fascinates me. This applies mainly in Computing when I comparatively research on the best hardware and software given the budget and resources available, it helps me think critically and logically as I apply a systematic approach when coming to a solution.
Objectives & Ambitions
At the end of a profession I would like to evaluate on the experience I have gone through and take in the key skills I have learnt. This is useful and it will be essential when I have to apply the skills in a different situation which may indicate initiative. I will try my best, dedicating enough time to maximise my potential in getting a job that has a good relationship with the locals, that holds values which makes them significant from others; I will be able to work compliantly with others to ensure that the work is done on time.
References are available on request.
Excellent, thorough, well taught, reflective and evaluative.
He always knows what to do if you are in a dilemma. He is very smart and all round a good man.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£23||£23||Not available|
|5 hours||£110||£110||Not available|
|10 hours||£200||£200||Not available|