The aspect of work that most distinguishes the top students from the rest is the number of past questions they complete. For this reason my classes general follow a pattern of me teaching for around a third of our time, completing questions based on that topic for the next third and then completing questions on topics previously encountered for the final third. This last point is crucial to reinforce students learning in lessons already given.
I have just completed my second year of a four year theoretical physics degree at Imperial College. I achieved top grades at both GCSE and A-level in Maths and Science and have been teaching classes of GCSE and KS3 Maths/Science since the start of this academic year.
Imperial College London
BSc in Physics with Theoretical Physics October 2016-June 2019
• Achieved 2:1 (68.2%) in Year 1
Steyning Sixth-Form College 2014-2016
• 4A* grades, A2 level (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Further Mathematics)
• Achieved 100 UMS in 5/12 Maths exams
• 5A grades, AS level (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Further Mathematics, Biology)
Steyning Grammar School 2011-2014
• 6A* grades, 4A grades, 3B grades.
LEADERSHIP, BUSINESS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Imperial Skydiving Society London
Treasurer July 2017 – Present
• Manage a budget of over £6000 and make critical decisions on what the club’s budget can be spent on.
• Exhibit self control to see the longer term picture and how any money spent in the short term will affect the club’s position later on.
• Utilized my presentation and public speaking skills to deliver an engaging speech to be elected for this position.
Imperial immortals London
Starting Quarterback September 2017-Present
• Dedicate time to researching our opponents and adapting to their style of play. To do this while keeping up with my other commitments requires disciplined time management abilities.
• Spend a lot of extra time outside of practice to show individual interest in my teammates, by gaining their respect they fight harder for me when it matters.
• Successful executing a play, whether it’s a throw or a run, relies on my ability to make, effective, split second decisions in the face of heavy pressure.
Phi Tuition London
Tutor January 2018 - Present
• Teaching GCSE and KS3 classes in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology
• Modify resources and explanations of concepts to meet the individual needs of each member of the class.
INTERESTS, SKILLS & AWARDS
• Researching the markets and keeping up with current movements. In addition, I invest my own money when I feel there is a good opportunity to do so.
• Intermediate knowledge of coding in Python. Completed projects simulating the phenomenon of gravitational lensing and to study the behavior of a probe orbiting Mars.
• Harvard Book Award for being the highest achieving pupil in my year at A-level.
• 2nd highest achieving pupil in my county for A-level.
References available upon request
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£23||£23|