I love being creative, and give learners a type of knowledge that is going to be useful in a real context. Additionally, I love to create a type of lesson that motivates the student to be autonomous and curious to continue working in building up their knowledge.
My name is Daniel López. I am a very passionate and creative teacher (English & Spanish) I have experience in different contexts and backgrounds (Teaching teenagers, and University students) I feel very lucky in the sense that I really love what I do. I love teaching!!
I hold a Ba degree on TEFL (English Language Teaching), and and a Ma degree on TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) at University of Leicester, England. Additionally, I must mention that I am strongly influenced by the CLT approach and critical thinking models. In other words, I consider that teaching a language must focus not only in grammar and vocabulary but also in communication and interaction. Therefore, speaking, pronunciation, and everything related to the phonological aspect of languages is my interest.
Additionally, I would like to outstand the fact that I always work with clear purposes and organized lesson plans, and usually I create my own material in order to achieve specific purposes during the lesson, and because this allows me to be creative and accommodate any topic to your needs and interests.
If you need any tutoring in this field, do not hesitate in contacting me!
Have a great day.
Aug/2014 – Jun/2017 Foreign Language Institute (ILEX) for higher education. Universidad Tecnológica de Pereira.
• English educator of university students who must obtain certain level of English language proficiency as a graduation requirement.
Feb/2013 – Dec/2015 CRISOL Corporation. Bird Watching program based on Content Language Integrated Learning (CLIL).
• English educator in CRISOL corporation which provides language education to vulnerable communities to strengthen their English language abilities beneficial to make them competitive in the field of ecotourism and bird watching programs.
Feb/2012 – Dec/2013 CRISOL Corporation. English language teaching program for teenagers.
• English educator of teenagers in a vulnerable community, with the objective of reaching outstanding language standards enabling them to pursuit professional programs in higher education.
Related working experience
Oct/2017 -- to present Student Ambassador of the English Language Teaching Unit (ELTU), University of Leicester, UK.
• Developing extracurricular activities (English clubs, Movie discussions, games afternoons) and events (UK tours, cultural exchange events) with students who are taking English courses before being enrolled in a program at University of Leicester.
Feb 20 – Feb 25/2017 Leadership and Innovation Programme. British Council. Norwich, UK.
• Scholarship awarded by the British council to travel to UK, to receive training by NILE (Norwich Institute for Language Education) regarding project management on language education.
Oct/2016 – Jun/2017 Secretary and one of the coordinators of CLEA (Colombian Leaders ELT Association), British Council. Colombia
• Setting up agendas and minutes, coordinating and organizing different tasks (webinars, conferences) with ELT leaders around Colombia, in order to create a network to learn, reflect and discuss around the language teaching field.
June/2016 – July/2016 Volunteer at Hage-Hogan Basketball summer camp. Brockport, New York.
• Basketball and physical education coach at a summer camp that aimed to promote sports and healthy life style on elementary and middle school students of Brockport Highschool. NY.
Languages: Spanish: Native
English: TOEFL C1 (March 25/2017)
IELTS C1 (May 20/2017)
Software: Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher)
Photoshop, Corel Draw, video making and edition
Perfect! Absolutely loved my lesson with Daniel! He is very easy to get along with and I feel very comfortable working with him. I feel at ease and am able to explore and develop. Daniel had excellent exercises prepared, which not only helped him assess where I was at and what needed improving, but also allowed me to better understand the direction in which I need to be going and steps I need to take in order to get there. All in all a fantastic lesson and great tutor, with lessons perfectly tailored to what the tutee is looking to gain from the experience. Looking forward to my next class!
Very attentive lady. Willing to take part on the activities suggested, and motivated to keep on learning and improving her language for her personal purposes.
For me, Daniel is an excellent teacher, who knows how to share his knowledge casually. I understood everything he explained (especially concerning English grammar) and really liked his patient, easy-to-understand manner.
He has amazing methodologies to teach. I learned a lot.
Daniel is such a passionate teacher. He really has strong knowledge about what he is teaching. I trully recommend him!!
I liked and enjoyed Daniels classes. I really recommend him.
Daniel es un excelente profesor, me ha ayudado con mi aprendizaje del Inglés. Es muy dinamico y divertido. Lo recomiendo sin lugar a duda!!
Daniel helped me a lot to improve my writing skills for my essays and parts of my dissertation. He is very patient and detailed with the corrections and feedback. I recommend him with no doubt!
Daniel is a great teacher. He has excelent dynamics to teach pronunciation. I really learnt a lot with him!
english literature lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest creative writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, redaction lessons for all!
Taking resume - cover letter’s writing prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|