I am comfortable teaching upto the A-level standard. I usually start my lessons with making sure you understand the concepts needed and explaining what their mathematical and physical meaning is. I then move on to solving questions. The questions are usually divided into different types depending on the methods required to solve them. I would first solve a few sample questions for you and then ask you to solve some yourself. The harder questions are ones we would usually tackle together. And of course I would leave you with some questions to solve later on when i'm not around and go through these the next time we meet.
Hey, I am a 2nd year physics student from Imperial College London. I am originally from Delhi, India. I have studied through the Indian board of education. The syllabus was very similar to A-levels and GCSEs and was in fact slightly more in depth, therefore I'd be able to help you understand the topics in depth. I have taught kids for their GCSE equivalents back in Delhi but this is my first time tutoring in the UK. I am also a Rubik's cube enthusiast in case you ever need help solving one.
Email: (concealed information)
Mobile: +(concealed information)67
Imperial College London(2017-Present)
1st Year - Overall- 2:1
2nd Year- Ongoing.
The Shri Ram School Moulsari, India (2011-2017)
Indian School Certificate (Equivalent to A-Levels): Mathematics-99%, English-92%, Physics-96%, Chemistry-93%, Economics-84%.
Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (Equivalent to GCSE): Mathematics-97%, English-92%, Science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology)- 97%, Social Studies- 98%, Commercial Application-98% and Hindi-94%.
Intern, Delta Pure and Uniqflux Membranes LLP (June 15-July 15)
• Collected and tabulated data from Industrial Reverse Osmosis plants in Delhi where Uniqflux membranes were installed.
• Analysed the data and gave a comprehensive report on the working of each membrane.
Intern, The Research and Energy Institue (July 18-August 18)
• Wrote report on the use of solar technology in agriculture in the states of Punjab, Rajasthan and Haryana.
Providing Clean Drinking Water to 200 families
• My friend and I worked with an NGO called “Project Why” in a slum called Madanpur Khadar in Delhi.
• We educated the children at the NGO about sanitation and health.
• We also raised Rs. 100,000 (1500 GBP) to install a three-part water purifier at the NGO to provide potable water to the 200 families of the children at the NGO.
• Leadership- Can lead a team and take tough decisions due to my experience as captain of the football team and Head Boy of my school
• Public Speaking- Can speak confidently and clearly in public as it was a large part of my job as Head Boy.
• Team Work- Can work together with people from different cultural backgrounds due to my experience in a cultural exchange programme to Copenhagen.
• Python- Can use python for data analysis.
Interests and Achievements
Head Boy (2016-17)
• Managed the working of each member of the student council.
• Organised and Hosted all events in school.
• Took care of student complaints.
• Finalist at the University of Bristol Pro-am competition 2017.
• Participated at the School of Oriental and African Studies IV 2017, Inner Temple IV 2017, Manchester IV 2018 and the UCL Pan-London completion.
• Member of the Imperial Debate Society.
Shri Physics Conclave (2016)
• Was the Master of Ceremonies at one of the largest physics conclaves for schools in India.
• I also participated in a panel discussion about the Higgs Boson Particle and Gravitational Waves, which included eminent scientists such as Dr. Archana Sharma from CERN and Dr. Patrick Das Gupta of DU.
CERN Beamline for Schools Competition (2016)
• Our team designed an experiment that could be performed at the proton synchrotron in CERN.
• We devised a way to reduce the collateral damage that happens during radiation therapy to kill cancerous tumours.
National Anveshika Experimental Skill Test- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (2016)
• Won 3rd place at the state level out of the 400 students that participated.
• This competition tested our experimental skills in the subject of physics.
"Prove It"- a scientific debate (2016)
• We had to prove or disprove a scientific hypothesis that was given to us on the spot.
• I along with my teammate was awarded 1st place.
• Participated at the ASISC National Football Championship (2013,2014 and 2015)
• Captained the school team from (2010-2016)
• Won first position at the Modern Stock Exchange, a simulated stock exchange for school students.
• Won first position at Drachma Dilemma a competition organised by Sanskriti School, where each school was given a Greek company and had to get it through the Greek crisis.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£10||Not available||£10|
|5 hours||£45||Not available||£50|
|10 hours||£90||Not available||£100|