I strongly appreciate the value of understanding when it comes to the content. I dislike most forms of ROTE learning, and prefer to target the basis of knowledge-building.
1. At the start of each lesson I often test my students on the teachings of the previous week to cement their learning.
2. I like to prepare notes for them to help guide them through the content and underpin their understanding, and continue the lessons by running through these and developing ideas to ensure they know the content.
3. I then move on to clarification, in which my students ask more questions, before presenting them with problems to work through in increasing difficulty.
I find this lesson structure to be particularly effective, and as long as my students are diligent enough to do some practice between, they find it extremely beneficial.
I am a student at the London School of Economics (LSE) studying a BSc in Mathematics and Economics. I completed high school in 2017 with a score of 44/45 in the International Baccalaureate (HL Maths, Physics & Economics, SL Chemistry, English & Chinese).
During my year off I tutored 6 students in maths and physics at a range of levels, from grade 9 math to IB HL Mathematics. All of my students experienced great improvement, with one going from the bottom of his class in his exam (achieving 50%) to the top of his class by the end of the year (average 80-90% in tests). I understand how the mind of a student works, and what I need to do to ensure that they achieve the best understanding possible.
- IB Diploma - HL Mathematics (7/7), Physics (7/7) & Economics (7/7), SL Chemistry (7/7), English (7/7) & Chinese (6/7)
- Prince Alfred College Dux of School 2017
- Year 12 Mathematics Prize
- BSc in Mathematics and Economics at LSE (ongoing)
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£17||£12|
|5 hours||Not available||£80||£60|
|10 hours||Not available||£150||£120|