I approach each topic by ensuring that there is a complete understanding and appreciation of the topic as whole even if it requires background knowledge, then solving some textbook questions and ultimately solving past questions
I am an undergraduate student studying chemical engineering. I have just completed my first year of university. I know how challenging preparing for your GCSE and A level can be having recently completed my A levels. I have been tutoring my nephew who is preparing for his GCSE and his chemistry grade has improved massively from a C to an A .
I am a motivated and reliable individual, always willing to learn and give my utmost best to any task I am given. I have good leadership skills including good communication skills which adds on to my friendly and approachable personality.
2018 – 2023 MEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering with Placement, University of Bath
• Wrote six lab reports and completed a group design project with a 20-page report in year 1
• Modules includes: Bioprocessing Engineering, Green Chemistry, Material Science, Biology with Genetic Engineering, Reaction Engineering, Material and Energy Balances, Separation Processes and Transport Phenomena.
2016 – 2018 St Michael’s Catholic Grammar School, North Finchley
A levels: Mathematics(A*), Chemistry(B), Further Mathematics(B).
2014 – 2016 Harris Girls Academy East Dulwich
GCSEs: Mathematics(A*), Chemistry(A*), Physics(A), Biology(A), English Language(A), English Literature(A), Health and Social Care (AB), ICT(A), Geography(A), Spanish(A).
August 2017 Internship, Mott MacDonald, Croydon
• Working on a current project with the project team and replying to emails efficiently.
• Attending meetings promptly and taking down notes to help with the project I was working on.
• Editing and updating the sustainability section of the company’s webpage.
July 2017 Internship, Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., Surrey
• Listening to presentations by employees of the company form different departments on what their job entails.
• Shadowing sessions where I was able to work on mathematical calculations of a current project and edit part of a process and instrumentation diagram (P&ID).
• Visiting the two company sites where production and storage takes place and developing knowledge on a process plants’ maintenance, operation and construction.
• Participating in a group project with other interns on designing a plant and giving a presentation on the project to colleagues and lead engineers.
• Developed knowledge and interest chemical and process engineering.
July 2015 Assistant Ward Clerk, Kings College Hospital – Lister Ward, London
• Working with the ward clerk in arranging of patient folders and ensuring accurate input of data and patient information.
• Updating patients’ medical records on a linked data system.
• Collaborating with other departments and wards to ensure that patients are transported comfortably for scans and to other wards.
• Admitting and discharging patients as well as booking transportation for patients.
• Developed administrative skills and understanding of organisational processes.
• Developed good communication and directional skills by receiving and helping visitors and directing visitors to the other wards and the toilet.
October 2016 – March 2017 Volunteer, Northside Primary School, North Finchley
• Helping the reception pupils with paired reading scheme, writing skills, drawings, paintings and spelling.
• Arranging of books and taking homework that was due in.
• Helping the class teacher with little jobs such as printing, photocopying and lamenting.
• Supervising the pupils for lunch; which entailed that they had their jumpers or coats on as well as ensuring that they were quiet and ready to walk to the lunch hall.
December 2016 – March 2017 National Citizen Service Local Youth Board, North London
• Working as part of a team and leading the organisation section to plan a day event for children, specifically children with special needs, to come and have fun and make new friends.
OTHER SKILLS, INTERESTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Languages: English – native; Spanish – intermediate; Mandarin – elementary; Twi
(Ghanaian language) – fluent
IT: Proficient with Excel, Microsoft Visio and MS Office
Achievements: Graduate of the National Citizen Service; Awarded best debater and
obtained 100% attendance and punctuality in secondary school; One
of the founding members of the Chemical Engineering Sustainability
Group at the University of Bath; chair of the Catholic Society;
Member of the Social Mobility Foundation.
Interest and hobbies: Enjoy learning to code and play the piano; Active member of the
recreational badminton club; Active campaigner for sustainability
and climate change; Active member of the Women in Engineering
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||£10|