I'm a teacher, examiner and passionate tutor with 14 years experience. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Geography and History from GCSE to IB and A-level. I also teach English at GCSE. - Tell me about your qualifications. I am a fully qualified teacher with a PGCE (with QTS) in Geography from the University of Cambridge.
- Classes Maths and English Programme: Courses based on national school curriculum Improves confidence and enjoyment in learning Continuous reinforcement of knowledge Helps with school assessments and exams Flexible approach to suit individual needs - Ages and Levels Covered Early years, through primary and secondary, leading up to GCSE. Suitable for all ages and abilities.
My approach to tutoring is different to the conventional style. I help students with any difficulties they may have in their homework, but in the alternative, I also teach students full topics from scratch. This is to ensure that they are not missing anything vital. With younger students, I make sure I go at their pace, so that they do not lose confidence.
11+ exam preparation can be tedious for grammar school entrance exams. Having the experience of going through it, I would offer a bespoke, one-to-one, 2 hour class once a week, with constant weekly liaison with student and parent, with a progress sheet.
I aim to achieve high results for my students while instigating good learning practice and independence. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Maths, English and Science subjects. - Tell me about your qualifications. I am a Science postgraduate with my major in Biotechnology and Environmental Sciences.
I offer a personalised, creative and enthusiastic approach to tutoring. Each child/adult has different needs and attitudes to learning, it is my job to find out what works for you and deliver it in the most enjoyable and productive way. I take great pride in the results my pupils have achieved in all the fields that i teach.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach all core curriculum subjects up until A level. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have a First Class (Hons) in Economics from the London School of Economics. I have been teaching in a local secondary school focussing on raising achievements in Key Stage 3 SATs and GCSE Maths by working intensively in small groups.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English, English language and French. - Tell me about your qualifications. MA in Professional Writing; TEFL qualification; English BA; A Levels in English, French and History; 10 GCSEs including A in English and Maths. - How much do you charge? I charge roughly £15 per hour for one-to-one lessons but it is negotiable.
- Classes Before your child commences study with us at the Watford centre, they will be assessed in order to determine their specific needs and ensure a suitable starting point in the course. Once your child enrolls, they will attend the study centre on a regular basis. Whilst there they will complete a short piece of work which will be marked and returned.
- Classes Individual tuition within a class of up to 5 pupils. We use on-line tuition software in class and students can log in at home for homework assignments and additional practice of times tables and educational games. We also give paper homework, as written methods are also important. All of our teachers are fully trained and qualified, with up to date DBS checks.
I teach from Primary School level all the way up to GCSE (and certain A-Levels). I enjoy planning my lessons and tailoring lesson plans to fit the individual needs and learning style and speed of each student. I am open and friendly with the students, creating a positive, safe environment where they can learn and try their best without fear of humiliation or failure.
My method of teaching is very interactive and verbal, encouraging my students to find enthusiasm for the subject. When introducing a new topic, I like to firstly talk about it, and introduce it, by firstly relating it to a familiar topic of every life. This way, it will make my teaching more memorable and enjoyable.
My methodology varies depending on the necessities of the student, of course! I love teaching through content, I think it's really motivating.
I begin my tutoring programme with a small assessment to find out where the child is and what they need to know. From there I will plan fun and engaging lessons, which the children will look forward to. I believe in giving children the support in which they need so they develop the skills and confidence to work independently.
I adopt a personal, tailored approach to tutoring as not one size fits all! I will isolate areas of development and construct a plan to highlight and strengthen these.
I start my lessons with a quick test to see the student's level of English. I can teach grammar perfectly but it's not my focus. Only if the student struggles in some topic I would like to plan for next few lesson to cover the topic. I always pay attention reading comprehensions and I do reading schedule for my students.
I am a patient and open-minded tutor who is able to be flexible and open to suggestions in terms of what works best for individual students. I understand every child is different and therefore different approaches are needed in order to help them succeed.
I'm extremely friendly and personable, and have a lot of experience especially with quiet or shy kids.
As a tutor I believe the greatest lesson is teaching my students to become confident in their abilities and skills. Therefore, I do my very best to empower them to become aspiring academics and to take responsibility for their success. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach primarily Biology and Chemistry from GCSE to A-Level and also GCSE English.
I am a dedicated, passionate and motivated English teacher who genuinely seeks to ensure every pupil becomes confident in their own ability to study English. My goal is to engage pupils, support and challenge them in their English studies so they achieve their potential and goals.
My approach respects the student`s personality and capabilities while challenging their thinking and perceptions. - I am sympathetic, experienced and understanding of the process and knowledge required therefore I am fully committed to teach until my students are content and satisfied with their work.
I approach these subjects very enthusiastically as I very much enjoyed my 11+ and GCSE stages myself. I apply different fun and memorable ways of learning topics that can be applied into further learning and love the feeling of being able to share my learning techniques with other young optimistic learners.
I am a bubbly university student, offering lessons to anyone in need of some extra help in English, available to pupils of all levels of ability. I have a variety of teaching methods and resources with well structured plans for the different topics that the pupil will want to cover.
- Classes Kumon provide individualised Maths and English programmes. Attendance at class is on a "drop-in" basis during class times as each child works on their own individual development plan. Children take approximately 20-30 minutes per subject and attend class once or twice a week.
I hope to help students gain a better understanding and enjoyment of set exam texts by working through any of their concerns! I have experience in assisting with coursework, teaching poetry, reviewing the key themes in prose and drama, and providing assistance in exam technique and approaching unseen poetry! I am a friendly, enthusiastic undergraduate currently studying English Literature.
I provide English tutoring primarily to GCSE, A Level and IB students, but am flexible about working with a range of age groups. As a tutor, I try to be as helpful and constructive as possible, so most of my lessons are structured around working through activities, commentaries or essay plans together.
My teaching method is highly adaptable from student to student, depending on their areas of weakness. I aim to get students thinking more deeply about the texts, while also using practice questions to improve exam technique. The combination of deeper analytical thinking and exam technique makes As and A*s easier to achieve.
My approach is to understand the needs of the students and find out which method works for them better so that they can have the best results loss from their studies. The secret isn't to study a lot but to study smart.
I AM AN EXPERIENCED PRIMARY TEACHER FROM PAKISTAN, HAVE JUST MOVED TO THE UK. I CAN TEACH ANY AGE GROUP , MY SUBJECTS ARE URDU AND ENGLISH FOR BEGINNERS UPTO HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL. IT IS MAINLY FOR PAKISTANI CHILDREN. YOU CAN CHOOSE THE BOOKS YOU WISH TO STUDY.
When teaching, I ensure that important and unique details are discussed in order to impress examiners. Although I teach to a higher and more detailed level, I constantly revisit in order for students to better understand topics. The most important aspects of an exam are: your mental preparedness and your knowledge.
Thousands of tutors can teach you English,
find private lessons close to Bushey.
Pick your own coach to help you learn english. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in english in Bushey and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Bushey by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.