I believe that every child is different and learns in different ways. When planning lessons, I keep in mind that students need different experiences, some auditory, some visual, and some kinesthetic. I feel it is important for me as a teacher to be flexible and to modify my lessons as needed to reach all students. I use pretest and running records to help guide me on my students’ present knowledge of a subject. I differentiate, through the content, process, and product depending on the individual needs of my students.
I want to instill a passion for learning inside each child. I believe students must actively participate in, and take responsibility for, their learning. Just as I self reflect as a teacher, I believe students need to become self-reflective, so they can improve upon areas of difficulty and build upon areas of strength.
I have just graduated from the University of Tirana/Albania with a upper class degree in mathematics. I am very passionate about maths and think that I would be an excellent tutor. I am a very patient and friendly person and will do my absolute upmost to ensure that each individual reaches their maximal potential.
It is my goal to challenge my students daily, with learning that is meaningful, engaging, and purposeful. I want to provide my students opportunities to grow and become critical thinkers and problem solvers. In my classroom, I provide my students with inquiry-based lessons and real world situations so they may learn to conquer issues at school and in their lives outside of school.
• 12+ years math lecturer/teaching in universities and post secondary school
• 10+ years of professional experience in national/international standard assessments and examinations
• Experience as curriculum expert and researcher
• Experience as trainer for national and international assessments
• Publishing articles, books
• Prepare good lectures and presentations.
• Develop lesson plans, conduct tests, allot homework, impose discipline and establish classroom rules.
• Evaluate and track the performance of students regularly, meeting other school staff to discuss their progress in details.
• Ascertain and study current trends in national and professional groups' content standards, as well as trends in how students learn.
• Enabled students to achieve success in various competitive examinations at all levels viz. state, national & international as a Mentor.
• Conduct research and publishing for findings.
• Use computer and software in performing of various professional tasks.
• Lead math expert group and serve as national coordinator of PISA 2015.PISA 2012, PISA 2009 (Program International for Students Assessment (PISA)).
• Works with the Subjects Content Teams on test development of State Matura Exams, post university state exams of professions licence.
• Parts of teams for National Olympiad of Math (item writer and assessor).
• Manages item writing and reviewing.
• Leads constructed-response scoring activities.
• 1984–1988 University of Tirana, Faculty of Natural Sciences, (Graduated: July 1988).
• 1990–1991 University of Tirana, Faculty of Natural Sciences, (Graduated: July 1991)
Math teaching postgraduate studies
• 2003–2008 University of Tirana, Faculty of Natural Sciences, (Graduated: July 2008)
MSc in Numerical Analysis
• 2012 – 2017 University of Tirana, Faculty of Natural Sciences ( Sep.2017)
The focus : how to differentiate the ability of candidates (modern theory) that are ranking by total scores in test (classical theory). Item response model(modern theory) differentiate individual’s abilities even when they have equal raw scores and is very effective in overcoming the limitations of classical methods.
“Marin Barleti” University – math teaching, lecturers &seminars
Cambridge International Examinations – moderator/examiner
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|