I have made an effort to engage my students in multiple educational activities, and continuously adapt my teaching practices to support the learners I am working with. Through teaching various age groups, in diverse situations, I have become a well-rounded teacher, with a vast knowledge of strategies to support all learners.
I always develop strong relationships with the children I work with, by inspiring and engaging them in topics that they are interested in. I am passionate about education and believe in the importance of every child having the opportunity to reach their full potential.
I am a qualified primary school teacher with experience in all areas of the curriculum, as well as teaching English as a Foreign Language. I have experience teaching all areas in England, Canada and Scotland.
During my career, I have continually engaged in personal and professional development, preparing me to work with children of all ages in many different contexts. These development experiences have included learning basic British Sign Language, as well as supporting children with particular learning difficulties, such as dyslexia.
Bachelor of Education: Kindergarten and Elementary Education McGill University - Montreal, Quebec, Canada
General Teaching Council of Scotland Full Registration
Qualified Teaching Status
Experience EFL Teacher
Southbourne School of English - Southbourne July 2019 - Present
● Created and taught English lessons to international pupils at various levels.
● Planned, implemented, assessed all areas of English.
Balmoral & Burgh Primary school - Galashiels, Scotland August 2017-July 2019
● Primary 1/ 2 teacher at Balmoral Primary school, primary 6/7 teacher at Burgh Primary
● Planned, implemented, assessed all areas of learning in line with Early and First level of
the Curriculum for Excellence.
● Engaged in year long professional development to inform my teaching practice.
Student Teacher February - April 2017 Low Ash Primary School - Bradford, England
● Created and taught Year 4 lessons in line with the National Curriculum.
● Supervised daily school activities.
Student Teacher September - December 2016 Westmount Park Elementary School - Montreal, Quebec, Canada
● Created and taught lessons in line with the Quebec Education Curriculum.
● Developed and adapted all lessons in order to support all ESL learners.
Student Volunteer Summer 2016 Transformation Praxis Malawi - Kasungu, Malawi
● Developed curriculum in accordance to the Malawian curriculum and culture.
● Developed and implemented high quality educational experiences for ESL learners.
Student Teacher April - May 2016 Morin Heights Elementary School - Morin Heights, Quebec, Canada
● Planned and organised appropriate lessons for a Kindergarten class.
● Implemented aspects of Project Wild into the provincial curriculum.
Trip Leader Summer 2015 Westcoast Connection - Florence, Italy
● Trip leader for a Pre-College Enrichment Course in Florence, Italy.
● Planned and organised engaging and enriching trips for all guests.
Coronation Elementary School - Montreal, Canada
● Observed all different grade levels and school activities.
● Supported pupils in the after school program.
Group Leader/Activity Instructor
PGL Travel - La Fosca - Palamos, Spain
PGL Travel - Little Canada - Isle of Wight, England
Summer 2013, 2014
May - November 2012. ● Led, supervised and entertained guests in activities and excursions.
● Coordinated with teachers and activity instructors to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all activities, and achieved their educational goals.
Student Volunteer Dec 2011 - January 2012 North-South Studies - Nicaragua
● Student participant on a Dawson college international course
● Participated in educational conferences on Nicaraguan Education System and taught
ESL courses to local children in Nicaragua.
support for students with dyslexia lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest support for students with special needs lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, support for students with autism lessons for all!
Taking support for students with math difficulties lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£90||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£160||£200|