My teaching method involves 3 steps. 1) we watch a youtube video that gives students an image of the biological process. 2) we discuss and write down the steps of the biological process. 3) we discuss the logic and concept behind each step of the process.
I have an H.BSc degree in Sciences with heavy experience in Molecular and Microbiology research labs. I have also worked in Diagnostic Pathology labs at a national and international level. I also teach sciences from High School to College level students.
A highly energetic scientific researcher with the discovery of two new archaea's, passionate for communication skills to deliver scientific research to the general public as well as to the innovators to bring innovations in the field of Medical science, critical literature reviewer, quick learner, teacher, and a team player in a scientific environment.
• Wet lab: 3+ years of DNA extraction, protein purification, centrifugation, streaking, cell cultivation, media preparation, gel electrophoresis, column chromatography, polymerase chain reaction (PCR), cloning, and DNA recombination.
• Clinical lab: 2+ years of research experience including date inventory, data analysis, literature review, research presentations, and scientific paper writing
• Presentation: 3+ years of communication services including telecommunication and email exchange; in-person outreach as a SickKids ambassador; Science, community, and Society (CMN600) [A]; Social Psychology[A]
• Technical: 2+ years of experience in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Google document and Outlook in a professional setting and research settings
Ryerson University, 2014-2018
• Honors Bachelors of Biology (HBSc) • Dean's list (2017-2018)
Researcher (Dr. Rahat Rehman) 01-2019 to 06-2019 | Jinnah Medical Complex, Pakistan
• Welcomed patients in the clinic for 30 hours weekly; produced medical history of 40% of patients of the day.
• Conducted nested polymerase chain reaction (PCR) on 30% of blood serum samples came in the lab per day in order to diagnose for Hepatitis B and C.
Researcher (Dr. Afzaal-Ur-Rehman) 10-2018 to 01-2019 | Al-Madina Lab, Pakistan
• Performed pregnancy and dengue test using quick test kits; provided instant result to 60% of the patients.
• Analyzed red blood cells and white blood cells under a microscope and determined monocytes, lymphocytes, neutrophils, and macrophages count to diagnose blood-related diseases.
• Conducted complete blood count (CBC) manually and automated, blood group test manually, HbAlc, and blood sugar tests, hematology analyzer report; achieved the goal of the test per day by 70%.
Researcher (Dr. Kimberley Gilbride's Lab) 09-2017 to 04-2018 | Molecular Lab, Ryerson University
• Collected 16 samples from Humber Wastewater Treatment Plant, extracted, purified DNA, amplified amoA gene via PCR and performed sequencing to identify ammonium oxidizing archaeal species in the system.
• Performed gel electrophoresis and purified primer dimmers to obtain 90% of the amoA genes coded.
• Discovered 2 new AOA's species; entered data in NCBI to expand the library of ammonium oxidizing archaea.
Lab Volunteer (Dr. Martina Hausner's Lab) 09-2016 to 08-2017 | Microbiology Lab, Ryerson University
• Autoclaved tips, media, and water, prepared gel for gel electrophoresis, calibrated Spectrophotometer, Labeled specimen, agar plates, tubes, and liquid solution bottles; maintained 80% of the lab equipment.
• Prepared 100%, 10%, and 50% of the agarose media to observe the growth of bacteria, 50% of TXL solution gel electrophoresis, and calculated antibiotic volumes for Dr. Farhana Shamsad's experiment.
• Measured the number of bacterial colonies by C.F.U and discussed results with Dr. Farhana to observe if obtained results meet the expected results which took the research at an advanced level
• "Identification of AOA's in a Municipal wastewater treatment system" at Wilfried Laurier University (2018)
• "POP's as tracers in ecology-orientated studies (freshwater or marine)" at Ryerson University (2017)
• Thesis Defense to Dr. Laursen, Dr. Hausner, Dr. MaCcarthy, Dr. Melles at Ryerson University (2017)
• "Identification of Bacterial Community and analysis of species shared with human Microbes" Ryerson (2017)
Awards and Certificates
Orientation to Environmental and Health and Safety at Ryerson (2017)
Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHIMS) Certificate (2017)
Biological Safety at Ryerson (2017)Tri-mentor Certificate (2016)Introduction to Health Care Leadership (2017)
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking microbiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£14||Not available||£14|
|5 hours||£14||Not available||£72|
|10 hours||£13||Not available||£144|