My teaching methods are flexible and adapted to my students needs and interests. My aim is to build student's confidence to allow them to approach topics independently. As a tutor I am attentive my student's method of learning.
I am a qualified English teacher, I taught for two years at a secondary school on the Isle of Wight, students aged Y6 to Y11 and I have experience of A level. I previously tutored secondary students in France, and Africa.
- participated in the Teach First ‘Leadership Development Programme’:
As an English teacher working at a school in a deprived area I have developed excellent leadership and communication skills
-Multicultural (lived in the UK, France, Canada and California), I have developed good communication and organisational skills through my professional and personal experiences.
2016-2018 PGCE (Teach First), University of Exeter, UK – 2.1 outsanding (teaching grade)
2013-2016 B.A. (Hons) Politics and International Studies, Warwick University, UK
Graduated Upper Second Class with Honours
2005-2012 French Baccalaureate international option, Centre International de Valbonne, France
English 19/20, Maths 16/20, Italian 16/20, = Philosophy 17/20
Teach First Leadership Development Program, Ryde Academy, Sep 2016 -2018
- Two-year graduate scheme working as an English teacher in a secondary school on the Isle of Wight. Working with children of a variety of ages and with a diverse range of needs and abilities
-Responsibilities include planning high-quality lessons, anticipating the needs of students and leading a tutor group. Monitoring student progress through data collection and analysis.
- Volunteer, Warwick in Africa, Johannesburg, South Africa, Jun-Sep 2015
In charge of four classes of 55 students each at the Realogile High School of Johannesburg
- Taught English grammar and literature, organised a standardised student testing at the beginning and end of my placement, held the debate club of the school, organized afternoon study sessions with students…
- private lessons for secondary children: focusing on literature and language
- constructing and delivering dance lessons for groups of children of all ages
Emilie is a fantastic English tutor. Patient, tentative and creative. With a PACE degree from the University of Warwick and two years under her belt as an English teacher, she's beyond qualified and delivers an outstanding service.
Fabulous teacher, endless patience and makes learning fun. Highly recommended
Emilie knows how to motivate all different types of students. She finds ways to differentiate in teaching to ensure that the learning is both fun and complete.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£25|