I incorporate direct instruction often into my teaching methods; a proven, effective technique for learning that has a large positive impact. I believe in practising as much as possible and my own success in mathematics came from doing example after example and exposing myself to all of the different types of questions. I foster intellectual curiosity in my subject and have a passion for what I do.
I am a qualified mathematics teacher specialising in ages 11-18 with experience of teaching A-level also. I have a bachelor's degree in mathematics with an 88% average and possess excellent subject knowledge. I have taught hundreds of students and have an excellent track record and 100% pass rate with previous tutees.
My cancellation policy is 24 hours notice.
Primary school level - £10 per hour
High school below GCSE/Standard Grades - £15 per hour
Standard Grade or above - £20 per hour
Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Leadership in Learning
Sep 2017 – Jul 2019
The University of Manchester
First Class Degree (Hons)
Sep 2014 – Jul 2017
88% average with 91% in 2nd year
New College Pontefract
Mathematics – A*
Further Mathematics – A*
Biology – A*
Chemistry – A
Sep 2012 – Jul 2014
Carleton Community High School
A* in English, Maths and all Sciences
Sep 2007 – Jul 2012
Field Sales Manager Oct 2019 – Aug 2020
Recruited, trained and managed a team of 10 direct sales representatives generating an average of $70,000 in sales per week equating to $3,500,000 in revenue per annum in the solar industry.
• Consistently high-rolled the office.
• Sourced, pitched, closed and subsequently onboarded a minimum of 2 new customers daily.
• Broke the office records for lead acquisition per day and week, total weekly earnings and total sales per week hence consistently exceeding all personal KPIs.
• Progressed rapidly into management within 2 weeks of starting with the company.
• Provided daily sales training including closing, objection handling, buying signals, impulse factors and customer satisfaction.
• Managed the entire Brisbane office on numerous occasions which subsequently boosted sales by 230% from the previous day.
• Progressed team members into team leadership roles and provided ongoing support with team building.
Programme Leader Jul 2019 – Aug 2019
NCS with The Challenge, Wakefield
Led, inspired and developed a team of 6 team leaders and 45 young people aged 15-17 from a variety of backgrounds in a residential setting to successfully deliver a 4-week youth programme.
• Launched the programme, directly line managed all participants and liaised with third party service providers
• Delivered sessions adhering to the curriculum including skills development and social action project planning.
• Administered medication adhering to the policy and reacted quickly and efficiently to major safeguarding incidents ensuring the safety of the young people remained a priority.
• Provided regular performance feedback and disciplinary action for both staff members and young people.
• Supported staff with behaviour management and provided pastoral care for young people with autism, mental health needs and learning difficulties.
• Managed social action projects and all programme logistics.
Internship Aug 2018
BP, Canary Wharf, London
Gained an insight into all business aspects of BP.
• Performed data analysis on the undergraduate internship programme.
• Compiled questions, organised meetings and interviews, collated data and presented the results.
Mathematics Teacher Sep 2017 – Jul 2019
Southmoor Academy, Sunderland
Raised the standards of attainment of 11-18 year olds to acquire GCSE and A-level qualifications by planning and delivering lessons, analysing data and adapting methods accordingly.
• Completed PGDE qualification whilst full-time teaching.
• Possessed and conveyed excellent subject knowledge.
• Adhered to curriculum and timeframes to deliver lessons graded as outstanding by the senior leadership team.
• Adapted teaching to students from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds and abilities.
• Ran whole-school assemblies and staff meetings on best practice and evidence-based teaching pedagogy.
• Whole school lead on Show My Homework.
• Completed the Teach First Leadership Development programme.
Brand Manager Sep 2016 – Jul 2017
Teach First, Manchester
Raised brand awareness on university campus.
• Delivered presentations and pitches in lectures.
• Planned, organised and ran campus events.
• Broke the company record for the most attended Teach First Employer Presentation.
Internship Aug 2016
Home Instead Senior Care, Nottingham
Shadowed all aspects of Scheduler and Deputy Care Manager roles.
• Edited the website and boosted social media following by 1306%.
• Shadowed consulations and onboarded new clients.
• Called clients and logged notes in People Planner
• Worked with Deputy Manager on eMar project.
IT: Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Excel to create spreadsheets and analyse complex data sets. Knowledgeable in R, Python, MATLAB, LaTeX, Horizon, People Planner, Bluesky and Salesforce.com
Driving: Full license.
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
School Volunteer, Peer Mentor
I enjoy playing netball, reading and ballroom dancing and have previously held the title of North East champion in the latter. I have volunteered in India with a charity called Fior Di Loto which involved organising and participating in many fundraising events to fund young girls’ education, the building of houses for vulnerable members of the community and food for children living in rural outskirts of the town.
Riannan was a fantastic maths tutor and helped me achieve a B at GCSE when I was predicted a C. She was able to recognise the way in which I learned and adapted her explanations to make things simpler for me to understand. I know that she has adapted to other peoples styles of learning too. Riannan used her own time to tutor me and was always prepared with past papers and exercises to help me improve my skills.
When taking my GCSE’s I really struggled with maths and was targeted a C so I booked Riannan for extra tuition. Riannan straight away made me feel at ease with her, nothing was ever seen as a silly question. I quickly gained more confidence in maths and ended up achieving a A which I truly couldn’t have got without her. I am now a fully qualified accountant and will always be grateful for Riannans help.
Riannan is a great teacher, she quickly built good rapport with my 5 year old and got him enthused about learning maths. Highly recommend.
Riannan is a kind and caring teacher that takes time to understand her students. She adapts learning skills to individuals, in order to obtain results. Her ability to work with all ages is a great skill and her work with my child had a huge positive impact in a short space of time.
Fantastic tutor and a lovely individual. Did wonders for our daughter and would highly recommend.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||Not available||£25|
|5 hours||£100||Not available||£125|
|10 hours||£220||Not available||£250|