My teaching method is based on understanding the students personality and particular needs / insecurities (in maths) and tailoring my approach accordingly. I believe that patience and empathy is key to unlocking a student's potential in maths and physics. Also I will always return to first principles if a student is having difficulties with a higher level concept.
I have a Master of Science in Structural Engineering and have given maths/physics lessons in the past to children aged 6 to 16 with great feedback. I studied maths and physics to a high level (I considered at one point becoming a maths teacher) and I have a great ability to teach and to explain difficult math/physics concepts with first principles. I am also an expert with Excel (including VBA programming), which is one of the main calculation software used by Science/Engineering/Analytic professionals of all sectors. I have worked as a Stress and Strain calculation engineer for 15 years, which enables me to provide great insight into how maths and physics are applied in the professional world.
CURRENT STATUS: I am currently working on the BP ACE detail engineering for RDS as the Lead Primary Steel Analyst. This involves designing two drilling modules for all conditions using the SESAM suite of software, while tracking layout changes and interfacing with other disciplines. The design includes running an ELE response spectrum analysis of the complete combined jacket + topside + drilling modules and an ALE Seismic non-linear time-history analysis using the software USFOS.
- Ability to rapidly understand and handle complex concepts and analytical tools,
- Extensive experience in FE software SACS, SESAM, STAAD PRO, STRUCAD, ANSYS, ABAQUS
- Good experience in both FE structural analysis and detail design through hand calculations
- Highly skilled in Excel (VBA programming)
- Reliability and ability to successfully communicate and negotiate complex situations with people from different backgrounds/cultures.
• 2001-2004: Masters in Civil Engineering - National Institute of Applied Sciences (INSA), Rennes, France - School of Civil Engineering: covering fluid mechanics, beam theory, structural design, reinforced / prestressed concrete, thermodynamics, steel and concrete structures, soil and rock mechanics, FEM analysis, […], macroeconomics (elective course).
School year 2002-2003 was spent at the University of Adelaide (one of the leading faculties in civil engineering in Australia)…
Projects undertaken: Design of the catchments network for Flagstaff hills (Adelaide Suburb), design of the Adelaide Hospital car park in plastic and elastic analysis following the Australian standard code (Strength studies), design of the Mawson Lake tavern (Hotel situated in the north of Adelaide) in both strength and serviceability study.
Elective course : Macro-économics.
Alex is an outstanding math teacher. Great ability at making maths more simple and easy to understand. Alex helped me to prepare for the Admissions Test for several business schools. Above all he was super patient with me and stayed positive and encouraging. And I passed the test !
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|