I am an enthusiastic, confident and well-organised individual with strong verbal communication skills. I believe it is important to spent some time identifying where a student has gaps in their understanding and knowledge and work on resolving these. Following this, I believe it is important to tailor the tutoring around the students goals or desired outcome of the lessons. Finally, I aspire to motivate students and give them confidence in their abilities.
I am currently a student at UCL completing a bachelor's degree in Management Science. Prior to this, I completed my A levels where I achieved A*A*A in mathematics, economics and physics. I have experience tutoring at GCSE level and below and have a strong background of tutoring in math. I've achieved results in getting through to student through persistence, reassurance and being able to provide alternative explanations to challenging concepts.
I am a confident, reliable and hardworking individual with a background of success in both sport and academic commitments. Over the last few years I have endured a demanding swimming schedule, consisting of 20 hours a week of intense training and 4am morning starts, coupled with my academic ambitions. This has fine tuned my time management skills and developed my discipline and work ethic, all of which I apply to anything I take on.
During my A-level studies, I was awarded roles in leadership by being a senior prefect, mentor to younger years and captain of the swimming team. These roles strengthened my communication skills, my teamwork with peers and my ability to work under pressure by taking on more responsibilities and achieving results. In addition, despite a wide range of commitments, I still keep myself accountable for a high standard of work in all respects, while maintaining a positive attitude.
Privately sought work, London — Academic Tutor
MARCH 2020 - AUGUST 2020
I worked with students in a variety of academic levels, ranging from KS2 to KS4.
- Tutored struggling, average and advanced students in maths and science
- Designed detailed and individual learning plans for students based on test, homework and assignment records
- Extended my lesson plans by coaching students on how to revise effectively and perform well under exam conditions
Turner & Townsend, Amsterdam — Intern in operations management
AUGUST 2019 - AUGUST 2019
I gained enormous insight by undertaking a two-week job placement at a global UK consultancy firm based in Amsterdam.
- I was exposed to marketing, human resources, project management and finance.
- I was fortunate enough to be taken into the confidence of senior personnel and walked through the cogs of decision making and the challenges faced by the company.
This placement was challenging but gave me confidence in my ability to learn new skills quickly. For instance, I was asked to devise a localisation strategy for the company’s base in the Netherlands where I addressed the barriers to entry in the local market that the company faced and offered solutions to generate business.
University College London (UCL), London — Masters of Science
- Currently studying Management Science MSci
Latymer Upper School, London — A-levels
- Economics - A*
- Mathematics - A*
- Physics - A
- Extended research project - A*
- Self motivated
- Upbeat, outgoing and positive
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Works well under pressure
- Meticulous and organised
- Time management
- British National Champion for four consecutive years in swimming
- Gold medal for GB in 2016 at the Energy Standard Cup
- Hold a Dutch national record and represented the Netherlands in the 2018 European Junior Championships
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|