I will encourage students' wider interest in their subject. I am a conscientious tutor, and so I will offer tools to help students find success in examinations and coursework. I think there are certain techniques that are difficult to grasp at first with English, and I would help tutees to develop the analytical and evaluative skills necessary. I will tailor classes to suit the needs of individual students, according to whether their focus should be revision techniques, exam practice or student's interpretations of texts would be at the heart of the classes, but from this we would move towards developing a greater awareness of literary techniques.
As a student, I can understand how daunting examinations can be. However, a great place to start is with your interest in your subjects. With some organisational improvements (and hard work!) you will begin making steady progress towards your goals.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach English Literature A-Level and History A-Level. I am also able to teach French GCSE. Although my main focus is the humanities, I can offer assistance with Biology up to GCSE and Maths up to Key Stage 3.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I am currently studying for an undergraduate degree in English at the University of Bristol. I have an A Star in English Literature A Level and an A in History and French. I also have an A Government and Politics AS.
- How much do you charge?
£25 an hour.
- Where do you teach?
I am able to teach at my home in Chiswick or at students' homes.
- When are you available?
I am available during the week and weekends, as well as during school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I am able to teach a range of ages, from primary school up to A Level, depending on the subject.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I believe it is possible to make remarkable progress if you are truly enthused by what you are learning. I will encourage you to engage more broadly with your subjects, for example by suggesting wider reading and podcasts for you to enjoy. Although the workload can seem overwhelming at times, there are tools for making it much more manageable, and I hope I will be able to help you implement these.
I am a literature student who is new to tutoring but who has some experience helping pupils in primary school. I love English think that enthusiasm about a subject is central to finding success in it. I would be happy to teach English, but I am also able to teach History up to A Level, as well as Politics and French.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I volunteered at a Primary School offering weekly one-on-one reading with pupils aged 9-11 as well as weekly workshops on debating about books and creative writing.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
DATE OF BIRTH: 23rd October 1997 (20 years)
University of Bristol (September 2017-present)
• Studying English Literature (First year undergraduate)
St Benedict’s School, London (2014- 2016)
• A2 qualifications :A Star in English Literature, A in History and A in French
• 4 AS (Advanced Subsidiary) qualification June 2015, including :4 As: English Literature, French, History, Politics
The Godolphin and Latymer School, London (2009- 2014)
• 11 GCSE exams, including :
• 8 A stars : English Literature, English Language, French, History, Latin, Spanish, Biology, Philosophy & Ethics
• 3 As : Maths, Chemistry, Physics
PAID WORK EXPERIENCE
• High Society Ltd: Team Player/ waitress (November 2016-present)
o Wide variety of high end events at the Natural History Museum, Battersea Evolution, The London Aquarium
• No 6 Coffee , London W 7: Café barista/ waitress full & part-time hours (June- end July 2018)
• Ngon Deli, London W4, Vietnamese restaurant: (4 days a week), waitressing & food preparation (July 2016 to December 2016)
• Ashurst LLP Law firm ,central London office, one week shadowing Corporate Law Partner (June 2015)
• Babysitting for children ages 3+ ( references available on request)
VOLUNTEERING & CHARITY WORK
• (2017): Reading and creative writing one on one and with small Pupil Premium groups at St Joseph’s Primary School in Greenwich
• DBS Certificate : for work at St Joseph’s
• Chiswick Book Festival (2011+): help with children’s poetry workshops and helping at Young People’s Poetry Competition prize giving
• NSPCC Chiswick branch (2009+): Quiz nights & Summer Ball : waitressing, assisting Quiz Master, raffle ticket selling, hosting
• Save the Children ‘Mary’s Living and Giving’ Fashion Shop, W4 (2013/14) trained in using the till, working with customers, handling /caring for clothing stock, arranging displays
SPECIAL SKILLS/ INTERESTS
• Creative Writing : “Writing Fiction” course at City Lit, October 2016-December 2016 : short story writing, critical discussion.
• The Orange Tree Theatre, Richmond, Young Company member summer-autumn 2016
• Drama: Member of Young Blood Theatre Company, 2011-14.
Have performed at the Lyric Theatre, Hammersmith
• Drama examinations: Grade 7 (Silver medal) LAMDA, Grade 7 (Distinction) Trinity Guildhall
• Theatre-going and writing for theatre
• Travel , French language & culture
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking english literature lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|