My teaching method is very active and I try to make my lessons as fun and game- based as possible. However, I do still think that there is a place for more traditional learning methods too. I believe that practice makes perfect!
I qualified as a Primary Teacher last year but my teaching career stretches back further. I taught English to children aged 3- 13 in Hong Kong for 2 years and loved every minute of it! It was back then that I decided that teaching was the right career for me.
Name: Charlotte Kelly
PROFILE: An ambitious, self-motivated graduate with excellent communication and project co-ordination skills. My ultimate goal is to pursue a career as a primary school teacher.
2017 - Moray House School of Education, The University of Edinburgh
Professional Graduate Diploma in Education (Primary)
2011 - Trinity College Dublin
Religions and Theology (Bachelor of Arts)
2006 - Leaving Certificate
McHale College, Polranny, Achill Island, County Mayo.
Maths, English, Accountancy, Home Economics, Biology and French.
Grade: 5 Honours and 1 Pass
DATES: EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
August 2017- Present St. Peter’s R.C Primary School
Class Teacher (Primary 2)
● Teaching class with associated preparation and correction of work
● Developing early/ first level curriculum to suit the needs of learners
● Assessing, recording and reporting on the work of pupils
● Providing guidance on issues related to the children's education
● Promoting and safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of pupils
● Working in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals
● Undertaking appropriate and agreed continuing professional development
● Participating in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review
June- August 2017 St. Andrew's College Language School
● Planning and promoting activities
● Considering all potential hazards concerning Health & Safety and making necessary provisions to avoid accidents.
● Knowing necessary instructions/directions before activities started.
● Setting up/ packing away equipment and decorations for activities.
● Actively encouraging/promoting the involvement of students in activities and events.
● Ensuring that listed students were present at social programme sessions and maintaining accurate registers of their attendance.
● Providing feedback on the programme for the Activity Manager.
● Undertaking local travel and research.
● Escorting groups on local walks and excursions and ensuring the safety and welfare of the students, as well as providing them with information to help them get the maximum benefit from their stay.
June 2014- 2015 Monkey Tree English Learning Centre
Nov 2015- Jul 2016 English Teacher
● Teaching beginner to upper intermediate classes of 1-12 students in English as a second language
● Tailoring lesson plans to accommodate the individual levels and needs of the students
● Creating activities to target receptive and productive skills and language systems
● All associated paperwork and ad hoc assignments.
VOLUNTEERING: In December 2010 I was chief co-ordinator of a charity fundraising event (Mock Wedding) for a charity named AWARE. We generated a profit of €7800.
INTERESTS: My interests include playing the fiddle and tin whistle, drama, volunteering as well as attending major sporting events
REFERENCES: Excellent references available upon request
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£35||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£115||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£225||Not available|