My teaching method is heavily based on communication and games. I explain information and have a conversation about the topic, then reinforce this knowledge by an educational game.
As an experienced and qualified professional I can offer personalised lessons after initial assessment. Although I am a dyslexia tutor, I am able to teach all abilities. I offer a multi-sensory approach to learning. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Maths, English and Science. English as an additional language. - Tell me about your qualifications.
For the past 12 years I have worked as a Primary School Teacher. A recent move to the area has meant leaving the school I was at for many years and I feel now is a good time to start tuition allowing me to utilise my outstanding teaching skills. - Which subject(s) do you teach? 11+ (Transfer test), Key Stage 2 Maths, Key Stage 2 English. - Tell me about your qualifications.
I have twenty years' experience tutoring English and entrance exams. I am qualified to post-graduate level. - Which subject(s) do you teach? 11+ and CE entrance exams, (including Maths and non-Verbal Reasoning). 13+ English English GCSE - all boards. English A level - all boards. I also have years' of experience working with home-educated children, and those with special needs.
- Classes The work is tailored to each students needs, to develop study skills, concentration and a positive attitude to study giving the student an opportunity to reach their potential. Children attend class for 30 minutes per subject at any time while class is open.
I give lessons to students who want to learn a bit more and go beyond what they are taught in school, as well as students who need a little bit of help grasping a concept or achieving what they are truly capable of.
I like to use both dictation and student participation.
I give GCSE lessons in: English Literature French Biology Drama The lesson content varies from subject to subject and I am perfectly happy to cater content to your individual learning style or needs. If you have no preferences, in English for example, I will provide explanations of the text plot, styles and authorial technique.
- Classes A Kumon class is not like a traditional school classroom as each student works on his or her own piece of work, alongside children of different ages and abilities.Children are encouraged to work quietly and independently and to be respectful of other students' study time, thereby creating a purposeful and focused atmosphere in the class.
- Classes Standard Membership - - Up to 2 tuition sessions per week. - Mapped to the National Curriculum. - A maths and English course created for your child's individual needs. - Parent feedback at the end of every session. - Regular in-depth Parent Meetings to discuss your child's progress. - No booking required - attend at any time during our opening hours.
- Classes We specialise in coaching children for the 11+ CEM exam for grammar and independent school admissions. We ensure that every child understands, masters and perfects the techniques and strategies needed to tackle the different types of reasoning questions. We focus on comprehension skills, building vocabulary and developing problem solving and mental maths skills.
I am willing and able to teach my subjects to anyone from secondary school age upwards. I'm a keen believer in interacting and engaging with the student and their topics, and being as personable and interesting to them as possible.
- Classes Kumon is a unique method of study which aims to give each and every child skills that last a lifetime. Focusing on the vital subjects of maths and English, we can help your child to develop their learning skills and exceed expectations with our worksheet and study centre-based programmes. At Kumon, we are passionate about your child's development.
- Classes Courses based on UK national school curriculum Improves confidence and encourages enjoyment in learning Continuous reinforcement of knowledge Suitable for all ages and abilities Helps with school assessments and exams Flexible approach to suit individual needs - Ages and Levels Covered Suitable for all ages and abilities - Opening Times Thursday 3:30 to 5:30 pm - Tuition Fees £50
I am able to give lessons up to A Level standard. My method is to set a baseline test so I know where key strengths and weaknesses lie, meaning that I can tailor a tuition plan for each individual student.
Since graduating from the University of Essex with a 2:1 degree in English, I have had great experience assisting children with their learning. I initially became a cover supervisor for Primary and Secondary schools in the Hertfordshire area which enabled me to work with children of all levels. I then went on to managing a specialist Maths and English tuition centre for 4-16 year olds.
Recently graduated with my Honours degree staying in High Wycombe and aupairing. I give lessons to primary school children that require extra assistance with English. I am more then happy and willing to help any learner with test preparation; writing skills and reading exercises that you think will be beneficial. English is my home language.
Tutoring sessions would be varied depending on the student and how they learn. Creativity is important and the more a student can build on their own ideas, the better. While certain prose and poems have set themes, I want to teach in a way that gives a student the confidence to interpret a piece of work in their own way that helps them understand.
I base my teaching on fun games and use a range of techniques to ensure all children are able to learn to their true potential
I am an English teacher who can teach one-to-one or in small groups. I prefer to teach in my own home, but I am willing to travel a short distance. - Which subject(s) do you teach? English Literature and English Language - Tell me about your qualifications.
I base my teaching on various methods that I have learnt over the years. Many students I have found struggle either with reading out loud in front of other people or struggle with reading in general and dislike it.
My teaching methodology is student-specific. If there is a certain area that you are struggling with more, we will focus on that, and tailor the class around your points of struggle. I would write my own notes before the lesson, to base the conversation during the lesson on and, depending on the student, could present it as either more of a lecture, or a structured q&a lesson.
I like to start by getting to the grips with the text and making sure we know exactly what's happening - my Cambridge degree taught me how important the basics are, and often these are overlooked! I am also a freelance theatre director, so I specialise particular in Drama, and I have a great love for Shakespeare and his contemporaries.
I believe positive reinforcement and encouragement is key to learning. I encourage learning through play and experience. I am able to draw on my previous experiences teaching abroad to aid this, using diverse methods in order to fortify conceptualisation and understanding due to a language and resourcing barrier.
My teaching method is very calm but effective. I ensure that my lessons are structured and organised so that new material is introduced but also old material is revised. I have many techniques which help make the lessons enjoyable and engaging.
Attending a Kumon class is very different to attending a traditional 'school type' class as each student is working on something different, tailored to their individual needs.
Teaching methods can vary from student to student, as each child learns and understands things differently. But I feel as though the best way to check a child's understanding of something, is to have them explain it back to you. I am very friendly and a good communicator, but I will assure that the children remain concentrated and focused at the task at hand.
I teach primary and secondary school students, college and undergraduate level as well. My expertise is one-to-one tutoring, focusing on developing a tailored plan according to my student's needs. As a tutor, I am very attentive, flexible and structured.
I will ask the student what specific topics need covering the most and will do my research into the structure of their course in order to discover which areas have the highest weighting of marks and therefore need looking into the most.
Worried about your child's handwriting?! I am a highly qualified Magic Link Teacher who provides face-to-face teaching. This 30 step programme is recommended by teachers, parents, SENcos, educational psychologists and occupational therapists. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I am a handwriting specialist teacher/tutor for primary and secondary school-age children.
Thousands of tutors can teach you English,
find private lessons close to Amersham.
Pick your own coach to help you learn english. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in english in Amersham and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Amersham by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.