Since graduating from the University of Essex with a 2:1 degree in English, I have had great experience assisting children with their learning. I initially became a cover supervisor for Primary and Secondary schools in the Hertfordshire area which enabled me to work with children of all levels. I then went on to managing a specialist Maths and English tuition centre for 4-16 year olds.
- Classes Kumon is a unique method of study which aims to give each and every child skills that last a lifetime. Focusing on the vital subjects of maths and English, we can help your child to develop their learning skills and exceed expectations with our worksheet and study centre-based programmes. At Kumon, we are passionate about your child's development.
- Classes Courses based on UK national school curriculum Improves confidence and encourages enjoyment in learning Continuous reinforcement of knowledge Suitable for all ages and abilities Helps with school assessments and exams Flexible approach to suit individual needs - Ages and Levels Covered Suitable for all ages and abilities - Opening Times Thursday 3:30 to 5:30 pm - Tuition Fees £50
I am an English teacher who can teach one-to-one or in small groups. I prefer to teach in my own home, but I am willing to travel a short distance. - Which subject(s) do you teach? English Literature and English Language - Tell me about your qualifications.
I will ask the student what specific topics need covering the most and will do my research into the structure of their course in order to discover which areas have the highest weighting of marks and therefore need looking into the most.
- Classes Kumon provide individualised Maths and English programmes. Attendance at class is on a "drop-in" basis during class times as each child works on their own individual development plan. Children take approximately 20-30 minutes per subject and attend class once or twice a week.
Hi there. My name is Juliet. I am a fully qualified Biology teacher. As a a Natural Sciences (bio,chem,phy) graduate from Bath I can help your child with maths and science. From living in Spain for several years - I am fluent in Spanish. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Biology and Spanish to A level. I teach science and maths to GCSE and English to KS3.
Tutoring sessions would be varied depending on the student and how they learn. Creativity is important and the more a student can build on their own ideas, the better. While certain prose and poems have set themes, I want to teach in a way that gives a student the confidence to interpret a piece of work in their own way that helps them understand.
I hope to help students gain a better understanding and enjoyment of set exam texts by working through any of their concerns! I have experience in assisting with coursework, teaching poetry, reviewing the key themes in prose and drama, and providing assistance in exam technique and approaching unseen poetry! I am a friendly, enthusiastic undergraduate currently studying English Literature.
I provide English tutoring primarily to GCSE, A Level and IB students, but am flexible about working with a range of age groups. As a tutor, I try to be as helpful and constructive as possible, so most of my lessons are structured around working through activities, commentaries or essay plans together.
I specialise in tutoring for the 11+ for both Grammar and Independent schools based around Hillingdon, Harrow, SW Hertfordshire and Barnet as well as for 13+ entrance exams. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Maths, English, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning, Creative Writing and interview practice targeted to both GL and CEM style assessments for 11+ and 13+ exams.
I am a friendly, patient and encouraging English teacher. I have 20 years of experience teaching across all key stages in Hillingdon secondary schools, both state and independent. I am a keen promoter of private reading - see attached file.
- Classes Using a combination of carefully structured worksheets and textbooks, we will devise a programme specifically for your child, to take him or her from the basics of Maths and/or English through to the more demanding aspects of school work.
My name is Hina Ali and I am an A-Level student who is willing to give my knowledge of reading in English and Classics to those who would benefit from it. My techniques would be having the student read to me and also tell me what they can gather from the text. I will help by inputting my own knowledge of English and Classics within this and hopefully help them improve.
I have recently completed a BA (hons) in English Language and Creative Writing and give lessons from primary to A level in creative writing, and because I have a passion for this, it inspires prospective students to success - if they have the raw talent, then I will teach them how to apply it.
I start my lessons with a quick test to see the student's level of English. I can teach grammar perfectly but it's not my focus. Only if the student struggles in some topic I would like to plan for next few lesson to cover the topic. I always pay attention reading comprehensions and I do reading schedule for my students.
My teaching method is highly adaptable from student to student, depending on their areas of weakness. I aim to get students thinking more deeply about the texts, while also using practice questions to improve exam technique. The combination of deeper analytical thinking and exam technique makes As and A*s easier to achieve.
I am a firm believer that any amount of progress is important no matter how small. I would focus lessons mainly on specific areas of English that the student may find difficult or wants to enhance. I believe that grammar and spelling is essential for success in English so would dedicate a section of the lessons to ensuring that skills in this area are strong.
As an experienced and qualified professional I can offer personalised lessons after initial assessment. Although I am a dyslexia tutor, I am able to teach all abilities. I offer a multi-sensory approach to learning. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Maths, English and Science. English as an additional language. - Tell me about your qualifications.
For the past 12 years I have worked as a Primary School Teacher. A recent move to the area has meant leaving the school I was at for many years and I feel now is a good time to start tuition allowing me to utilise my outstanding teaching skills. - Which subject(s) do you teach? 11+ (Transfer test), Key Stage 2 Maths, Key Stage 2 English. - Tell me about your qualifications.
I give lessons to students who want to learn a bit more and go beyond what they are taught in school, as well as students who need a little bit of help grasping a concept or achieving what they are truly capable of.
I am a dedicated, passionate and motivated English teacher who genuinely seeks to ensure every pupil becomes confident in their own ability to study English. My goal is to engage pupils, support and challenge them in their English studies so they achieve their potential and goals.
My teaching method is heavily based on communication and games. I explain information and have a conversation about the topic, then reinforce this knowledge by an educational game.
My approach respects the student`s personality and capabilities while challenging their thinking and perceptions. - I am sympathetic, experienced and understanding of the process and knowledge required therefore I am fully committed to teach until my students are content and satisfied with their work.
I approach these subjects very enthusiastically as I very much enjoyed my 11+ and GCSE stages myself. I apply different fun and memorable ways of learning topics that can be applied into further learning and love the feeling of being able to share my learning techniques with other young optimistic learners.
I am a fully qualified, practicing and experienced primary teacher working with children across all primary ages. I take a particular interest in building confidence and self esteem in pupils and I hold an enhanced and current DBS certificate.
- Classes Preparing students for 11 Plus and GCSE exams - Ages and Levels Covered 11 Plus: Maths and English GCSE: Maths and English - Opening Times Monday to Friday: 2pm to 8pm Saturday: 10am to 5pm - Tuition Fees Please contact our manager on 020 8866 9088 - Special Offers Limited offer - 20% discount for the students registering for 2 subjects.
- Classes First Class Learning is a weekly study programme in line with the UK curriculum. Children follow a programme, the starting point being determined by an initial assessment carried out in your own home. The basic programme is pure maths - from number recognition to GCSE algebra. It includes topics such as shape, time, measurement, area/perimeter, series, etc.
- Classes Children are taught in small groups but each child in the group works on an individual work plan designed to address any areas of weakness. Most children attend once a week for 80 minutes and homework is provided to reinforce the topics they have learnt in class. Teachers always provide feedback at the end of a session so that parents are kept up to date with their child's progress.
- Classes On the maths programme, children develop their numeracy skills as well as mental agility,concentration,accuracy and fluency. The English programme focuses on reading,comprehension skills but also builds skills in grammar, punctuation and vocabulary. - Ages and Levels Covered Students of all ages and abilities Attend the centre.
Thousands of tutors can teach you English,
find private lessons close to Mill End.
Pick your own coach to help you learn english. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in english in Mill End and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Mill End by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.