With my tutoring I like to be creative, caring, and approachable, whilst nevertheless aiming to foster a high level of academic attainment. My approach is uniquely tailored to each student, creating a relaxed learning environment that allows a true love of the academic subject to blossom.
My teaching methods are probably very different to others. Rather then just try to teach you words or phrases I’ll talk to you and ask you questions which you will find more fun and in the end more effective.
I help clients achieve their goals by combining life and career coaching with excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills. I'm passionate about elocution and the use of English and tutor all nationalities and age ranges. EFL a specialism. - Which subject(s) do you teach? My specialist areas are English, elocution, communication and career coaching.
I am a personable and experienced tutor with an excellent history of successfully preparing pupils for the Kent Grammar schools and many of the top London based schools. I teach in a motivating, organised and adaptable manner. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I am highly experienced at tutoring Maths and English from pre-school to 13+ entrance. I specialise in the 11+ common entrance exam.
I am open to teaching in any style that make sure that the student receives the greatest amount of understanding of the subject. If needing to study particular books please specify so that I can make sure that my teaching will best help you. Each session is customized to the students needs so that they gain the best experience from it.
- Classes We run classes in the core subjects; English, Maths and Science for children aged 8 and upwards.
- Classes We run 1 on 1 tuition in a small group environment of up to 5 pupils. Each child follows their own unique program of study and receives 1 on 1 contact time with the tutor, while experiencing the benefit of a low pressure group environment amongst peers and independent learning time.
I have a wealth of teaching experience across a wide range of age groups. Having held a Deputy Head post with responsibility for literacy and handwriting, I am well placed to provide progressive engaging tutoring for all abilities. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Handwriting. I teach all primary and secondary school aged children. Suitable for children with a specific learning disability.
- Classes Standard Membership - - Up to 2 tuition sessions per week. - Mapped to the National Curriculum. - A maths and English course created for your child's individual needs. - Parent feedback at the end of every session. - Regular in-depth Parent Meetings to discuss your child's progress. - No booking required - attend at any time during our opening hours.
I have not tutored English before but having achieved an A and an A* at GCSE and a B at A Level I feel I have good knowledge to pass on. I feel writing technique is extremely important, especially when comparing literature. I will also go in to how to structure answers and ensure key terminology is used appropriately.
I have a wealth of resources but ultimately adapt my teaching to suit the individual student. I hope to be approachable by making the subject fun, enjoyable and interesting in order to help build confidence - and ultimately achieve success.
I am happy to give advice and revision classes to GCSE or A-Level students. Having recently been through the same process myself I like to think I understand the pressure it can cause and have the tools to navigate them. I believe in consistent and steady revision, setting targets and being realistic.
I have been tutoring for the Kent 11+ for many years, and am an 11+ revision course leader with Recre8 at Tonbridge school. As a patient teacher, I explain things in varied and accessible ways, and have always had excellent results. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Preparation for the 11+ exam - Maths, English, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning. Maths and English GCSE English Lit.
My name is Florence. I am a French native speaker, bilingual English/French and mother of 2. I have been living in England since 1998. I spent 11 years in central London before moving to Kent with my family in 2009. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach French (all levels, no adults) and English. I also help children prepare for their 11+ tests. - Tell me about your qualifications.
My name is Reece I have a BA degree in film and TV production. School is stressful especially if you're not feeling too confident in your subject. We can work through it together and make sure that you feel confident when walking into that exam! I won't give you the answers, I will help you to find the answer yourself. It's the best way to learn.
With a degree in Mathematics and Statistics from The Open university, teacher experience and tutoring for 15 years, I am in the perfect position to tutor you, or your child. I am very patient and can tutor students of various abilities.
A highly experienced language tutor (French, Italian, English, EFL) with a friendly, flexible approach and a very successful track record in achieving excellent results. - Which subject(s) do you teach? French : All levels from GCSE to AS/A level. Italian : all levels from beginner to GCSE, A level, IB and first degree.
- Classes Kumon is a unique method of study which aims to give each and every child skills that last a lifetime. Focusing on the vital subjects of Maths and English, we can help your child to develop their learning skills and exceed expectations. My Centre is a calm and friendly Centre which allows students to become relaxed and at ease, a happy student is one that will learn.
I have experience in primary secondary and Further Education. Over the last ten years I have concentrated on working with children and young people who find studying difficult. My lessons are individual to the you fun and above all meaningful.
I am passionate about enabling students to develop a genuine appreciation of the English language and literature in addition to achieving their full potential. I understand the importance of personalised attention and the difference it makes to a student's chance of success.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English from 13+ including GCSE, A-level and Higher Education as well as general adult education. - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Classes Maths and English tuition for 6-16 year olds. We also help students prepare for 11+ and GCSE exams. - Ages and Levels Covered KS1 (6-7 year olds) - maths and English. KS2 (7-11 year olds) - maths, English, 11+ KS3 (11-14 year olds) - maths and English. KS4 (14-16 year olds) - maths, English, GCSE - Opening Times Various sessions offered after school hours. Saturday mornings.
My name is Anthony Bromley, and my teaching level is most suited to A Level and university students; although I am happy to tutor GCSE students as well. I will begin all my private teaching by an initial discussion with the student, through which I will be able to assess the best structure for further lessons, and where best the tuition can be focused.
My teaching technique is to engage students through creativity and a unique take on every subject to ensure the ability to learn for everyone.
I work closely with my students to improve their confidence and knowledge of the syllabus. However, I focus primarily on exam technique and doing lots of written practice. Students often come to me with a good base level of knowledge from their lessons at school, but struggle to apply it to exam scenarios. I ask my students to complete a weekly assignment so I can monitor their progress closely.
I teach all aspects of English, including comprehension, figurative language, descriptive writing, story structure, poetry, novels, plays etc. I can tutor anyone from 5 to 50, but I mostly help teenagers with their GCSEs, A Levels, SATs and ACTs. I tutor the three main subjects that people seem to want tutoring in; Maths, Science and English.
I am a positive, enthusiastic and easy going individual with a passion for teaching and have taught in the EYFS, KS1 and KS2 in a range of inner London schools. I am a qualified play therapist as well registered with PTUK and the tutors association. - Which subject(s) do you teach? English, Maths, Science - Primary school level - EYFS, KS1 and KS2 and help transitioning into secondary school.
- Classes Every student has a programme that is built just for them. They concentrate on getting to grips with topics that they are covering in school whilst also working on a parallel thread that is put together to fill any gaps that may exist in their core skills. * The MagiKats programme supports the National Curriculum. * More than tutor 'hot-housing' and more than learning by rote.
I am a practising teacher, and have tutored for over 25 years and my results speak for themselves. I offer intensive programmes in the holidays to boost academic performance.I tutor the spectrum of English and am experienced,professional but caring. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English at all levels. I also deliver holiday programmes to improve academic performance.
Hello! My name is Yvonne Mitchell. I am a primary teacher who exudes patience and resilience. Together you and I can practise our reading and phonics; we can help each other to spell; we can read and find out information from a range of text genres. We can enjoy writing for fun...Together we can enjoy the written and spoken word. Through our learning, our confidence will blossom.
Thousands of tutors can teach you English,
find private lessons close to Tunbridge Wells.
Pick your own coach to help you learn english. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in english in Tunbridge Wells and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Tunbridge Wells by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.